It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have not made contact.. Aliens do not exist..

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
When you figure out the mathematical odds of their not being life in the entire universe but us is miniscule. Way to planets out there not to have life.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I can barely comprehend the fact that this thread is still going on. Anyone who thinks human beings are the only life in the vast universe should be checked in and booked at some sort of mental facility.

Grow up and check your egos at the doors, we are so irrelevant in the whole big scheme of things. Our galaxy isn't even near a big cluster, and we're not even in the center of our own galaxy..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Here is some information on the probability of intelligent life.
This is peer reviewed and published in the journal of Astrobiology. The analysis, Humanity is a fluke and will most likely be the only intelligent creature in the universe. This is just a fast link I pulled up on it, feel free to read his research from the source.
www.science20.com...

The flaw in the Drake Equation is the values assigned. I can use the same equation to show there is no life anywhere. If you surreptitiously alter the odds by deciding every planet will have life (not evidence based) and that 1% of those will have human like intelligent life (not evidence based) you will end with a result that does not match reality (or anything that is evidence based).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Let's say you're walking down the street and see an envelope. You pick it up and open it and lo and behold, the most valuable baseball card in the world is in there. Yes, Honus Wagner's 1909 Pittsburgh card, sold for $2.8 mil in a private auction in 2007 and now it's in your hands.

Now, what does that do to the odds of finding an extraordinarily valuable baseball card in any other envelope you may see blowing in the wind?

Make it less likely, because come on, how many times can that happen?

Make it more likely because if it happened once ...

Have no effect whatsoever on the odds because there would be no relationship between your finding one once and what you may find in the future.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The fact that we are here...alive...on a planet...orbiting a star....in a galaxy...one of many....gives 100% mathematical proof that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING....in EVERY POSSIBLE COMBINATION....MUST EXIST! And not only that but since we are but one version of a Universe in a MULTIVERSAL SYSTEM....as it is most likely that the large amounts of calculated DARK MATTER AND DARK ENERGY....is the observation of one Universal states connection to many..........................................................................................anyone who is so egocentric to think that this is all there is and we are the end all to end alls......has a BIG SURPRIZE AWAITING.....OR NOT.....when they KICK IT! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate
Let's say you're walking down the street and see an envelope. You pick it up and open it and lo and behold, the most valuable baseball card in the world is in there. Yes, Honus Wagner's 1909 Pittsburgh card, sold for $2.8 mil in a private auction in 2007 and now it's in your hands.

Now, what does that do to the odds of finding an extraordinarily valuable baseball card in any other envelope you may see blowing in the wind?

Have no effect whatsoever on the odds because there would be no relationship between your finding one once and what you may find in the future.

Considering that there is an infinite number of planets while only a very minute amount of these baseball cards, I'd say there is little to no way to make any kind of comparison. If there were an infinite number of those cards printed, then sure, you could probably pick another one up fairly easily, eh?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

Considering that there is an infinite number of planets while only a very minute amount of these baseball cards, I'd say there is little to no way to make any kind of comparison. If there were an infinite number of those cards printed, then sure, you could probably pick another one up fairly easily, eh?

There is a 100% chance that one version of you will not only find the first card....but find the second as well. Infinite Multiversal Possililities and Probabilities dictate this.

As far as just one version of you finding it once.....LESS than 0%....so that means....finding another again or twice....even less since there is a limited number of possible existing cards. If the cards printed were infinite in number.....then the odds don't change. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

Aliens do not exist, are you crazy?

ofcourse they do, anything not of this earth doesnt exist? lol

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To expand on my last post about probability. If a pperson flips a coin....they have a 50/50 chance...if the coin is balanced...of flipping HEADS. If the person flips the coin 10 times and all 10 times it comes up heads....on the 11th flip....the persons odds still are 50/50....on flipping HEADS.

This is so because you have the ability to flip the coin an infine amount of times.....if you could live forever. These are ODDS. PROBABILITY.....is another matter all togeather and this is when CHAOS THEORY comes into play. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
To expand on my last post about probability. If a pperson flips a coin....they have a 50/50 chance...if the coin is balanced...of flipping HEADS. If the person flips the coin 10 times and all 10 times it comes up heads....on the 11th flip....the persons odds still are 50/50....on flipping HEADS.

This is so because you have the ability to flip the coin an infine amount of times.....if you could live forever. These are ODDS. PROBABILITY.....is another matter all togeather and this is when CHAOS THEORY comes into play. Split Infinity

But finding something isn't like flipping a coin. Of course the odds will always be 50% if you have two sided coin.
If there are an infinite amount of something, not simply two sides, then the chances of finding another are much different. Now of course either the envelope contains the card or it doesn't--50% chance of that, eh? But the picture is much bigger than simply the envelope itself. In a multitude of envelopes with an infinite number of cards available, there is going to be a much greater likelihood of finding said card again.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

But finding something isn't like flipping a coin. Of course the odds will always be 50% if you have two sided coin.
If there are an infinite amount of something, not simply two sides, then the chances of finding another are much different. Now of course either the envelope contains the card or it doesn't--50% chance of that, eh? But the picture is much bigger than simply the envelope itself. In a multitude of envelopes with an infinite number of cards available, there is going to be a much greater likelihood of finding said card again.

You are correct...the two examples are not the same. I was using the coin flip to describe the difference between POSSIBILITY and PROBABILITY. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Considering that there is an infinite number of planets

You mean "assuming", right?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Considering that there is an infinite number of planets

You mean "assuming", right?

Assuming, considering... neither for nor against can be proven, eh? So, I choose.... Considering.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u

Prove it..
And dont tell me to look up at the stars, or direct me to a blog.

show me a alien.. With all the bitching in this topic not one person has posted any proof.
Doing a basic search on these type of skeptical topics, it seems that's the pattern on this site. bitch, whine, insult and don't post any proof.
edit on 8-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have maybe 5 post in the last 2 years but I'm always on here reading looking for info and so I find this thread.This guy was me maybe 12 years ago ,then asking questions on things I was seeing and hearing about I noticed I was not getting the correct answers and so my personal quest began in understanding the unknown to me.I understand his first thoughts on the point he was trying to make,my guess would be this guy must be an office computer key pusher that only knows that which he sees 18 inches in front of him and thats about as far as it goes.I've found out that we have many people that are "book smart" but have zero common-sense both in practical application and in thinking outside of their field of expertise;I add that the inability for them to do this does not make them any less human then the next guy it's just is the condition of the affected.

Are Aliens real? I'm not sure because I've never seen one.Now what I have seen at a distance are things which I cannot explain and the few that have been there with me cannot either.So I then must ask what do I think I may have seen? I'm not sure but thanks to your tax dollars I had the opportunity to study Avionics for many years and even as I do not consider myself an "expert" by any means I understand enough about flight to knows the do's and don't of flight.Over the years I've had the opportunity to befriend many military career men all or which at some point where instructors to me in some capacity.In private I've heard stories which to this date I'm still unsure of because it may be beyond my scope of understanding or maybe acceptance.

I will keep this reply short but let me end on this.I have a good friend that works in the northern part of "Groom lake" ( nowhere near 51 )and as you can guess we have had many in person conversations on many subjects.First thing I asked him soon after he began work there was- have you seen anything and also any possible "UFO's" and his reply was "I've seen some crazy things but not one thing I did not get an answer for when I asked.Now,let me make clear that he does not work in any top secret project with aliens or anything of the sort,He heads a small crew of people that are testing an aircraft in the area.That testing is taking place in a testing base which does have classified crafts but thats not what he does.Where hes at even as its still seen as classified is also consider old technology and so let me give you a fast run-down of this old technology hes had the privilege to witness first hand.First about 12 years ago I was in an area of the world doing a job when I heard something fly overhead with an un-Godly sound ,something like a screaming demon but I knew it was man made in some way because it had some sort of thrust we felt.Now fast forward to 3 years ago when I find out that was a hypersonic un-manned flying drone which can fly as low as 10 feet above the ground as seen by my guy in person.Upon hearing about this I asked him to please try and see what else he can see without alerting anyone.About a year ago he tells me about the day he was "taking a short cut" in one of the lower levels.He was being lead to the other side of one of the lower floors in which he stores the craft hes testing at and while hes walking carrying out a conversation with a guy hes made good friends with they come unto one of the hangers which held something being covered by a light cover made of cotton something like sheets we sleep on - it was not anything special.He asked what is that,the guy replies 'oh,thats the old Aurora you're looking at do you know what that is,it hasn't been out in a while".Now,that craft is seen by those guys as old technology( this craft is said to be flown at or above 25,000 MPH) so I asked what else do they have now?I was then told that one day after having supper( this off off base while on personal time) my guy asked so what else is out there?The reply was this "most of everything you see even in pictures is ours regardless of what you may read,but we do see other things that come and fly around ours like nothing and those are not ours as far as I can tell".I've also learned they we have found ways of tracking some things that fly within our flight space.

So,do aliens exist?I'm still not sure because I'm yet to see one in person but I can say I do believe my guy 100% and we do have something which comes into contact with crafts we're flying or testing.I understand your point but saying that something does not exist because YOU have not seen one is just being ignorant.

Best Regards

SkyKnight

edit on 8-9-2011 by skyknight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This topic is really sad, you people really can't accept an opposing view. Btw the op is factually correct; to date there is no concrete proof of alien visitation.

I also agree had the op facetiously made a topic about being a contactee with zero proof of his tale, many of you would lap it up. I see that sort of thing happen here all the time. All the more reason modern ufology is turning into a pseudoreligious cult based upon belief rather than fact.

edit on 9-9-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace

Originally posted by scapers2u

Prove it..
And dont tell me to look up at the stars, or direct me to a blog.

show me a alien.. With all the bitching in this topic not one person has posted any proof.
Doing a basic search on these type of skeptical topics, it seems that's the pattern on this site. bitch, whine, insult and don't post any proof.
edit on 8-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

SP....be extremely HAPPY that you have not been shown proof. As I have posted here before...the closest thing to proof you will find is researching old....1950's...Washington DC newspaper arcticles that describe and have documented by interview of Military, Goverment and General Public figures of Highly Credible Reputations....their statements about the massive flyover of UFO's over the U.S. Capitol and Whitehouse.

You will find more proof than you need in these interviews by Major DC Newspapers.

To say there is no VIABLE PROOF....is a lie. There is a huge wealth of proof. People just do not look.

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
so how do we know "aliens" are from other planets?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk
so how do we know "aliens" are from other planets?

Because a certain U.S. Govermental agency has been dealing with several E.T. races for decades.

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Have you considered that we could be the aliens ? That some UFO´s could be man made drones using superior technology?

Any way I know aliens do exist but not all UFO´s in the sky belongs to them, also there is another interesting unknown fact , the existence of an Intra-terrestrial civilization that are the true owners of this planet. you have no idea how big is the earth or how deep it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join