It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Contact?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Although first contact was decades ago, it's still interesting.
Perhaps he's communicating with the "Black Knight."
Ask him what frequency he's talking on in SSB.
No frequency, then it didn't happen

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

It is you who are getting garbled now. The radio operator has no relation that I know of to my friend's contact at the DoD. I never said he did. I never said the language had been deciphered either. Nor did I say I had received more information from my friend. I said the radio operator and the contact had worked out some means of communicating at what amounts to a third grade level. I said I had received some corroborating information from this thread and had relayed it to my friend. I said I haven't heard back from my friend at this point.

I know this is a speculative thread. It is a RFI thread. The thread title has a question mark in it. (Duh!) That's what the Gray Area is for. That's why I didn't post it in Aliens and UFOs. I don't have proof. I have a claim of alien contact I am investigating made by a friend who wouldn't say these things to me lightly. I don't care if you wouldn't believe it and wouldn't post here if a friend of yours had told you these things.

I don't care if you are impressed or not swayed by how long I have been a member of this site. All that should tell you is I don't knowingly post false information or try to hoax other members or the site. If I did I would have been banned a long time ago.

I am not being hostile toward you. I am expressing frustration with you because I consider you a waste of time and characters. You have nothing of relevant substance to add to this thread. Go ahead and play devil's advocate here. I don't care. Just try to get the statements you have doubts about straight and in context before you comment on them or I won't even bother replying to you anymore.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Do they train intel linguistics soldiers alien languages now?

that's crazy..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

It is you who are getting garbled now. The radio operator has no relation that I know of to my friend's contact at the DoD. I never said he did. I never said the language had been deciphered either. Nor did I say I had received more information from my friend. I said the radio operator and the contact had worked out some means of communicating at what amounts to a third grade level. I said I had received some corroborating information from this thread and had relayed it to my friend. I said I haven't heard back from my friend at this point.

I know this is a speculative thread. It is a RFI thread. The thread title has a question mark in it. (Duh!) That's what the Gray Area is for. That's why I didn't post it in Aliens and UFOs. I don't have proof. I have a claim of alien contact I am investigating made by a friend who wouldn't say these things to me lightly. I don't care if you wouldn't believe it and wouldn't post here if a friend of yours had told you these things.

I don't care if you are impressed or not swayed by how long I have been a member of this site. All that should tell you is I don't knowingly post false information or try to hoax other members or the site. If I did I would have been banned a long time ago.

I am not being hostile toward you. I am expressing frustration with you because I consider you a waste of time and characters. You have nothing of relevant substance to add to this thread. Go ahead and play devil's advocate here. I don't care. Just try to get the statements you have doubts about straight and in context before you comment on them or I won't even bother replying to you anymore.

I too am not being hostile...im asking questions that need to be answered, in the process im getting a little frustrated but thats all

If the language hadnt been deciphered/translated how do they know what was said? And why post: the sender is saying it is an alien lifeform hiding out in the ionosphere!

No you said: I am seeking corroborating information and in fact have received some. No mention of where it was from...so i assumed you meant your friend, given that there is no additional information in this thread that would add any weight to his claims

You consider me a waste of time and characters lol....im asking relevant questions, im trying to get to the bottom of this.

My last post was to get the right information
You have cleared up a couple of things.
But have back peddled somewhat.

Nevermind....ive wasted far too much of my time on this thread, im only paid for 2 hours then its my own free time im wasting LOL

I will return in the future to see what came of this......or maybe il read it in a science magazine/newspaper first lol

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Posting isn't the only way to respond to a thread, Einstein. Think about it. How would somebody relay information to me that they didn't want to share with others via a post?

Did you read the stuff at the link to thechaniproject.com on page 3 before it was blocked? I guess not. There was a lot of good stuff there. The quote pasted on the relevant post mentions radio operators listening to elenin. That's related.

I'm not going to hold your hand and walk you through every little thing here. Develop some discernment of your own.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
So in summary, an ET in some type of spacecraft is hiding in the ionosphere (from us? From other aliens?) and trying to make contact with us in his own language on a ham radio band. Sorry, but that's just ticking all the wrong boxes. If an alien is hiding, there would be nothing that would give his position away quicker than broadcasting on a primitive radio band.

The only scenario I can imagine this being (other than the obvious hoax/mistake/humor) is that the ET is on the lam from some other ETs and is looking for asylum. Too scared to land first (and respectful!), ET attempts to contact us before the Bad Guys/Law/Mafiosi show up.

If he wants to contact us, it goes without saying he wouldn't be broadcaasting in his own language and if he's bothered to travel here, surely he either has some understanding of our language or has an electronic translater.

Really? If it were an intentional well-funded expedition, perhaps.

Lastly, what ham radio operator that made communication with an alien lifeform would turn that over to the DoD? Does ANY ham radio operator trust the DoD? I doubt it. Calling hoax on this one.

Who says the radio operator is an amateur, and not working for DoD?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Posting isn't the only way to respond to a thread, Einstein. Think about it. How would somebody relay information to me that they didn't want to share with others via a post?

Did you read the stuff at the link to thechaniproject.com on page 3 before it was blocked? I guess not. There was a lot of good stuff there. The quote pasted on the relevant post mentions radio operators listening to elenin. That's related.

I'm not going to hold your hand and walk you through every little thing here. Develop some discernment of your own.

Indeed you guess correctly.....how could i see it if it were blocked?? lol
I looked at the site and its another Forum....i couldnt find anything about aliens creeping about in spaceships chatting on radios in the ionosphere though.

I dont need my hand held thanks...im quite capable of looking after myself and thinking for myself...but thanks for your concern

So someone mailed you some information that adds substance to these claims?
One minute you have it, another minute you dont. One minute they translated/deciphered the message....next minute they didnt.
I wish you would make up your mind.

I know we will end up going round and round in circles as we have done already. ^^^

Im not going to bother adding anything else as im waiting for your proof....which has been lacking since you started the thread. Il pop back in a while...could be tomorrow or a week and see where this has gone...il quite happily rescind my statements and apologize if you can prove that what your friend is saying is actually true.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'm wondering what kind of structure is up in the ionosphere for an alien craft to hide behind. Maybe it simply just turned off its headlights, but I never understood why an alien spacecraft would need headlights, but maybe that's just me.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You are so confined to your own little world. I said did you see it before it was blocked. When the link was originally posted it led to an interesting interview that had some bearing on what I am researching here.

cor·rob·o·rate (k-r b-r t) tr.v. cor·rob·o·rat·ed, cor·rob·o·rat·ing, cor·rob·o·rates. To strengthen or support with other evidence; make more certain.

You still don't get it. I am not presenting proof in this thread. I am seeking it. It shows how pedantic and lost you are that you keep demanding it from me.

You are the one going around in circles here. You misinterpret, misrepresent, and mistake what I am saying as you demand something that isn't being offered. You claim we're making progress, then you claim we're sliding back. You are making yourself look foolish.

edit on 22-8-2011 by Icarus Rising because: clarity

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
icarus why not try to pump more info from your friend?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by raivo

I am still waiting to hear back from my friend. I hope we get to talk more at length about what was said by the DoD source. Its only been two days since I first heard about this. I know that's an eternity in internet time.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

reply to post by raivo

I know that's an eternity in internet time.

it's an eternity in any time when the news are something like this, perhaps the biggest thing in humans history...if my friend said something like that (with a similar backround) i would be all over him pestering information and all the details regardless if he liked it or not...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by raivo

I hear you. I am pushing as hard as I can for more info. I don't want to get shut out because I am being bothersome. I realize I have brought just the barest bit to go on here and this topic is huge. Hopefully I will hear back by the end of the day today.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I heard back from my friend. No further details on our initial conversation. The word is Edwards AFB is now in blackout, not sure why yet. Looks like text comms are being monitored and modified via key word flag and tag. Trying to be cryptic and still exchange info. We'll see how it goes.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Thanks for posting Icarus, don't let the derailers steer you off course. Just ignore them. Black out at the base is interesting too. Coincidence? I think not!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is incredibly exciting! i do hope we get some evidence.
I wish you would cunduct an interview with your friend, and post it here.
If he want's to be anonomous, it'll be alright if you transcript.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What I was told is a radio guy operating a single-sideband that was specially modified picked up some garbled transmissions in an unidentifiable language, isolated the signal, and started trying to communicate with the sender. ...

That's pretty interesting. I wonder how the radio guy "specially modified" his equipment andmanaged to pick up signals from extraterrestrials . . . Would you be able to find out and tell us?
Hell, if i were him i'd flood the signals with my location in desperate hopes that maybe one day, ETs will come to me, tie me up, and beam me to their planet with antigravity electromagnetic futuristic cars that fly and happily cohabitate with them, life in this planet gets somewhat repetitive. . . anyways, i'm getting off topic so ill stop here

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

If they want to hide, I'm pretty sure they could just make their lights blink in a plane-like fashion and cruise along. :-) It's kinda funny, whenever I see something kind of odd in the sky, I wait to look for the plane-ish blinks. They could prob. hide for 100 years with this method, heh. Not talking about this specific ionosphere jazz, just making a general comment.
edit on 8/22/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Little does he know my primary source is ATS

As you yourself are a bit of a conspiracy enthusiast I am surprised the notion has not crossed your mind that your ex- seal friend perhaps still works for the DOD and is now an agent for public disinformation. It is more plausible that your friend is well aware of your ATS connections and fed you information to float to the "fringe" element for whatever reason. Perhaps to gage the reaction, or to measure it's trajectory etc. Could be any number of reasons all of which make more sense than an unexplained out of the blue call covering a topic the reporter was not or never had been likely to engage anyone with previously.
Interesting indeed but less for the information he passed on but the "why".

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

I actually had considered that and was waiting to see how things pan out before coming to a conclusion on it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join