It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 Minutes/Australia-Fukushima Now Radiating Everyone: 'Unspeakable' Reality 'Will Impact All Of

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

WHEN they die, then we're screwed. Till then, well, we just don't know

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Should be renamed to fukushambles..... they should do what Michio Kaku said the chernobyl option now!

It's a passive WW3 and nuclear energy is winning!

what is happening

edit on 22-8-2011 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A photojournalist gained unauthorised access thru one of the workers and snapped photos with 2 compact cameras. If you click on the photo, it will give a comment on the photo

www.guardian.co.uk...

Obara had a friend who worked in the plant, who accompanied him and provided a cover story.
He used both SLRs and a small, silent camera, but even when people saw him taking photographs, no questions were asked. Obara points to the fact that very little information was given to the workers — they had no idea how their work was going, what other workers were doing, and they weren't being warned about areas of dangerously high radiation.

www.popphoto.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Finally someone making a proper post on this nuclear disaster.

I live in Romania and after Chernobyl the cancer rate in my country grew 900 % yes you hear it right. Over the years it increased and at one point we were told that the effects would be for 25 years ...

There is no way people are so blind with the daily lives not to believe that what happened at Fukushima just ended because you do not see it in the media anymore ..It did not end is just the begging.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I feel so bad for The Japanese citizens. The is the largest modern day cover up in mankind. All that radiation has spread througout the entire World. The Governments and mass media continue to bury the truth, while the foolish sheople just go about their daily lives as if everything is fine. This tragedy will have an effect on this entire planet. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Redux

America imports a vast amount of products from Japan. God forbid that the powers that be lose a buck in the name of humanity. Our Military is there as well. This is clearly being covered up on porpose in order to protect the beloved economy. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lisa2012

I am at a loss for words. 900% cancer rate increase! I guess I can believe it if they build a hospital just for Chernobyl victims.

If I lived there I think I would have been afraid to have children all these years.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I havent seen any news about mass suicides,or hari-kari by the excutives of Tokyo power,the ones who blew this one big time...I thought jap had honor

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There is new Video dated 8/21/11 by Arnie Gunderson on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... by Dalke07

He explains what is happening at this time in terms we can understand.
edit on 22-8-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lisa2012

Finally someone making a proper post on this nuclear disaster.

I live in Romania and after Chernobyl the cancer rate in my country grew 900 % yes you hear it right. Over the years it increased and at one point we were told that the effects would be for 25 years ...

There is no way people are so blind with the daily lives not to believe that what happened at Fukushima just ended because you do not see it in the media anymore ..It did not end is just the begging.

Is there anything else you can tell us to help us better understand what is like to have something like this happen so close to home? Experiences, consequences, changes in your life?

I agree with you... this is only the beginning.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

If it weren't for the contamination of the water table, the meltdown going into the ground would probably be a much better situation than Chernobyl. The ground would contain the radiation much better than a fragile sarcophagus. This water table contamination is serious for Japan, but how much, I don't know.

BTW, if you are well-read, you should have learned that the latest theories by physicists say that a large part of the Earth's core is uranium, not just iron, and the heat emanating from the core and melting the magma in the Earth's mantle is largely fueled by that uranium. So, radioactive isotopes in the ground is not such an unnatural thing.

edit on 22-8-2011 by sorgfelt because: I just read the post about the steam from the water table, so revised what I said.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sorgfelt

Don't mean to butt in here, But If you were more "read up", Then you would know that Nickel and iron are more abundant in the earths core, and Uranium only makes up 2 to 4 parts per million. It's around 40 times as abundant as silver. That's nothing close to what is being released into the oceans, jet streams, as well as the overall atmosphere. Do you have a pension with GE or something? ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
just imagine what would happen if the new madrid fault zone has a major quake, and one of the many plants in the midwest meltsdown. then what?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
All of the world is affected by this, Japan is a major technology developer as well as there is many people in Japan; but, by the way, the water currects are carrying the radiation

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I don't know much about all that, but I know nature has it its balance. I know what is spewing from fukushima is not natural at all.

Bottom line, I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jejovuh

You are correct it seems. Article and photo here (sorry I don't know how to post images)

China has discovered 100,000 square miles of Pacific Ocean waters, at distances up to 800 kilometers from Fukushima, with Cesium radiation levels up to 300 times normal and Strontium radiation levels up to 100 times normal. China says a study conducted by its State Oceanic Administration has found widespread levels of highly radioactive contamination throughout Pacific Ocean.

theintelhub.com...
edit on 22-8-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ive been detoxing and clarifying with the native americans in their sweat lodges and have been ridding myself of all the deadly salts and metals, i suggest you all do the same, you have no idea how much will pour out of you within the first hour and how much better you feel after the shock wears off

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sorgfelt
If it weren't for the contamination of the water table, the meltdown going into the ground would probably be a much better situation than Chernobyl. The ground would contain the radiation much better than a fragile sarcophagus. This water table contamination is serious for Japan, but how much, I don't know.

no no no melting into the ground in an uncontrolled state isn't a solution and isn't better than chenobyl what has happened here is denial & delusions of grandeur that a destroyed nuclear power plant could be salvaged.

What they done at chernobyl.....

During the first days of the accident, they had dug a gigantic tunnel into which they injected liquid nitrogen--whose temperature was hundreds of degrees below zero-in order to cool the core of the burning reactor, which was on the point of exploding. And in this vast cell dug by miners clad in white, thousands of cubic meters of concrete were poured to form a slab that would prevent the nuclear fallout from reaching the ground water

wordswithoutborders.org...
edit on 22-8-2011 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I appreciate that. On another note, I was speaking with a guy back when the BP oil disaster happened, and apparently he was a geologist or something. I was ranting and raving about all that oil that was dumping into the gulf of Mexico and you know what he says to me? He said that Volcanic eruptions periodically blow holes out of oceanic oil reserves frequently, only we are not always aware of them. He told me that the ocean contains massive amounts of oil, but most of it settles or evaporates through time.

Now at first I was like wow, that does make sense. However, I came to the realization that these eruptions probably occur miles down in the depth of the ocean and as alot of us are aware of, those currents down there are different than the surface currents where storms spread the oil out much more. I also told him that he most likely is correct about his theory (or fact), but that didn't remove the damage that a tragedy like that does to the current wildlife populations of the area, nor the economic misery it causes for human beings who depend on the oceans resources in order to feed their families.

At the end of the day, I had to meet him half way. Not sure what I think about that other than alot of this volcanic activity in the past probably allowed for habitat and species to recover through time. These days, it's a different ball game. Mathimatically, We are still destroying the oceans of the world. I came to the conclusion that natural events happen much more less than human caused events. Just my take on it anyway. ~SheopleNation

edit on 22-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I presently a contractor working for a major Japanese firm and I am so heart broke at what is happening to them, very gracious and kind people, and to the rest of the world. We fear we are being exposed on a daily basis as we handle a lot of parcels and freight from Japan, we are told all freight has been checked before entering the country, and I have some ocean front beach property along the Gulf with no oil/cor-exit contamination for sale
Not really funny but this whole story is being covered up just as the Gulf is A coworker just had to return after being here for 5 years and it was gut wrenching watching him go home to this mess when him and his family wanted to stay. May God or a higher power be with us all as we need all the help we can get.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join