It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago UFO sighting, weird.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
I'm going to go with the general opinion of Parachutists with Pyrotechnics.

I'm not sure if it was humans under the parachutes, but the way they were descending continuously certainly looked the same as what a parachute device would do.
Have to be directional parachutes though, but thats easy enough to make.

Not that I'm an expert, I've only jumped 26 times.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Im saying the footage is genuine and those are not CGI or fireworks.

I've been keeping an eye on recent UK sightings and in the last few months there have been many witnesses reporting about incidents similar to the one shown, each reporting meteor looking objects decending, however they stop looking like meteorites when the begin floating?

Theres been a definate peak in orange orb sightings too.

UK UFO SITE

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Interesting video - to me the lights look like they were in the original video - but those sort of gas bursts look a little like CGI maybe. I am always quite intrigued with these types of triangle light UFOs for some reason.

edit on 22-8-2011 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

Its not a triangle man. Any 3 points of light in the sky are always going to look like a triangle shape.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Im saying the footage is genuine and those are not CGI or fireworks.

Theres been a definate peak in orange orb sightings too.

UK UFO SITE

And a growth in sales of Chinese Lanterns

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
fireworks?! HAHAHAHA i want some of those! looks pretty cool!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

Yea this is very true of course. These three lights do not look like there are fixed together or anything. Do seem to be some sort of firework or something.

I have seen many videos in the past where 3 lights seem to be a solid structure. Whether they are hoaxes/government/aliens/random phenomenon or whatever, they do seem to appear around the world a lot and look rather similar. Seem to always be just cruising, don't think i seen any videos of them traveling fast.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Definitely like The Golden Knights.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
It is not unusual for people to attach fireworks to sky lanterns nowadays, and I think it is a plausible explanation for the video in the OP.

For comparison:

You can also read about it in this thread: ATS: Sky Lanterns Research Project

That's a good example but when this happens it isn't intentional, it's spilled fuel catching. As for the OP, I dunno those skydivers usually put their jumps on facebook. Could be another group I suppose. Also these lights seem guided if not propelled.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here's my opinion: possibly chinese lantern type things with small fire crackers in them. This could account for how they release small explosions but continue glow, but then fade out again at the end.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Laterns account for some of course...but how do explain the velocity and tail, and meteor like behaviour of others? I think many are quick to dimiss key facts.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by demetriandlucy
just like our sighting here earlier this year. and all the other tri-orb videos that showed up during the end last year.

Holy crap this is the same thing just a while ago. Freakin amazing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The Chicago Air & Water show was this past weekend as well. I could hear jets all weekend and could see planes flying in various formation from the street.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Also a video of the Golden Knights.

So for sure, the lights seen on January 6, 2011 was caused by the Elsinore skydive center in conjunction with the Army Golden Knights. No UFOs at all with this case.
unitedstatesufo.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks for this. Clears that up nicely

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Warning: Offensive language

Lol, I am originally from the Illinois area and spent many years near Chicago, now I live in Washington State. This may have been offensive language to most but it made me feel like I was home again.

Cool video. I don't know what they were. Nice find though.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
When in doubt about what you've seen or viewed best guess is "swamp gas". Doesn't matter where you see it, over the ocean, in the desert, in Chicago - SWAMP GAS.....

That's one of the answers the debunkers, non-believers, military, etc. always use. One day when it's proven there really are flying saucers, unidentified object that in fact were flying saucers, everyone who doesn't believe will say "oh, well, I knew it all along"...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There are usually 3 dots appearing in formations, don't know why but this what people see often in encounters.
I tend to imagine that the 3 lights are part of a scout ship or some sort and that a pack of lights 10 or more are part of a mothership. They are all cloaked or dematerialized.

This is just my 2 cents.

I don't know about fireworks, usually they are ment to entertain with flashy effects like sparkles different colors and so on and so forth.

These explosions or sparks only flashed once and if it was fireworks it'd be a boring show for sure.

1- Few explosions, long intervals in between.
2-1 color and for some reason it blends with all the other lights in the vid.
3- Why in the world would you shoot fireworks when parachuters are flying in the same area.

Those gas sparks effects look like warp flashes.

Also, if you look closely at the formations of these lights. You are able to see in 3D (I am a 3D animator by the way) the way these lights move. Draw a line around and connect these dots and follow them, you'll notice how they move accordingly. It's as if there is a triangle shape turning around and facing different sides.

Pretty neat right? the flashes also appear 1 by 1 when this triangle is turning as if the flashes appear when it's propulsing itself around. 1st one appears on the top right light, it's propulsing itself to the left so the flash appears after on the right. The 2nd one appears on the bottom light on the left, so that dot it's propulsing itself to the right.
And finally the 3rd flash appears on the top left light and that dot is propulsing itself to the left so it appears on the right.

I can definitely see a pattern here, some weird ship turning around and it's cloaked.

Ugh too much Sci-fi sorry...

OF course all this is just speculation...

edit on 23-8-2011 by Shurima because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by Shurima because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It's intentional. They're lighting the fireworks that are attached to the lantern as the video starts.

Remember that there are alot of different fireworks in production, and just because my example doesn't show exactly what's in the OP, it doesn't discount the fact that it could easily be some other sort of fireworks attached to sky lanterns in the OP video.

Originally posted by Kali74
Also these lights seem guided if not propelled.

Maybe that's due to the gunpowder of which fireworks are comprised?
edit on 23/8/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
if 12 people saw someone get shot it would be taken seriously, reports taken and suspects looked for.

but the ohare ufo incident, it was quickly suppressed.

just the fact that american airlines has ordered it's employees to shut up tells you that strong pressure is being exerted on them and that the employess saw what they claim they saw.

since they weren't fired, that's another red flag that this incident was real. if aa believed this was a hoax, the employees would have beeen fired, and aa would be instantly sued and this matter would be on public record.

that's the real story. if there were any real investigative journalists in america, this would be one of the greatest stories ever investigated.

edit on 23-8-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR
When in doubt about what you've seen or viewed best guess is "swamp gas". Doesn't matter where you see it, over the ocean, in the desert, in Chicago - SWAMP GAS.....

Good lord, "swamp gas man" strikes again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join