It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if the world ends and some people survive where would you go

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
if the world ends and some people survive where would you go and why how would you get there and what would you take with you and why would you take it

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
#1 - Wherever there is drinkable water.

Then go from there.

Can't find drinkable water?

Too bad.
edit on 8/19/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i would go to a cave because i'd never seen a capital letter before or had a grammar lesson.

then, after proving my intelligence, i would go into a cave and wait it out with the other hostages of humanity waiting to steal what food and supplies i did have, and if i beat them, i'd write a run on sentence about it.

Why are you writing another thread about a hypothetical scenario about the same end times as everyone has written about? Are you trying to bury a worthy thread, or really inquiring about what most of us would do? For real?
edit on 19-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
A log cabin in Alaska.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Im really curious about what people would do why do you like to criticize people

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

The bottle shop

But it really depends on the circumstances..
Is everything destroyed or was there a virus that killed everyone etc??

You could get to a decent radio to hear if anyone else survived..
I could fly a plane to a bigger town to see if anyone's alive..

So many questions before I'd decide what to do.

edit on 19-8-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

How much time you got?

I'll tell you everything about humanity if I had the chance, but all I can do now is tell you about what you've referred to. And then, I'd have to spell correct, or my post is junk.

Have you seen the Black Friday Walmart videos as of lately? If you haven't, I suggest you take a gander. That's just the stuff that pertains to a discount on some items in the store..... imagine a food crisis.
Black Fridays It wouldn't be a "what if" at that point, and it wouldn't matter about who does what, it would be about who got all the canned corn and cranberries. Who got all the canned carrots & potatoes.

Ask all the what ifs you want, I think these are useless nonsense threads that clog up real issues and go nowhere. Call me wrong and prove otherwise.
edit on 19-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'd go to Omicon Persei 8 via a stargate. I'd take the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus (just to really muck with the indigenous life's thinking process) and as many Peanut Butter Snickers as I could carry with me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

do you really have to criticize what everyone says

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sakoy

I have a well and a nice veggie garden so I'd stay right where I am.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Great thread! I don't have to think about it too long. I'd head into the 'Tri-States' area of Idaho/Montana/Wyoming and see how things all looked when I got there. I know I can live in primitive conditions for the time it takes to add some comfort to life but that area has a lot of people who want out after one full season with all of today's modern luxuries. It's kept it a great place with plenty of game and clean water in natural form (yeah, it really still exists out there...lol )

As far as getting there? There is a lot to be said for 4wd and topographical maps of entire states.
Growing seasons are a bit rough in that region, but wildlife is plentiful to make up for it.

Really though, I haven't put thought into that before. (innocent smile)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
why would I leave? just stay put.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Like all scientists say : Follow the water!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
I'd go to Omicon Persei 8 via a stargate. I'd take the book Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus (just to really muck with the indigenous life's thinking process) and as many Peanut Butter Snickers as I could carry with me.

You sound like an obscure moron, but I think there may be something to that statement.
I'd bust balls to a great extent to an alien civilization that "let this crap go on for years" and took me in to their flock. I'd exaggerate the extent of the suffering of mankind, despite how bad it urked them. That's just me though, I'm all set with alien races that treat us like the GF (Galactic Federation) does.

WOW!!! i'm just trying to have some fun, man. you sound like you have a terminal case of no sense of humor. sorry for your loss.

and if you hate this thread so much, why do you keep replying? all that's going to do is bump it...and bury the threads with real issues.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I would move out of the city

Lots of death and dead bodies= diseases, and the water supply would be stopped so moving to a fast flowing sourcr is a must.

On the way out I would loot the living crap out of any army base for weapons, ammo, all terrain vehicle and fuel. Also combat/survival clothing, meds (anti biotics etc), webbing, tools. HF radio.

I would head to high ground with a water source and tree cover. Set up camp. Plant my looted claymore mines and ground sensors, get out my looted jacky d, and contemplate my next move.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

that's assuming of course, that the area isn't wrecked by a super volcanic eruption or high levels of radioactivity due to nuclear war.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
As I have full water butts, a veg. garden on the go, three months supply of food, firewood all around, a stock of veg seeds, water six feet down, see where I'm staying? need to stock up on vinegar though, (for pickling) and salt. and more planters for indoor growing. been stocking up on screw top jars for pickles and salting.
Various means of self defence. If nothing happens, okay, can still use it all, just replace the used items as and when.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I'm heading out on a decent sized yacht. I figure the family will do better as water gypsies/pirates.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sakoy
if the world ends and some people survive where would you go and why how would you get there and what would you take with you and why would you take it

As if I'd yell you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join