It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if the world ends and some people survive where would you go

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Since LeTan took the same clever, clever line that I was going to use, my fallback is teaming up with ForeverDusk over there is Alaska sounds like it would be a beautiful choice. Never hurts to plan ahead and be prepared!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ah-Ha!
It's a trick question!
If there are survivors, then the world has not ended!
Tis' just a flesh wound.
edit on 8/19/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
For most scenarios, i will be staying home. I already live in a secluded location with plenty of fresh water, my own cattle and a variety of wildlife.

However, if I were forced to flee, I would be making my way to the coast, finding a boat to crew with and heading out to sea to ride out the storm.

If worse comes to worse, I could always make my way to Antarctica and hide out at McMurdo Station. They have a sparse population and a large enough food and fuel supply to last a few years down there.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have my after the SHTF planned scenerio, but I wont share it because if and when the SHTF whoever is left will be out to help themselves and their families. Anyone see that movies "The Road"? or "The Book of Eli"? They pretty much detail how life will be after a major catastrophic event. There will be people like zombies moving around taking whatever means of food they can find, there will be rappings, people will try to become lord of their area. Basically life will keep ticking forward in the same manner we live now but without the conveinces and without the level of population we have know..peace

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Provided it wasn't something that forced me to Leave where I am at. I would stay Wait it out for a month. Then would go into town and start disposing the bodies and rebuilding the town. It depends on the sit x of course. If a pandemic then It should have burnt itself out within a month. I guess the most important question is what sit X is it. That will tell me what I would do...

Therian

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well if the world ends than nobody will survive because if people survive than the world hasn't ended.

But if most die and I live i'm going to Disneyland and relish the fact that i'm the first person in line on every ride for a change

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

lmao. Will be amusing to watch you try to ride anything. How will you start the rides? sure you can puch the button but thats really difficult from the sitting position on any given ride..
Therian

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

It's not about riding the rides it's about being first in line. I will just stand there and smile and sip my slurpee and be happy because i'm first.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I would go towards water. Where? Probably western USA.

I have a question- cities are not really a great place to be during SHTF times. Since cities sprawl what is a safe distance from the area? Example: how far outside of Dallas would be safe?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

When you have no chance of running into the roving milita type gangs that will rape and kill you and take your stuff than you have gone far enough.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by AuntB

When you have no chance of running into the roving milita type gangs that will rape and kill you and take your stuff than you have gone far enough.
I personally want to stay where I am because many will leave the urban areas and eventually the middle of nowhere will be filled with roving militias. I have woods, elk and deer. My husband says head out, I am a destination type person, I am not good at aimlessly wandering around.
edit on 19-8-2011 by AuntB because: typo

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My first choice is out to sea in a cat
if I can't take mine they I'll borrow the nearest one I can find in the 50ft range as that would be manageable for myself and my partner. (she is the more capable sailor) but still able to take the family (around 8 others)

So my choice would be (aside from my own) one capable of blue water sailing with the usual modern refinements that is able to produce power/drinking water. and it would be along the lines of the 1990s models (or 80s I'm not fussed) as they are not bloated with luxury making them pretty but slow as I want something that can outpace a decent sized storm.

Tho if I had lots of money and no sense I would go for the Prout P50s
edit on 19/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It has been reported by ancient civilizations that the world did end and humans were living underground, being cared for by the ant people. I guess I would go hang out with them. The Bottleneck theory of evolution tends to support the fact that humans dwindled down to less than 1000 individuals.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

The best advice is to head to the water. I personally have a sailboat that I will be on that's equipped for ocean travel and once i'm out of range of motorized craft I won't have much to worry about. As long as you can fish and desalinate water you can stay out endlessly only having to find safe places during storms.

The biggest problem will be getting to it in a hurry if I need too so hopefully the events leading up to this event will be fairly obvious and i'll be nearby my craft just waiting.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

Nearest cruise ship with a full tank -- in the water for a while..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by sakoy

Nearest cruise ship with a full tank -- in the water for a while..

Naw dude, you want a full oil tanker, so you can rule the world like those guys in the movie Waterworld.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

Originally posted by sakoy
if the world ends and some people survive where would you go and why how would you get there and what would you take with you and why would you take it

As if I'd yell you.

Yah! I wouldn't yell you either. Why would I yell for you? So you can figure out where I'm hiding!?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure what I would do, perhaps go for nude jogs around the city and along the shore, (might as well since no one is around and there wouldn't be any need to cover up.)

In all seriousness, I would go to Kennedy Space Center and figure out how to get a rocket on a pad and launch it just for fun, it sure would beat the heck out of those model rockets I launched as a kid.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
#1 - Wherever there is drinkable water.

Then go from there.

Can't find drinkable water?

Too bad.
edit on 8/19/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

Agreed

Depending where I am in the country when "IT" happens, I'll go somewhere between Ohio and the Appalachian Mountain Ridge, or Colorado and the Mississippi River.
G_D be with you, and G_D Bless the USA.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It would depend on how the world ended, I assume TEOTWAKI is what you really mean. Is it a scenario like Lucifer's Hammer? Alas Babylon? One Second After? Zombie Apocalypse? how????????

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join