It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if the world ends and some people survive where would you go

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

I would go and loot your house.
Jk
ehm,maybe.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
I would go towards water. Where? Probably western USA.

I have a question- cities are not really a great place to be during SHTF times. Since cities sprawl what is a safe distance from the area? Example: how far outside of Dallas would be safe?

I think distance isn't the answer. Access is. I live ten miles from the Big City, but those are water miles 1,000 feet deep. I figure the Bad Guys (tm) will be busy on their side for some time, burning down their own houses, rioting, stealing from Safeway. They would have to actually work to get over here and it's just not cost effective. If nothing else, it's a good time buffer. If the Bad Guys ever did target me, well, I've got several thousand rounds of ammo, so I guess I would go down fighting.

Bottom line is that given my place still exists, it's the best place to make a stand.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sakoy
if the world ends and some people survive where would you go and why how would you get there and what would you take with you and why would you take it

there is a lot of variables there, like how things ended, where the big ugly took place etcetera. we would need something of incredible proportions for an end of the world scenario. how would we even know we're in that status? if TSHTF we wouldn't be getting TV or the 'net or radio.

i like being home and i would want to stay here with my dog. my bed is here, my stuff is here. what makes me cringe is even if my food and water lasts, the meds won't. all the demons will come back slowly, for me and a crap-load of 'daywalkers' in my little white trash town. there is a lot of special people and inbreds where i live and I wouldn't want to see them in action un-medicated and without the threat of law enforcement around. my wife would be safe, she'd kick your arse for a cookie, but the freaks around here are the type that would rape your dog.

i think it would be wise to grab camping equipment and head for a warm climate area. you aren't going to get fuel for your car unless you are into siphoning, and even then the roads would probably be littered with abandoned vehicles. so a good bicycle is the way to go.

travel by night, sleep by day. avoid anything that moves. hopefully someday wind up somewhere it is warm and there is water. and hopefully you won't starve to death.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It would be too depressing. I would probably find the nearest bar left standing and drink myself to a stupor.

edit on 19-8-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Depressing how! It would be liberating! Freedom! Create your on paradise!

I would go anyway the wind is blowing, the tides are flowing....whatever feels the best at the moment and then get busy creating something great!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I would go to my house. how ever I could. whatever was on me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I guess I would go back to where humanity started, which would be in some fertile area close to a river. Do some farming, fishing, etc. I might not go there right away, though, and would probably hang around in cities until all the canned food and water was used up.

Hopefully there wouldn't be so many people left alive that I would have to worry about them attacking me or anything. A relatively small number would be good. Very peaceful after a while.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have a good hunting rifle and scope, (instead of a silly military knock off) and a good pistol for Bear protection. I have fishing gear. I live in Alaska. I'd fire up the Fireplace and stay home.

The Moose population is huge all over the State. The waters are full of Salmon, Trout, Dolly Varden and Greyling. Water is everywhere and we have millions of lakes. Even in Anchorage there are something like 30 fishing lakes. We have an unlimited supply of firewood. I figure I'm good to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i would go to washington dc and walk right into the white house walking right into the oval office and sit in that big chair and put my feet up on the desk and say well neo your top of the world

of course that is if washington dc wasnt destroyed by whatever shtf scenario.

and then i would spray paint graffiti on the walls saing neo wuz here

to the op given the different types of end of the world and there are many its had to say where any of us would go.

altho cheyenne mountain or greenbrier and mount weather would "in vogue" destinations.

last thought here with regards to the dumbs i mean really come on dumbs?

deep underground military bases? who comes up with those names

its like the pot calling the kettle there.
edit on 19-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i'd go to the mall and make it my base.
the mall has everything.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
to mcydees and order a super sized #3

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
I'd go to Omicon Persei 8 via a stargate. I'd take the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus (just to really muck with the indigenous life's thinking process) and as many Peanut Butter Snickers as I could carry with me.

...and beer. take snickers and beer.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
id go read the vatican library teachign my self latin if i had to i wanna know whats in those books and hell its problay a pretty safe place those swiss gaurds pack serious heat

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If, or should I say when the world ends, what makes you think that everything will be ok where you are?

People need to realise that everything will change, including the nice vegetable patch you have worked on or the well you have nearby.

The question we should be trying to answer is what we can do to prevent ourselves been taken as 'prisoners'.
Who should one trust?

Are you sure that the helicpopter that is flying above your camp actually has your best intentions in mind?

Should you signal or should you hide?

This is survival.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

you know nothing of my vegetable patch.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I moved to the Philippines, things grow like crazy here. Just about every tree bares something edible most being delectable. Lots of fish and i never have to worries about being cold

But if i dont make it thats ok too, life on earth will be hellish for a while.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
#1 - Wherever there is drinkable water.

Then go from there.

Can't find drinkable water?

Too bad.

That is exactly right.Look at the history of settlers, study where they settled and why,oh so many years ago. It is no coincidence that most cities have at least a creek running through or near it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
#1 - Wherever there is drinkable water.

Then go from there.

Can't find drinkable water?

Too bad.
edit on 8/19/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

um.. drinkable water is wherever there is humidity + knowledge of how to create condensation and hopefully some filtration.

that's anywhere you are.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

Ok after the dust cleared I'd go to where ever the nearest mansions were, find one and make it my home, clear the mansion of bodies if there were any, give the bodies a proper burial in a grave yard and I would sanitize the mansion, then I would start a greenhouse outside because I'd make sure I had plenty of seed, it'd be even better if the mansion happened to have some fruit trees on the property, and a well even if I would have to attach a hand pump to it. You may ask why I chose this kind of place? Well no one can deny that mansions usually come with large plots of land as well and many rooms, So I could grow my own stuff and also help out anybody that may need help and a place to stay. That is my choice.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to live in a post-apocalyptic world...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join