It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1Anunnaki; The movie that disappeared

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Some of you, like me, found a fascinating website around 2005-2008, dedicated to a movie in production, called 1Anunnaki, as directed by a man named Jon Gress. Reputedly, this movie would be the first in a trilogy. The first one would deal with the Anunnaki as the creators of the human race. It even had a protagonist, Doctor Jonah Ptah, if I'm not mistaken. I myself was over-excited about the movie, because, let's face it; it looked like the sweetest movie to come EVER! And, it should be stated, that I was and still is, totally fascinated as HELL with the Anunnaki and the conspiracy theories circulating around these mysterious sumerian gods.

But, to my great disappointment, the movie never came out. More importantly, as I searched the Web for answers, more and more of the references to it, disappeared, including its utterly awesome website, 1anunnaki.com. There are still many threads on former BTS that refer to the movie, but that is about it. Also, in one of the three movie clips of great interest in regard to the movie, that I found on Youtube, an ATS member is referred to by the poster, a member called cosby. Just a side-note.

Anyway, rumors began floating around that the movie was a hoax. A fake. Something that I, for one, definitely believe it was decidedly NOT. So, what do you think? Was it suppressed by the government? The Anunnaki? Majestic 12? The Illuminati?

Who knows? But to this day, the story, the Youtube clips following, and the story of the film-to-be itself...all of it still creep the hell out of me, and intrigue the hell out of me, all at the same time...

The video clips. Enjoy, and please post your thoughts!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
i honestly never heard of the movie but after hearing you speak about it, with such passion, i'm intrigued to say the least.

thanks for bringing to my attention

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You're welcome. I love sharing stories like this with others. Makes me feel like I'm not completely crazy for believing in conspiracy theories, I guess.

As a side-note, the pictures of the birth goddessess in the first video, especially the photo of the babe's eyes....creep the living hell out of me.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
There is absolutely zero evidence that the film has been suppressed by anyone. If the financiers of the film believe it will make no money it will be cancelled. It's all down to money.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
where is Gres now?
what does he do?
has he spoken about the movie recently?
he must have a copy surely?
what about other members of the team, surely they know and do they have a copy of the movie?
has any tried to contact the other team members?
if this movie was prevented from being shown/finished then why no leak?

all questions im afraid!

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Thing is, this movie had no financers. It was an "amateur" movie made and financed by Jon Gress himself, who, according to himself, had been fascinated with the Anunnaki since he was a kid, and wanted to do the movies for a looooong time. You don't just give up on dreams like that for monetary reasons. Maybe you put the movie making on hold for a while, until you have money again, but you don't give up.

That's my opinion at least.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
where is Gres now?
what does he do?
has he spoken about the movie recently?
he must have a copy surely?
what about other members of the team, surely they know and do they have a copy of the movie?
has any tried to contact the other team members?
if this movie was prevented from being shown/finished then why no leak?

all questions im afraid!

Those are the million dollar questions, my man! I don't know where Gress is, but I believe he's still running an SFX company in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (name escapes me right now). He hasn't spoken about the movie, nor made himself heard at all, from what I can tell, since 2008, when he posted on a conspiracy theory forum saying the movie was still a go.

As for other members of the team, I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone has tried contacting them. If they or Gress have a copy of the movie (or of what parts were made), they haven't released it yet, that much is certain. That, of course, begs the question of why? If it was simply put on hold for monetary reasons, then surely they could've said something.

And if it was silenced, yeah, why was there no leak? Fear, perhaps, but who can really say?
edit on 20-8-2011 by David_Reale because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Looks like Pt 1 of the trilogy was in post production and due for release in 2006 according to a post from Jon Gress here www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
edit on 20-8-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale

Thing is, this movie had no financers

There's the explanation right there.

Still a shame it's not being made though, it is a fascinating subject (other more taboo films have been made and released in the past which is why I highly doubt this one's been suppressed by tptb)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Ah, 2006. That was the post I was referring to in my above post. I guess I got the dates messed up.

Of course, that only awakens even more questions. If it was in post-production....what happened to it?

Edit: In the second page of the link, Jon Gress makes his last contact in regard to the film. That's in 2008. He doesn't talk specifically about the movie, either, only counters an attack by a critic of sorts...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Well, that's up for debate, but movies have been made in the past without financiers. Robert Rodriguez comes to mind. It should also be noted that Jon Gress runs a very successful SFX company called Jaguar Films, and so, he should have little trouble financing the movie by himself, albeit not in the size of Hollywood productions.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Thing is, this movie had no financers

other more taboo films have been made and released in the past which is why I highly doubt this one's been suppressed by tptb

It depends on how close to the truth the movie was.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Well, that's up for debate, but movies have been made in the past without financiers. Robert Rodriguez comes to mind. It should also be noted that Jon Gress runs a very successful SFX company called Jaguar Films, and so, he should have little trouble financing the movie by himself, albeit not in the size of Hollywood productions.

Jon Gress is with the DAVE school in Florida. A special effects school that puts out amateurish clips on YouTube:

The Annunaki1 movie was probably promoted for two reasons:

1. To see if they could round up investors to finance a project that wouldn't have ever been completed or been successful.

2. To market and promote this software...

Animator HD

Jon Gress' profile in the DAVE School is here.

And while they say this about him:

Writer/Producer/Director and Visual Effects Supervisor Jon Gress is one of the new breed of cutting edge independent filmmakers that can write, shoot, direct, edit and produce Hollywood sized digital & visual special effects, all using solid film making experience and the latest in software and PC technologies.

They don't even list his credits in any of the supposed films he made with his multi-talents. In fact, all they say is:

Jon has served on numerous state film coalitions, been a keynote speaker and private consultant to many colleges and private schools, created productions for many multinational and Fortune 500 clients.

Which means he has no experience in putting together an actual film. Look up a real director and you will see that they will lost movie credits, not nameless "Fortune 500 clients"

A video of Jon talking about the movie can be found here.

edit on 20-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

As you say yourself, he's got no experience in making a film. It says "productions", which might just as well be commercials or CG teasers or anything in-between. I even believe he stated on the 1Anunnaki website when it was still around that it WAS his first movie to be made, though I can't swear on it.

And as for your theory about the movie never being intended to be finished, it's a possibility, I won't deny that. But I also don't believe it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

David, look at it like this, out of the following two scenarios which is most likely by about a mile?

Scenario 1: The film maker ran into a ton or problems due to finance/actors acting up/lack of interest from the public after markte research e.c.t. This happens all the time with film makers and is well documented.

Or

Scenario 2: The film was suppressed because these supernatural beings are/were real and the mysterious 'powers that be' have come down upon the film maker. Even if the film was telling the truth does anyone really believe the public would believe it was real? No, so really there would be no point to suppressing something that would not be believed anyway.

What are the probabilities of each scenario above? I never say something is impossible though, I just look at the probabilities.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
At 2:40 of the second movie, did you guys notice the long elliptical orbit of a planet in the bottom left corner

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can't see any reason for the movie being suppressed. It's based on information that's already in wide circulation and available to everyone. Why would a low budget movie, which would reach an even smaller number of people than the books it's based on, get swept under the carpet.. Can't see anything suspect about it.

Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Which means he has no experience in putting together an actual film. Look up a real director and you will see...

Most "real" directors are know-nothing morons. They survive as vampires in a world of casting couches and human vileness. Watch "The Player" to see how vapid and controlled Hollywodd is.

This dude is no different than tons of filmmakers who make the trailer or the effects and then get the money. James Cameron for example, made a "special effects" film to use it to get money from a consortium of dentists who needed to invest their 50k. That film did nothing but he used it to leverage against the controlled hell of Hollywodd. Cameron (as an example of a Hollywodd outsider) had to fight tooth and nail to make some of the best movies ever made. Hollywodd idiots fought him all the way through all his great films. If you want a real chuckle, look up his open letters to the film unions, he shreds them.

So it's a controlled system, all their scripts are pre-chosen or sidelined based on their current internal agenda and whether of not you are "in". Notice that James Cameron's films have destroyed all other directors yet they still won't really acknowledge him. It's a closed loop and skill has no bearing on whether they accept you or not. Most likely they will just ignore you, envy you, and try to steal your franchise and wreck it, like they did with the Terminator films.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

I found a web archive of the official website before it got shut down!
Judging by the professional look and content in the website, this movie was hardly a hoax. IMO it got shut down for unknown reasons. Probably by the government, who knows...

web.archive.org...
edit on 20-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

edit on 20-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm facebook friends with Gres and the one time I asked about this movie he did not respond. Weird.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join