It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Sniper Released From Prison After Just 5-Years For Killing Two Marines

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

You dont see it on the news because it sounds like a steaming load of bull.

What, the fact that he was ordered to do this, or that innocent families are being killed. The latter is certainly true, I highly doubt the former, no official order to commit a war crime would ever, ever, be given.

Now what I have heard of is disregarding certain mission points. It was some docu I watched, possibly marines? dunno, but when the commander would give a briefing he'd stop his foot after a part, which tells the troops to disregard it.

I.E.

Mission A:
Intercept target vehicle
Capture target
Minimize civilian causalities (stomp) *ignore this protocol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Any house that was suspected to be harboring terrorist was raided,
and anyone who was in the house was killed, even children.
This is what was said, not sure if it is true.
Oh well, I believe him.

edit on 22-8-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

he was a prisoner of war not a terrorist , don,t forget that we invaded his country and he was part of the resistance against an invading army .
whilst any death in war is sad and regretable , he was fighting for his country just the same as you would if your country was invaded by a foreign power .

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Is this a troll thread?

Wow.

He's a terrorist for defending his OWN soil? His own citizens from an INVADING force. By that logic, all invading forces should be locked away and they key thrown away.

What about those senseless bombings, innocent people were murdered on a daily basis but oh yes! that is fine because they, they are iraqis so let's lable them as terrorists, the lot of them. Gosh, I feel sick now

War is war. Did this man deserve prison at all? I think not and for those that think he does, put the US/UK/Whatever in there too.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
How many American snipers where imprisoned for killing Iraqis?

If America was invaded, would you be the terrorist or the freedom fighter / resistance ?

Spare me the poor wee innocent peacful American's rubbish.
edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

well said, none because they are doing a good job right? They are terrorists! All of them!

my ass ...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I remember when I invaded Iraq with my snipe.
Not such a good Idea.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Im a US Marine. If they caught this guy there is a 99.9% chance he did what he did which is kill 2 of my brothers that i never got to meet. Its real easy to sit at a computer and consider yourself superior to two dead men and say "they invaded a country they get what they deserve". Or "the poor terrorist is really just defending his country". ##SNIP## You dont know that he was part of the syrian/iranian/baathist terrorist groups that murdered more Iraqis than they did US military personnel. Being that this guy was sniping he very possibly may have had formal training from the iranians or syrians. Real sniping isnt the same as when you sit your ass in a chair and play sniper on the xbox. Iran and syria were giving crash courses on how to shoot, stalk, make ieds, gather intel, ect and PAYING these folks to go out and kill. THAT MAKES HIM A MERCENARY NOT A POOR IRAQI FIGHTING OFF THE INVADERS!!!!!! I had buddies get shot up in fallujah and few more gone from ieds one being family. Anyone marginalizing these two Marines deaths and showing any type of support for the terrorist that killed them I have something to say to you. Go look in the mirror and tell yourself you will never be the type of person that Captain McKenna or Cpl. Glover was, you will never be that good. Shame on every damn one of you talking like that. Semper fi.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

I'll say it again, war is war.

I feel sorry and sad for the peopl that lose their lives on both sides but just because hes from a different country does not make him a terrorist, or rather show me the proof he is a terrorist and not an iraqi soldier defending his homeland or even citizen defending his home land.

Please provide proof and I shall believe that he is a terrorist as of now, we have none.

So please get off your high horse.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Victor03
reply to post by earthdude

Im a US Marine. If they caught this guy there is a 99.9% chance he did what he did which is kill 2 of my brothers that i never got to meet. Its real easy to sit at a computer and consider yourself superior to two dead men and say "they invaded a country they get what they deserve". Or "the poor terrorist is really just defending his country". You dont know # you smug assholes. You dont know that he was part of the syrian/iranian/baathist terrorist groups that murdered more Iraqis than they did US military personnel. Being that this guy was sniping he very possibly may have had formal training from the iranians or syrians. Real sniping isnt the same as when you sit your ass in a chair and play sniper on the xbox. Iran and syria were giving crash courses on how to shoot, stalk, make ieds, gather intel, ect and PAYING these folks to go out and kill. THAT MAKES HIM A MERCENARY NOT A POOR IRAQI FIGHTING OFF THE INVADERS!!!!!! I had buddies get shot up in fallujah and few more gone from ieds one being family. Anyone marginalizing these two Marines deaths and showing any type of support for the terrorist that killed them I have something to say to you. Go look in the mirror and tell yourself you will never be the type of person that Captain McKenna or Cpl. Glover was, you will never be that good. Shame on every damn one of you talking like that. Semper fi.

So basically he is

A VERY WELL TRAINED POOR IRAQI FIGHTING OFF THE INVADERS!!!!!!

Thanks for clearing that up.

PS: Who is Captain McKenna or Cpl. Glover and why would I want to be a man like them?

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You dont know # you smug assholes. You dont know that he was part of the syrian/iranian/baathist terrorist groups that murdered more Iraqis than they did US military personnel. Being that this guy was sniping he very possibly may have had formal training from the iranians or syrians. Real sniping isnt the same as when you sit your ass in a chair and play sniper on the xbox. Iran and syria were giving crash courses on how to shoot, stalk, make ieds, gather intel, ect and PAYING these folks to go out and kill. THAT MAKES HIM A MERCENARY NOT A POOR IRAQI FIGHTING OFF THE INVADERS!!!!!!

And what are you tough guy?

You are nothing more than a mercenary working for the US terror squad. Did you kill your enemies? Some civilians perhaps, collateral damage?

Then you are no better, don´t kid yourself with your false sense of rightiousness.. You should be in jail too then.

It´s ridiculous to think that you guys have some sort of moral superiority or a better justification for your actions, as opposed to the people you were fighting.

I think Americans killed more innocent Iraqi civilians than any other group did.

Who is a smug a hole exactly?

edit on 22-8-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Not only americans to be honest but yes, the war machine murdered more innocent people than any iraqi could of but it's ok all for love and peace right? :/

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

Not only americans to be honest but yes, the war machine murdered more innocent people than any iraqi could of but it's ok all for love and peace right? :/

Ministry of Peace

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

You dont know # you smug assholes. You dont know that he was part of the syrian/iranian/baathist terrorist groups that murdered more Iraqis than they did US military personnel. Being that this guy was sniping he very possibly may have had formal training from the iranians or syrians. Real sniping isnt the same as when you sit your ass in a chair and play sniper on the xbox. Iran and syria were giving crash courses on how to shoot, stalk, make ieds, gather intel, ect and PAYING these folks to go out and kill. THAT MAKES HIM A MERCENARY NOT A POOR IRAQI FIGHTING OFF THE INVADERS!!!!!!

And what are you tough guy?

You are nothing more than a mercenary working for the US terror squad. Did you kill your enemies? Some civilians perhaps, collateral damage?

Than you are no better, don´t kid yourself with your false sense of rightiousness.. You should be in jail too then.

It´s ridiculous to think that you guys have some sort of moral superiority or a better justification for your actions, as opposed to the people you were fighting.

I think Americans killed more innocent Iraqi civilians than any other group did.

Who is a smug a hole exactly?

Sure civilians die during war. Death is apart of war. But who the hell are you to claim the U.S is a "terror squad?" Im not debating on whether the shooter should be punished or freed, I have mixed emotions. Show me the proof that Americans killed more innocent's than the terrorist groups. Sure some were tense and scared and innocents get killed, mainly by mistake. Yet, here's these different terror organizations killing their own damn people every single day deliberately, it happened then and it's happening now. Still America is the biggest terrorist of them all right? Considering we strap bombs to our children because we are afraid to fight back ourselves, that's America right?

Fact is, any man who serves his country, no matter where he is located in the world deserves more respect and appreciation then you cowards who would never be brave enough to put your own life on the line for your country. You just sit behind a computer screen and criticize.
edit on 22-8-2011 by FPB214 because: (no reason given)

link   

that sounds about right to be honest

link   

Hello there Mr Mercenary, as patriotism is not really a valid reason to invade a country like Iraq you yourself can be classified as one. Anyways lets not dwell on salaries and other lucrative spoils of war.

If you say that syrian/iranian/baathist are training the Iraqis what is different to the US intel training Bin Laden back in the day? Kinda backfired didn't it ? Maybe this will be the same for the "islamists" although I am sure that the Arabian Spring produced some mighty fine "leaders" as well that will be another problem in the next 20 years. So although I don't believe that there is some state organized terrorist training given in Iraq it might be possible some individual groups of people payed by various corporations/groups. Even likely I would say.

btw you make it look as if making an IED requires special training, I think episodes of macgyver is enough to make them

Anyways I don't know the exact circumstances but I think it's hard convicting people to maximum prison sentences in a time of war. In an ideal world every fighting party would go to a re-education camp or whatever to teach them to love people instead of kill them for corporate interests.

And good luck with the nightmares if you were in the theater of war, not my cup of tea I'd rather get hemorrhoids sitting behind my computer playing my X-box games. Call of duty is one of my favorites

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You have no clue what I have done. Think I should be in jail come arrest me. You folks want proof he wasnt a poor iraqi defending his homeland...i know Marines that were there they let anyone leave that wanted to and the mujhadeen stayed to fight. THey pleaded for the Marines to invade. They were from all over the middle east. Paid mercenaries. Some were iraqi. Im not on a high horse, you just have no concept of what you are mocking. Do the research on the battle and youll learn something. I know men that were there and apparently you know what you read in an article.
The two names i wrote in my first post are the names of the Marines that were killed by the sniper.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I say boo hoo...soldiers killed during a war>>>what a freaking shock. Let us lock a fellow soldier for murdering other soldiers. Wait would that also mean American soldiers should be arrested? Oh wait...American soldiers are the better people...
.Terrorist or not,,he was fighting for his to maintain his way of life....we hate it...but they also hate ours.....it is war..people die..get over it.
edit on 22-8-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join