It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is one that is more simple;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
To explain at least; you have apipe that has no bottom other than an inside ridge that is the perfect fit for a pin bottom part and this pin is light and hollow at it's bottom half and fits perfectly inside the pipe having a just slightly greater in diametre top part and this I am explaining to you because that if yo keep filling the space betwwwween these two; the pin will rise if the upper part is of the same density as the liquide put in and the pin being sealed at the bottom of the pipe will allow rising of this pine withought needing much liquide as apossed to if this pin was just in a pipe with a bottom and if you wanted to fill with liquide to rise the pin ; you would then need more liquide as you are now occupying the space under that pin with your liquide and you would then not have perpetual motion for being the need to elevate that liquide to repeat the proccess as opposed to this other where the need of liquide relyes on for volume to be at terms with how your two peices are accurately machined and the gap between them. If someone has a problem understanding this; I am on the wrong site. And about to give up.This is but not an idea but more an elaberation in effort among many others of different sorts to open your minds to the real physics that exist.
edit on 20-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

I have a problem understanding what is going on here. I apologize to be the straw that broke the camels back.

CJ

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Might help if you install google sketchup and design what you are trying to express.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Excuse me.. But I'm at a lost as to what it is that your talking about.. This is a simpler one compared to what please?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You are correct. You are on the wrong site....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichelJCardin
To explain at least; you have apipe that has no bottom other than an inside ridge that is the perfect fit for a pin bottom part and this pin is light and hollow at it's bottom half and fits perfectly inside the pipe having a just slightly greater in diametre top part and this I am explaining to you because that if yo keep filling the space betwwwween these two; the pin will rise if the upper part is of the same density as the liquide put in and the pin being sealed at the bottom of the pipe will allow rising of this pine withought needing much liquide as apossed to if this pin was just in a pipe with a bottom and if you wanted to fill with liquide to rise the pin ; you would then need more liquide as you are now occupying the space under that pin with your liquide and you would then not have perpetual motion for being the need to elevate that liquide to repeat the proccess as opposed to this other where the need of liquide relyes on for volume to be at terms with how your two peices are accurately machined and the gap between them. If someone has a problem understanding this; I am on the wrong site. And about to give up.

I actually do understand what you are describing...after a few read throughs. What I am not quite getting is what scale you are talking about this being and what the practical use would be? I can't see how it would accomplish much more than possibly proving an abstract concept, and then in a very tenuous way.

Either way, I'd say you should make what you are talking about but film it, date it and Youtube it. That way someone else who understands your idea and CAN think of a practical use, doesn't come along and steal it, leaving you with no way to show you thought it up first.

Don't let anyone get you down and go with it if your idea sounds good to you. I'll just bet this looked pretty stupid on the back of a cocktail napkin...until someone scaled it up to a near unthinkable size:

Unusual idea
edit on 20-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The biggest problem we have understanding these posts is your wall of non-punctuated typos. Please consider that people have to read these to understand them.

Once again, I will attempt to make some sense of this...

Originally posted by MichelJCardin
To explain at least:

You have a pipe that has no bottom aside from an inside ridge that is the perfect fit for a pinhead. This pin is light and hollow at it's bottom half and fits perfectly inside the pipe, having a just slightly greater in diameter head.

I am explaining this to you because, if you keep filling the space between these two, the pin will rise if the upper part is of the same density as the liquid put in.

The pin being sealed at the bottom of the pipe will allow rising of this pin without needing much liquid as opposed to if this pin was just in a pipe with a bottom and if you wanted to fill with liquid to raise the pin.

You would then need more liquid as you are now occupying the space under that pin with your liquid, and you would then not have perpetual motion for being the need to elevate that liquid to repeat the process.

As opposed to where the need of liquid relies on volume to be at terms with how your two pieces are accurately machined and the gap between them.

If someone has a problem understanding this; I am on the wrong site. And about to give up.

Okay...question time:

If the "ridge" at the bottom of the pipe is the same diameter as the pinhead (top part, as you say) and the pin begins to rise with the addition of liquid, wouldn't the liquid then escape from the ridged opening?

Then the pin would fall back to seal the bottom of the pipe and never rise past the poit where the liquid begins to escape.

If I'm not translating your question correctly...please try to explain in a way that is possible to read without doing your corrections for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
No; the pin extends down keeping the seal and but it is light hollow from this point down to have no weight.What happens here is that the force of gravity will explurge up and sink down the elements according to their density and therefore not being able to have any forcful surface to act apon as the hole and bottom part of the pipe are perfect fit ; there is then no surface to eexert force apon but elsewhere the iron just bellow the weight of the liquide rises and if the less space to fill; the more economic.
edit on 20-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

edit on 20-8-2011 by jonco6 because: remove i must have been way off

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Might help if you install google sketchup and design what you are trying to express.

Simple easy to use, will take less than 10 minutes to learn how to use it, you can show us with a 3D model what you mean. Post images of your model, or even better post the entire model to 3D Warehouse.
Sketchup 8

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

I installed it and will learn to operate it; might take a while. Thanks

new topics

top topics

join