60 Minutes/Australia-Fukushima Now Radiating Everyone: 'Unspeakable' Reality 'Will Impact All Of

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

Actually she's right, and the media won't report such things because people don't have the intellectual capacity to actually understand radiation. It is known from ancient times that certain spas and pools have healing properties, but only recently we found that it is due to radon - a radioactive gas coming from natural nuclear reactors. People were using this gas to health benefits for very, very long. I have been swimming in these natural radioactive pools myself. Needless to say life blooms like crazy on these radioactive mountains because of rapid and constant water flow creating hundreds of different types of natural springs with many healing properties..... and so on.
I'm not saying we should all go to Chernobyl right now to heal cancer, I'm saying that radiation is not something evil and man-made, it is something quite natural, very important part of life and even healthy in proper natural doses.
edit on 22/8/2011 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by tinker9917

Fact is that there's radiation everywhere already. It's called the sun. And while the local area may be uninhabitable soon, you must simply look at the trees. In Chernobyl, the trees died near the reactor. Have the trees died in Fukushima yet?

Yea.. the magnetic fields block most of that. How about you look at the food/water/people? I'm sure the trees will die eventually too..
edit on 22-8-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
reply to post by awareness10

Actually she's right, and the media won't report such things because people don't have the intellectual capacity to actually understand radiation. It is known from ancient times that certain spas and pools have healing properties, but only recently we found that it is due to radon - a radioactive gas coming from natural nuclear reactors. People were using this gas to health benefits for very, very long. I have been swimming in these natural radioactive pools myself. Needless to say life blooms like crazy on these radioactive mountains because of rapid and constant water flow creating hundreds of different types of natural springs with many healing properties..... and so on.
I'm not saying we should all go to Chernobyl right now to heal cancer, I'm saying that radiation is not something evil and man-made, it is something quite natural, very important part of life and even healthy in proper natural doses.
edit on 22/8/2011 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

I think we already know radiation is not manmade, no one has a problem with the radiation that does not harm anyone.. People have a problem with the massive unhealthy doses that is slowly killing most of the people in japan and landing in our backyards when it rains. I don't know about you, but I would like 0 radiation please
edit on 22-8-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

That map, to me, shows there is a definite problem. Too much coincidence. I cannot remember the exact number off the top of my head but I think it was 45% or 75% of plants in the U.S. have leaked titrium. Have to go to work, but will find the numbers when I can.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Natural is good; but it's the large doses of the man made things I worry about...

And do not forget, not all of our poisons are radioactive...

The Good Earth

"Gather ye all who breath the airs of the Good Earth, for our days are numbered...

Listen in 'round, we who drink the waters, for the wells are running dry...

Hold each other in attention, who eat the bounty of this our Mother, for her flesh is now dirtied and defiled...

Learn ye the ways of Compassion, for the turning point of salvation draws nigh...

The time is short...
The time is now...
Take Courage and Love...
Get the Truth out...

Let Truth show us the wounds we've bought...
Let Love vanquish the ruin and rot...
With Courage become that which is not...
A new day without vanity's lot..."

Ego can be a powerful creational force for good, if it does not perceive itself as greater than the "we" which defines it...

~1

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Unfortunately this is and always will be the endresult of MAN's quest for world domination in the industrial complex. Nothing good comes from humanity's greed

Sad part is it's always the innocent who suffer.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
this is pretty crazy, Id say its not broadcast on tv becuase they are going down the 'could cause mass panic' with some people,but even still I dont think it should be ignored,not with the magnitude of how far this radiation has spread. always behind the mainstream media is where the real storys lie.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Just thinking out loud here, but at the beginning of the video, when they are in the van.. they say that the levels are too high where they are and building as they get closer.. they are 20km away at that point. Later it shows her walking down a street wearing no protective gear saying that the plant is 20km away. My question is.. if it is indeed as unsafe as they made it out to be at the beginning, why then are they showing a few minutes later that it isn't a big deal?

I'm not saying that it isn't a big deal.. but this is very confusing, as to say.. if it were really that bad.. why the hell would they be giving off the impression that it isn't by filming in such a dangerous (by their standards) area with no protection whatsoever. Things that make you say.. "hmmmm"

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

That part of the video caught my attention too. All I can figure is the radiation level at that location was at the "acceptable level for short term exposure". If that was me, I wouldn't have done it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I found the interview with a Chernobyl Cleanup Crew member, the only survivor of her team (the rest have died) dated March 22, 2011. I recommend reading the whole interview.

What message do you have for Japan? Run away as quickly as possible. Don't wait. Save yourself and don't rely on the government because the government lies. They don't want you to know the truth because the nuclear industry is so powerful.

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
We are the ones who just watched this happen by turning on our lights,computers, and anything else needing power. when we paid lower electrical bills we praised nuclear power as being "more efficent". We helped make this bed by condoning nuclear power for years.

I live in Washington state where it rains the majority of the year. Should I tell my kids not to got out side? Are there enough plastic bubbles for all the school kids in my neighborhood? Is it safe to grow food anywhere?

TPTB know that it is impossible for a family in the current economic state of chaos to sell a house pick up and move and find shelter from the fall-out. I really don't think even if we could move away that it wouldn't by much time before the area we moved to was impacted by this horrific event.

Where can we hide on this planet from somthing so large that affects places on the other side of the world???
I'll tell you.... NO WHERE!!! We are all connected to this planet and it's the only home we have!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
the Japanese government widened the evacuation zone, the 20 km zone is the deadly zone. The 2d zone is apparently less contaminated, refugees from this 2d, 10 km wide zone will be allowed to return according to a Dutch news article from august the 9th. My guess is that the reporter decided to go to one of these temporary abandoned villages.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

Tirer un coup de Chapeau

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What a disgrace to our species.

We have a major meltdown once,now we another one,and were still using this system for power.

Lets get off of nuclear power already...jeez.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ya I remember following this story when the tsunami, hit Japan.. The reporting of the nuclear plant now in Japan, is non existent.. Its still leaking radiation, the radiation is by far all over the World, now and no one is paying attention. As I mentioned then I will mention it again now, in Japan, the long term effect will be death's from cancer and not to mention the decay of land.

Still no one wants to talk about that. In all instances thou their is not and has not been much we could have done about it. The melt down was not handled so well when the catastrophe began yet who am I to judge thou, I was not there.. Maybe that was the best they could have done..

Its really sad thou. This event will Japan, in such a complex dynamic we will not fully understand it for decades to come..

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Why aren't we evacuating Japanese for other parts of the world?

The Japanese people are a very proud race. If given the chance, I think most would prefer to die in Japan, than to move away. Maybe the younger ones would go. Who knows. "just my thoughts".

Why aren't we burying Chernobyl and Fukushima?

The reactor at Chernobyl is buried and I think its one of the best solutions at this time but I am sure there's a lot more that can be done also in Fukushima.
The world is already a scary place and its just got a hell of a lot worse. The truth is our children and their children have no future the way things are going. Interesting and sad times ahead for us all

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I posted this video to my facebook page and added this quote from the OP:

Children over 32 miles from Fukushima ground zero are already suffering fatigue, diarrhea, and nosebleeds, the three most common of eight radiation sickness signs, the three in the earliest stage of the disease

It was immediately removed by facebook. What's up with that, anyone know?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Redux

Mmm, maybe because it was a copy and paste? I typed in the quote myself, rewording it slightly and it wasn't removed.

People need to get this information out more if possible. I know when I talk about it, people just roll their eyes, but we still need to make people aware.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's terrible but I believe it may be too late to stop the effects.
I think all we can do now is clean it up the best we can and steer clear of the radiated zone.
Just like Chernobyl.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When this first happened I said this would be going on for a long time. As in years. And years. And then a few more years.

As for the reporting in the media I don't know what to say. You can't report everything. How do you prioritize which catastrophie is the most in need of being talked about?

Do any of you have time to read every blog out there?

But yes, this thing in Fukushima is HUGE and will, and should, affect everyone everywhere NOW. Humans, especially scientists and academia are arrogant and need to think about what they, we do.

Einstein said " nuclear energy is a hell of a way to boil water" or something like that.

OK, I'll stop now.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join