It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1Anunnaki; The movie that disappeared

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but found it while surfing ....

marazzo.deviantart.com...

Bottom says Summer 2012....could be good timing ?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Strange. There have been many films released that were based on things the government covers up. Why is this film being treated differently? I would guess by the money and time, this film has got to be someones baby. Why wouldn't he answer a facebook question about the project? The American government (and I'm sure many others) is #ED UP!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

It makes sense that this movie would fail and drop off the radar. Your conspiracy on the other hand doesn't hold water.

First of all, old links disappear, especially teasers, previews, and reviews. I can't tell you how many times wikipedia links turn up dead. This was a low budget movie with a niche ATS type demographic group. This movie also would have required an ambitious scope and image, being a sci-fi, to separate it from a B movie. The gulf between Hollywood SFX and that of a B or Indie movie grows with every year, to the extent where a movie five years old looks dated and the CGI from Babylon 5 looks about as good as my screen saver. Therefor, this guy would need a ton of money, make models himself (still not cheap), or settle for an indie drama movie with annunaki as a incorporeal theme (this happened to a number of Cthulhu Mythos indie films that nobody has seen either). This movie was simply to ambitious to work.

Here's why your conspiracy theory makes no sense: Why would the powers that be censor a mainstream concept? Sitchen's idea's while certainly subculture and counter to Darwinism and traditional Theism, has a pretty big following. Why would a fictional, non-documentary movie based off of the concept of Sitchen's (erroneous: www.sitchiniswrong.com...) theories of the Annunaki be banned when the History Channel spews this stuff out on Ancient Aliens as though it's intellectually honest? If TPTB felt threatened by the cult of Sitchen, why would they censor the movie whose purpose is entertainment (less likely to be taken seriously) and leave the program pushing it as possible fact (more likely to be taken seriously) alone? The Ancient Aliens Hypothesis is not an underground or supressed thing if it's a major current on ATS. Let's face it: ATS is not underground if it is mentioned on mainstream news and subtly blamed for the actions of schizophrenic shooters. That puts ATS at the same level as Marilyn Manson during the Columbine shootings; not exactly mainstream, but mainstream for the counter culture. I posit that faux underground conspiracies like the Ancient Alien Hypothesis are orchestrated by TPTB as misinformation for the conspiracy minded, who after readily denying the ignorance of the sheeple, find themselves in a relativistic never-never land and latch onto the first "hidden truth" (gnosis) they come by. I'm sure TPTB are only to happy to oblige.

edit on 21-8-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I was following this film back "in the day" as well and the last thing I heard before the disappearance of the film was that Jon Gress lost a very good friend who I think was the films AD or SFX chief to a motorcycle accident. He also was about to have a child at the time as well. I cant verify this anymore. I remember reading this from an old Yahoo Groups discussion board regarding the flick.

I think these events were a primary factor in Jon Gress kind of vanishing from the movie scene at the time. Although Gress was very amped about the movie, my impression from the Yahoo postings was that the death of his friend was pretty devastating to him and a large portion of the crew...

Once again this is just what I recollect from memory, you know how that goes...

ETS: actually found out that the YaHoo Groups newsgroup is still up and running with recent posts even! The posts start in 2003, the first one by Jon Gress (jagfx2002) and was posted in as recently as 8/17/11.

You have to be a member to view the messages in the group, just join using your Google accnt or Facebook and browse away...

LINKY

Jons Myspace Page
edit on 21-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Movies get made all the time that never find any distribution and when that happens, they basically never see the light of day. If nobody with the funds and connections to get a movie out either into theaters, or to put it out straight to video likes a movie enough to get behind it, then it's basically dead. Assuming that's what happened with this movie, it's not even remotely a new story.

Most producers of lower budget and independent movies try to sell their movies at the "American Film Market," which is a big convention every year in Los Angeles where distribution companies from all over the world come to see what is available to them. My guess is that these guys attended the convention, like so many others, but probably failed to generate any interest, and so the movie sits on the shelf and is effectively dead.

Do we know if the movie was even finished? That is something that often happens too, especially with indies. They might run out of money, or it might go too far overbudget, or maybe funding gets withdrawn partway through production. Maybe he got money for principle photography, but never was able to secure funding for post production. That happens a lot, too.
edit on 8/21/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc4venger
At 2:40 of the second movie, did you guys notice the long elliptical orbit of a planet in the bottom left corner
Thanks for pointing that out went back and watched it again, the planets are moving as this object makes it rounds. I would like to point out that if you make a movie that is NOT bought by a major studio and never makes it into a theater, many times these are made into DVD releases only. IMHO there's more to this story then what we know.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Interesting wrinkle for a interesting topic.

Regardless, I want that poster!

edit on 8/22/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
You have to be a member to view the messages in the group, just join using your Google accnt or Facebook and browse away...

LINKY
I tried to join yesterday, but I had some problems. Today I didn't, so I could see that someone else has joined today and asked what happened.

It looks like it's still being finished, and that they are trying to release it this year.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It seems as though it was probably just a cancelled production. From the videos you posted, it doesnt look like it was a very big budget film. Just because it never came out, doesn't mean there's a conspiracy just because of the topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
i know what happened! none of the actors could bollywood dance, so the movie got the chop

edit on 15/08/11 by tawewe because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So i got this link maybe it will help explain this. i just did a little bit of "Googling" i might have solved the problem. www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknownpatriot

Not really.

The video on that thread is from 2007, the GLP member marduk (supposedly one of the actors) says that "all principal photography is done and now the CGI is the only process to be completed", while the director said in 2006 that the movie was in post-production, and on the same post marduk says that they were "hoping by March to have the new website running with a trailer that everyone can enjoy" (this was in January).

Since then, nothing new on that thread (that I could see).

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I just want the movie to be released now so people can see how bad it is and then put to rest all the BS surrounding it. I waited a decade for Star Wars sequels and they were all crap. Now I have to wait a decade for a movie that is starting out as crap....

Movie making has gone downhill....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
this is just incredible!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hi,

Just wanted to chime in and say that a couple of months ago I "stumbled" upon this site that is still under development but has the right ingredients in the menu.
So I guess it's coming after all.

rockstarmotionpictures.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I dunno, hasnt been updated recently....I've all but given up on this movie actually being released...
It doesnt take almost 10 YEARS to release a movie, hell they did the Lord of the Rings, all THREE in less then five years....

Registrant:
Jon Gress
7557 w Sand Lake Rd
PMB 109
Orlando, Florida 32819
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. ( [link to www.godaddy.com)]
Domain Name: ROCKSTARMOTIONPICTURES.COM
Created on: 14-Sep-10
Expires on: 14-Sep-12
Last Updated on: 15-Jun-11
edit on 8/30/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
What a waste if this movie has past post production and is collecting dust on some shelf.

The least they could do is release it on DVD. I am sure that the revenue would exceed the latest Conan The Babarian.

I you had to feed all the people in the world who have heared about the Anunnaki theory and are interested to see a sci-fi of the story...you must have.....a big cooking-pot?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
But what does the '1' stand for?
Part One or what?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Very nice video's! Love it!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

I think that was the idea, and, according to a post from the director/producer in the Yahoo group, the movie will be called "Anunnaki" - The Movie, with the second part called "Anunnaki II".

The first one is supposed to be released this year, and the second will start pre-production "soon".

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join