It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: The Biggest Distraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hello, my name is Mouldilocks.

Like many others I have been "lurking" here for a while and decided that now is the time to join and come out of the shadows, so to speak.

ATS has become my single biggest distraction! I can barely go an hour without checking the new topic fire hose for any breaking news, I know I'm not alone in this, and just wanted to say hello to all you people with your wonderful and varied perspectives on the world we live in, and to say that I hope to be able to join in with the collective speculation soon.

Just got to suss out how things work behind the scenes (stars, flags, subscriptions etc) as now I have joined the layout looks very different!

Thanks for taking the time to pop by.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi!
Yep it can be a distraction from your day to day stuff, but its been the best distraction from the distraction the MSM plays on not reporting the real news.

Can hardly wait to read your threads and posts.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Welcome aboard

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks to ATS I don't use Facebook anymore

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mouldilocks

Hi Mouldilocks, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Hello ItsEvolutionBaby, thanks for the welcome.

While I hope to add my take on things to some of the discussion threads, I won't claim to be able to bring anything new or revolutionary or even logical and concise, just an eagerness to speculate and discuss, so please don't get too excited about my potential future posts! Hehe.

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thanks also cripmeister, homeslice and Sauron.

First board I've been involved with where I have such quick responses, let alone warm welcomes!

Thankyou all.

And, Sauron, I'll be sure to look through all the links.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

hello welcome to ATS

gotta ask though...

"Hello, my name is Mouldilocks"

lool mouldilocks? whats the story behind this name ?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Teehee...hello seedofchucky, I could ask ther same!

Long story shortened; I rewrote the Goldilocks story, as a kid, to Mouldilocks and the 3 heirs, basing Mouldilocks/Goldilocks on myself and the 3 heirs/bears on my 3 younger brothers (highly overactive imagination as a child - in fact that's probably still true, thinking about it!)
The youngest brother was only around 2 at the time and evidently related to the story on such a level that he thought I actually was Mouldilocks!

Needless to say, my parents found this hilarious, especially as my youngest brother refused to acknowledge me by my real name, and so my whole family have called me Mouldilocks, or Mouldy, ever since!

Not the most flattering of nicknames, I know, but I always think its a sign of a close family when nicknames are used rather than real names.

My brothers nicknames are Denzel, Mummy's Little Soldier and Oswald! My mum's nickname is Soldier's Little Mummy....so at least I am not alone in not being addressed with my given name!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

lol thats awsome thanks for sharing that

you had quite the imagination as a kid =)

oh as for my nam i couldn't think of a ATS nam at the time... then whn i was signing up i was watching the movie seed of chucky so i said what the hell lol
edit on 22-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Welcome. I truly hope you enjoy your stay here.

Sauron covered just about everything in his post, but I'll add one little tidbit. ...and it's an easy one, too.

Be polite. No matter how inflammatory the topic, and we have more than a few that are the proverbial match to kerosene, always be polite to your fellow members. If you find yourself getting angry, just step away for a little bit.

This will help make your time here more enjoyable for everyone, including the mods. We'd much rather spend our time discussing topics of interest, rather than members as topics.

Other than that? Have fun. Most every topic under the sun is here somewhere.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
*clearing throat*....hi my name is summer, and I am an ATS addict!

Welcome

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

...and the numbers are growing daily. Must be contagious...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Hi seagull, thanks for popping in.

Sound advice which I shall heed

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Hi summer5

Pleasure to be joining the ranks of fellow addicts such as yourself, and a relief to finally be "out of the closet"!

new topics

top topics

join