It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tripoli facing three-sided advance by Libyan rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
While we are all carrying on about Ron Paul and such, it seems there is some progress being made over seas.

Muammar Gaddafi's 41-year grip on power in Libya looked more precarious than ever on Friday night, as rebel forces advanced on the capital from three directions after breaking out of the once-besieged town of Misrata.
With rebels taking control of the coastal town of Zlitan in the east, those in the west claimed to have made progress clearing out the last pro-Gaddafi troops from Zawiyah, 30 miles west of Tripoli. They now have the main coastal road under pressure on both sides of the capital and also under threat from the Nafusa mountains.
Gaddafi's army outside Tripoli is trapped in a series of besieged and shrinking enclaves, with rebels controlling more than two thirds of the country. And as the stranglehold on the capital tightens, plans are being made to evacuate the last remaining foreign workers by sea.

Full Article HERE

If Gaddafi does fall soon, just what kind of impact can we expect from over there as far as power changes? Who will get the most benefit from this besides the people in the bigger picture? I was actually surprised to see the rebels have gotten this far as it seems like not to long ago they were pretty much beaten back.

What stakes does the US have in this?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
prediction- rebels scattered as they get to close, as has happened over and over and over and over. hes not attacking, this should be obvious by now. its a defensive war, so in the end, even if he loses, his people still see he was defending himself the entire time. i dont agree with taking him out, but its a truth nonetheless. they are trying to besiege him again because everytim they attack directly they are destroyed and scattered, like he has been waiting for this type of warfare for decades. i dont agree with his ideas, but admit he has the tactics of a militiary genius.
hes on the defensive, not giving a target for nato bombings, but not just laying down either. i think we still have a ways to go before hes taken out

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
the un says bomb, we say how much? maybe if we are a good lil country and dont stop the global steamroller we will be the last economy to fall. the mercenary in the end of the movie that has served its purpose, if you will
edit on 19-8-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
These claims have been made just recently here in another post.I predicted otherwise.It was validated not long after.Read my reasoning, later followed up with a video link of what is not shown in the MSN. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
While we are all carrying on about Ron Paul and such, it seems there is some progress being made over seas.

Muammar Gaddafi's 41-year grip on power in Libya looked more precarious than ever on Friday night, as rebel forces advanced on the capital from three directions after breaking out of the once-besieged town of Misrata.
With rebels taking control of the coastal town of Zlitan in the east, those in the west claimed to have made progress clearing out the last pro-Gaddafi troops from Zawiyah, 30 miles west of Tripoli. They now have the main coastal road under pressure on both sides of the capital and also under threat from the Nafusa mountains.
Gaddafi's army outside Tripoli is trapped in a series of besieged and shrinking enclaves, with rebels controlling more than two thirds of the country. And as the stranglehold on the capital tightens, plans are being made to evacuate the last remaining foreign workers by sea.

Full Article HERE

If Gaddafi does fall soon, just what kind of impact can we expect from over there as far as power changes? Who will get the most benefit from this besides the people in the bigger picture? I was actually surprised to see the rebels have gotten this far as it seems like not to long ago they were pretty much beaten back.

It depends if Gadaffi burns oil or not,by his "failing"...if he does US got nothing...and rebel will be left alone there in civil war,if doesnt than US will get all oil from there and leave rebels in civil war...
U say u surprized they came fo far??? lmao if NATO bombers make way for u,u can get into Bejing if u want to

if i were u i wouldt believe to media much...after all they say only lies,and half truth only in weather program

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This needs to be moved to the WW3 forum

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
This needs to be moved to the WW3 forum

Really? I certainly hope not.
I am actually trying to look at the big picture here, somewhat like a chess game, and trying to figure out why this is coming to a head now? There is more to this fabric than just a wrinkle.

top topics

join