It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen the flashing star ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I haven't seen anything in the night sky because it's been cloudy all the time in the mornings and evenings, but I sure will be seeing that movie. That's looks interesting.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have seen something ... maybe similar to the East of my Home.

I live in Mississippi and just below the tree line when i use to stay up most of the night , you could see this super weird Star. Not to big , sort of small.

I do not remember seeing it in th past when i use to look up at night , however there it is without fault for the first half the summer.

it would Flash ... Red , Green , Blue , no other star i saw would do that sorta perplexed me , never noticed it before , however its probably just something going on with the star .... or was going on with the Star that happened some time ago and we are just now seeing the light from it?
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hmm the one I've noticed & caught the attention of a load of strangers next to me was high in the sky around 11 pm, not one the horizon. Wasn't in Orion though. Have to check again tonight since it seems like it's going to be pretty clear tonight.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I live in Northern CA. Lived here for three years. The first summer I spent here I was amazed how many stars I can see. This star??? has shown up every year in mid summer. It shows up north east. I first saw it this year about 4 nights ago. It lools like police siren lights, flashes like a colorful disco ball. Last time I googled it someone mentioned it was Serius but I am not sure. All I know is it's beautiful. I look at it through my binoculars. I have noticed it to be moving faster across the sky than the other stars.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by controldiction

This star that you are seeing must be Capella. As I said earlier in this thread, it really caught my attention as it was flashing the colours that you mentioned. This is because it is close to the horizon early in the night in the north eastern skies. As the night goes on, it moves higher in the sky and slightly more to the east.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Please read only the 1st page of this thread and you'll know. It's a thread I made with screen shots and videos about this subject. The videos got taken off that youtube account, but here is another link to one of them. The first page needs to only be read for explanation with proof.

www.youtube.com... at about 25 seconds I zoom out, and switch to 480 - Fullscreen
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-9-2011 by YouCanCallMeKM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i live in Chicago i see a bright light in the sky, ive been seeing for couple months now. No ufo, just a star right?
edit on 1-9-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
OP I too am from Illinois and I have seen it many times. Most of the times when I am staying with my employer, who lives out in the middle of the country, the site is a real beauty. I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary though but what do I know

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I noticed it last week on a clear night and had simply assumed it was always like that and I had poor observational skills. I opened up Google Sky on my droid and the closest thing shown was the M67 Star Cluster , what I saw wasn't a cluster though... seemed like a really big multi colored star... it looked different enough from the rest of the sky to draw my attention and try to figure out what it was.
edit on 29-9-2011 by EyesWideShut because: .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I noticed a multicoloured twinkling bright star in the sky last night (Amsterdam Netherlands) normally it is cloudy most evenings ..I took a look at it through my binoculars and thought it must be a plane as it was flashing different colours except this plane was not moving .....

great stuff... I just saw the video someone took of multicoloured Sirius .....it looks just like the twinkling many coloured star I saw in the night sky about 10pm.
I am going to check it out again this evening weather permitting

thanks for posting the vid Phage

edit on 29-9-2011 by xsheep because: fix grammer

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Get a smart phone and downloand google sky...mystery over

/thread

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah I was staring at it earlier tonight, flashing those colours high in the sky.

Pretty cool to watch a plane fly right past it and watch the aircraft (a passenger jet no less having taken off from the airport right by me) look tiny in comparison.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
it just popped in my mind, could it be betelgeuse going supernova? then again, we'd get to know it already plus it'd be only visible during winter as i'm in the northern hemisphere.

quoting my earlier post; i've seen it so around 3.30 am this morn and it was high in the south eastern sky, which opts out sirius as people claim it to be low on the horizon. i've been observing this object throughout the summer. as for the scintillation, i don't think its relevant since none of the other stars scintillate and flicker in multicolor as it would be the case if the atmosphere was involved. betelgeuse may well have gone supernova or there may be another supernova going on, and if that's the case, we might be witnessing some true history right now.

here's a snippet of an opinion on the idea of supernova, posted on an astronomy forum back in 2009;

It's very interesting surely. I have no idea what it is. Maybe planet X/Nibiru? If so, then that means planet x is not a planet; it would be a binary star. It's definetly not a UFO or an airplane, (I'm a pilot...I should know). One source on the internet describes the possibility of it being a Supernova. That hypoothesis is very plausible as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I see a lot of people talking about these things...there are forums everywhere..but noone seems to be getting the most important point across. These Vehichles move in tandem with the night sky..just as the moon does, but these craft are inside of our atmosphere, Inside. What is shocking to me about all of the posts..Not one have posited that they could be man Made, But one things for sure, they are hovering to the tune of our rotation. I have a few photos, and one in particular seems to show the shape and structure, anyone who has access to better software than I can muster, and is interested can have a copy. I also have some video.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
S-C-I-N-T-I-L-L-A-T-I-N-G STAR

It's due to the weather, and the low angle of a bright star at this time of year.

Here is an image I took of one.

YES, this streak was made by a stationary star, twinkling in the sky. The camera was panned, that's why it looks like a streak.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join