60 Minutes/Australia-Fukushima Now Radiating Everyone: 'Unspeakable' Reality 'Will Impact All Of

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+86 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I did a search and could not find this already posted. So, I'm sorry if it already has.

Here a video on Fukushima situation and Chernobyl 25 years later, which is still highly contaminated and uninhabitable. This video is a 60 minutes program from August 16,2011.

Apparently, people are now showing signs of radiation sickness in Japan.

On Fukushima:

Stopping along the way, the Geiger showed that a head of cabbage registered as much radiation as an X-ray. "So every time you have a cabbage, you have an X-ray," said Hayes. Radiation refugees by the thousands, wearing masks, live in cardboard shelters, sleeping on the floors of public buildings, with few possessions and little to no privacy, as Hayes saw first-hand and was documented by CBS. "People have gone to a lot of trouble to make cardboard box into their home." Many Japanese people fear their country will never fully recover. "Do you think you'll ever be able to take food, water and air you breathe for granted again?" Hayes asked Chia Maxamoto. "Ah, knowingly? I don't think so." Dr. Kaku asserted about the Japanese people, "These are guinea pigs, absolute human guinea pigs."

Children over 32 miles from Fukushima ground zero are already suffering fatigue, diarrhea, and nosebleeds, the three most common of eight radiation sickness signs, the three in the earliest stage of the disease.Five hundred Fukushima children already have radiation in their thyroids.

On Chernobyl:

Chernobyl plant and people still crippled and crippling Hayes of CBS went to Chernobyl to document the scene there that is still "incredibly radioactive." "We entered a hospital where the first fire fighters to attend the exploding nuclear plant were taken. Their uniforms are still in the basement, and still highly radioactive.

"Children born years after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster still develop cancer from it, as documented by CBS when Hayes was at Kievis Radiation Hospital built specifically for Chernobyl victims, some of whom Hayes interviewed.
These children are "battling cancer and other illnesses believed to be caused by the contamination," she said.

With the Chernobyl power plant in the background, Hayes said there "now a mere band aid over a molten core that is still hot and some still fear is still melting."

A new sarcophagus has to built because the original one is breaking down.

www.examiner.com...

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Children over 32 miles from Fukushima ground zero are already suffering fatigue, diarrhea, and nosebleeds, the three most common of eight radiation sickness signs, the three in the earliest stage of the disease.Five hundred Fukushima children already have radiation in their thyroids.

On Chernobyl:
"Children born years after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster still develop cancer from it, as documented by CBS when Hayes was at Kievis Radiation Hospital built specifically for Chernobyl victims, some of whom Hayes interviewed.
These children are "battling cancer and other illnesses believed to be caused by the contamination," she said.

The horror never ends.

It is incredible, they dont do more to stop this disaster.

Shame on the media and the worlds governments for showing so little interest.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Why would they show any interest. The 6,000 that actually rule this planet has planned for years to kill us all. So why would they care people are dying. I have heard MSM anchors openly say that they are part of the elite. Shows how stupid they are. None of them are or will ever be part of the 6,000 no matter how hard they try and they will be the first ones to go. Being paid prostitutes for the NWO will say or not say anything just keep the money rolling in. After all this is for their own personal good. Do you remember we were told radiation is good for us by one of their harlots just a few months ago.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Thanks for sharing. To have the mainstream media start to admit things are this bad, probably means things are way worse.

Funny thing is that I was eating some Pacific Salmon right before I read this thread, and thought to myself about the possible radiation from the ocean. Then I thought, who am I kidding? If it's in the water, it's everywhere else too. Might as well enjoy my life. I know it's a bleak outlook, but there is not much I can do about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why aren't we evacuating Japanese for other parts of the world?

Why aren't we burying Chernobyl and Fukushima?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
nice find OP! That video is scary. I love Michio Kaku. He has a way of making the most complex ideas understandable for everyone.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir

On Chernobyl:

The horror never ends.

It is incredible, they dont do more to stop this disaster.

Shame on the media and the worlds governments for showing so little interest.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

... wow...um.. this is scary, children

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's horrifying. The world goes on in ignorant bliss, though. The public's already hungry for the next disaster, the next game score, the next promotion, the new house. It's all entertainment to so many.

I've said it before, but trying to take the nuclear age was opening Pandora's proverbial box. Feeding the industrial machine is more important to man though, so we've made our bed!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Great vid but when was it recorded ? The presenter talks of the tsunami being " all theses weeks later" not months which is of course how long its really been.
edit on 21-8-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by tinker9917

Then I thought, who am I kidding? If it's in the water, it's everywhere else too. Might as well enjoy my life. I know it's a bleak outlook, but there is not much I can do about it.

Pretty much the way I am looking at it now...Not much I can do about it.

I try to keep the subject alive with friends and family but they all tell me I worry about it too much.

People ignore the subject and never ask questions and they will be the ones who will be the most shocked and horrified once they actually see the effects of Fukushima.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I haven't had seafood since the incident except for once about 3 weeks ago. Went to a cajun boil and absolutely had to have some crab. The whole time I was eating I was wondering where it came from...

I do not even buy fishsticks for the kids anymore,

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Amazing how this is treated in the mainstream. Don't these folks have children of their own? Don't they care about the potential devastation this could bring to all of us?

Meanwhile radioactive material is still leaking from the plant nearly five months later, and last week workers at the plant discovered the hottest radioactive spot seen since the disaster began, a company spokesman said on Tuesday, July 28, 2011. The ultra-high levels of radiation were measured on the grounds of the facility, between reactors No. 1 and 2. The lethal radiation was found at the bottom of a ventilation tower. The power company immediately cordoned off the area and is currently investigating the cause of the high radiation and how it will affect the recovery work at the plant, Tsunoda said. The radiation levels -- 10,000 millisieverts per hour -- are high enough that a single 60-minute dose would be fatal to humans within weeks. (emphasis from original article)

Fukushima update: Radiation danger continues

This is one seriously major issue that no one can sweep underneath the rug. How this will unfold over time will not be pretty.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I was aired August 16th, last Tuesday, in Australia. Surely was filmed very recently.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Host: “Workers at Japan’s Fukushima plant say the ground underneath the facility is cracking and radioactive steam is escaping through the cracks” [...]

Dr. Robert Jacobs, Hiroshima Peace Institute: “It’s a very serious and alarming development because this started to happen specifically after two large earthquakes in the last few weeks, there was a 6.4 on the 31 of July 31 and a 6.0 on August 12″ [...]

“It’s an indication that radioactive material is moving under the ground” [...]

“When you have a fragile structure that’s already suffered a great deal of damage and when you have continual aftershocks at the level of six-point, or there’s been some even higher, what we have now is we have the radioactive core that has melted down into the basement, into the bottom of the containment vessel of these reactors, and if the radiation level is going down, where it’s been monitored inside the buildings, and if the water pressure is going down, and the temperature is going down, it’s not that the radiation is just suddenly going away, it means that the radioactive material, the melted core, is simply moving further away from where it’s been measured. And it may have — as a result of these aftershocks — be moving down out of the building itself.”

Cracked Fukushima: Radioactive steam escapes danger zone

Japanese doctors warn of public health problems caused by Fukushima radiation.

"Millions of people need to be evacuated from those high radiation zones, especially the children." "Radiation has a high risk to embryos in pregnant women, juveniles, and highly proliferative cells of people of growing ages. Even for adults, highly proliferative cells, such as hairs, blood, and intestinal epithelium cells, are sensitive to radiation."

Dr Yanagisawa is concerned about what she calls "late onset disorders" from radiation exposure resulting from the Fukushima disaster, as well as increasing cases of infertility and miscarriages.

"Incidence of cancer will undoubtedly increase," she said. "In the case of children, thyroid cancer and leukemia can start to appear after several years. In the case of adults, the incidence of various types of cancer will increase over the course of several decades."

english.aljazeera.net...

Aug 20, 2011 radiation check with SOEKS and the DP802i geiger counters on the outskirts of Tokyo

www.youtube.com...

!!!ALERT!!! 178 X Background Radiation in Saint Louis Rain

STAY OUT OF THE RAIN! This data may be indicative of a RECENT SIGNIFICANT radiological event in Fukushima. The reading was taken at approximately 10:20am on 8/20/11 in Saint Louis Missouri from a vehicle that had driven approximately 4 miles through the trailing edges of a thunderstorm.

The sample returned a reading of 1.786 mR/hr, which equates to ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY EIGHT times greater than normal background radiation. This reading is almost 3 times greater than are previous high reading of 62x background radiation."

Fukushima Radioactive Rain falls in Toronto,Canada at DANGEROUS levels (20 000 CPM) Aug 14 2011

CRMT- connectingdots1 finds Dangerous Radioactive rain in Lake Louise, AB (1.68 mcSv/hr)

Radioactive WATER dispersion from Fukushima Japan = plotted on Google earth

Why I Am Leaving Vancouver British Columbia Canada - Thanks, Fukushima Japan

edit on 21-8-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

My clothes dryer is broken and I have to hang my laundry outside to dry. At the first sign of a sprinkle from the sky I run to get my clothes even if they are still wet. I'm afraid of increased radiation from the rain.

I'm afraid kids shouldn't even be splashing in the puddles after a good rain.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

$$$$$, it's way too expensive to do that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Dalke07

My clothes dryer is broken and I have to hang my laundry outside to dry. At the first sign of a sprinkle from the sky I run to get my clothes even if they are still wet. I'm afraid of increased radiation from the rain.

I'm afraid kids shouldn't even be splashing in the puddles after a good rain.

Think about all the people still drinking milk!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Did my thread get removed from the topics lists? I don't see it anywhere...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Thanks for those videos. Scary stuff, I just can't believe all this is going on.

My thread mysteriously "disappeared" from the topics list.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

My thread mysteriously "disappeared" from the topics list.

It happens from time to time. Your post will make the New Topics but never show up on the Fire-Hose. Just a pain-in-the-#ss glitch.

Fortunately for this thread, the Flag count is already so high that it will cause it to show up in the New Picks : Newest Flags category very soon (6 hour mark I believe). You'll get some damn fine replying then.

Hang in there. It's a fine and truly worthy thread and thanks again for posting it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join