It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem With America Is That We Have No Royalty To Look Up Too!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Not sure I put this in the right spot since i'm still getting used to the rules...Sorry

Anyways I think if we had a family like Kings and Queens with little power similar to England it would go a long way to bringing unity to the States. The closest we had were the Kennedy's and the country was getting used to them as people to look up too.

An amendment to the Constitution to allow a vote for a King of America in name only would bring us together as a people and give us something to focus our energy on rather than just following Brad and the thing he calls a mate.

The King would recieve no benefits from this title and have absolutely no power but he could be sent around the world as an ambassador of sorts to help smooth any feathers that our string of recent Presidents always seem to ruffle.

For nominations we could pick the Bush family or the Clinton family but it doesn't have to be people involved in politics. For example we could elect the Kardashians to represent us.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hm...I don't know...I don't see that working out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled4u

Well, I certainly hope you are trolling....

But I serve no one but myself and fellow man - and I see no difference between me, a man in the service, and a government official.

I believe all should be treated with equal respect, and indeed some should deserve thanks and such - it does not separate the fact that they are a human with a conscious as I.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Oh, my gosh are you kiddin' me? Really? You think having a monarchy would bring this country together? The "royals" or "bluebloods" are the most messed up, corrupt, immoral people out there. Have you no knowledge of history? I wouldn't wish myself to be "Queen" for anything! Did you know that if you couldn't produce a male heir your King could have you beheaded? And they did! It was common practice for the "King" to sleep around with whomever he chose as he chose. Women were treated as nothing more than property. King Henry VIII used and abused women at will. He didn't put his people/country first, he put his desires first. They were spoiled, entitiled elitists who filled their bellies and lusts before the good of their country/people. Wow, just wow.

And P.S...who gave this thread a flag?
edit on 23-8-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You must be living in a fairy tale right? just sayin after seein your avatar

Kings and queens just want to own you, and other people... Royalty has no clue what "normal" life is about... totally secluded from the rest of the population, pretty much like the presidents too.. hmm weird

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I believe this is one of the things we broke away from when we declared our independence and I happen to enjoy following brad and Jolie's escapades.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well I agree! "make me king as we move toward a new world order,"

I am not sure how to comment as I am not sure how the American public would react but given their drooling covetous of celebs and the royal wedding, I'm sure they would go for it. As long as their was drama, etc. Let's make a royal court of Jersey Shore. Queen Snooki, anyone?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I Don't think a title given to a man is going to change anything. A respectable man or woman are no less respected or more respected when given a title of king or queen than they are when named Mr or Ms President. I respect those who I think deserve it. Plus I don't know why people think we are the ONLY country that should has to appologize for our mistakes. Doesn't any other country MAKE MISTAKES? Just a thought..

Thx for the thread

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You are one of two things: bat sh@# crazy, or a troll. A royal family is the absolute last thing any civilized country needs.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I volunteer to be Queen.

OH, right you gotta have money to be royalty. Oh well, dare to dream!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
According to some we currently have a messiah,isn't that the same?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
LOL quit smoking that meth man. For real! If you think a monarchy is the answer you need to wake up. If you think that the british royalty have no power, I suggest you google it and see that they are very powerful and see that they secretly run the politics of britain as well as determine what is trendy. Stop being a sheeple and wake up. I'm not insulting you, I just feel sorry for ones that think they need a monarch role model to look up to. Try setting YOURSELF a goal and work towards it as a free man. Any person who lets someone else decide for them what is best is a child and weak. If you are an adult then you will take your life into your own hands and decide for yourself what is proper for YOU. Monarchy's and Dictatorships only end in holocaust. Study tyranny on wikipedia or something.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

You could be my queen. I will carry you into my cardboard castle over the gutter moat.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You know, a fail-safe backup to a failing governmental system may not be such a bad thing. I can certainly see the advantages of the people choosing a family, and then showering that family with wealth and riches, for the sole purpose of standing on their side when the government gets too much control over the people.

I don't know who would make a good choice though. I'm thinking a celebrity would be too engulfed in the system already, with too many connections in high places, to make a good choice. Perhaps if we took a homeless family, a few who are so down on their luck that they know first-hand the tragedy of poverty, and made them royalty...for a few generations, anyway, I imagine they would appreciate such an offer, and take the job with full-out responsibility for protecting the people.

After a while, though....we would get what they have in Britain. A good idea for a system, certainly, but there are many potential problems. And good luck convincing the American people that the benefits outweigh any potential problems!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I couldnt disagree with you more. There's really nothing more to say on this matter

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled4u

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f37e00e0b217.jpg[/atsimg]

For nominations we could pick the Bush family or the Clinton family

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/433ef1214957.jpg[/atsimg]

I'd stop and think long and hard about what you're proposing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh god. Ahahahaha.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Eh?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

...here, sweetie - found just the right video for you...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This by far the dumb of all dumb ideas, no offence were equally due to them at some period.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Now Please tell me who you would rather have representing us...OK?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da8a5b3bce7a.jpg[/atsimg]

This guy? Or would you rather have this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee697866106e.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join