It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Obama, please Explain to These People why you Spent 2 Million on yourself!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by miniatus
You realize OP that these buses are provided for both parties, Republican and Democrat. Republicans have yet to nominate their choice, but a bus is waiting.

What a pointless rant.
edit on 17-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

So the Presidential Limo isn't good enough?
Perhaps he will embellish us with a Presidential Train made in China.

Do you know much about the presidential limo? .. it's not intended for cross country travel like this.. it has a max speed of 60mph when floored because of all of the equipment on board, you also can't fit that many people in it .. it's not at all intended for this kind of use.. also might I add, as I already said.. the others get these buses too .. they have a high seating capacity for security, campaign staffers and the like.. they are intended for long range travel with a staff of people as well a security.. Sarah's tooling around in one, the republicans get one.. so I don't see why you're complaining?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And from what I'm reading, Sarah Palin apparently uses one of these buses .. and she's a PRIVATE citizen and yet it's a taxpayer funded ride.. nobody is whining about that, oddly..

Don't change the subject of my thread! You don't even have the intellect to supply a link supporting your nefarious claim.
Mr Obama has squandered millions on his vacations, golf outings, and now more on this elaborate bus.
Calling him self centered would be like calling Adolf Hitler a depopulation activist.

You should take some ritalin my friend.. not changing the subject, just pointing out why your rant is pointless..

my nefarious claim link

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Have to disagree with you on this. The President should spend any amount of money when it comes to security and even the republicans will agree wholeheartedly with this as this issue has come up before. You can't stick the President on a greyhound bus to travel around.

The point is NOT the money spent on security - every head of state requires that.

The point IS the Canadian (not U.S.) built buses purchased with U.S. tax money to allow obama to PRETEND to be pushing for jobs creation when in reality this is nothing more than a taxpayer funded campaign junket.

And, oh gee, how did obama (and every other president) ever get around the country before he came up with "Greyhound 1"?

Deserves another

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

And from what I'm reading, Sarah Palin apparently uses one of these buses .. and she's a PRIVATE citizen and yet it's a taxpayer funded ride.. nobody is whining about that, oddly..

I would love to see the proof to back this claim up. As well as the claim that ther eis one of these busses waiting for the Republican candidate, paid for by the tax-payers. I'm waiting...

link   

You realize OP that these buses are provided for both parties, Republican and Democrat. Republicans have yet to nominate their choice, but a bus is waiting.

What a pointless rant.
edit on 17-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

So the Presidential Limo isn't good enough?
Perhaps he will embellish us with a Presidential Train made in China.

Do you know much about the presidential limo? .. it's not intended for cross country travel like this.. it has a max speed of 60mph when floored because of all of the equipment on board, you also can't fit that many people in it .. it's not at all intended for this kind of use.. also might I add, as I already said.. the others get these buses too .. they have a high seating capacity for security, campaign staffers and the like.. they are intended for long range travel with a staff of people as well a security.. Sarah's tooling around in one, the republicans get one.. so I don't see why you're complaining?

Just more of your unsubstantiated rhetoric to derail my thread.
Where are your links miniatus?
edit on 17-8-2011 by Violater1 because: corrected spelling.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
dont know what peeves me off the most

spending 2 million of taxpayer dime and the millions it costs for in security for his "tour" of selling snakeoil to the stupid masses.

or the fact that bus was made in canada

no offense meant to canada but how many americans could have had a job building that thing.

obama has no clue of what it means to be an american and who has any clue of what

FOR AMERICANS BY AMERICANS MEANS.

I think we should demand he take it off his paycheck from his books.The ones written for him by another radical Marxist Weather Underground mastermind. Then it would be justified as Spreading the Wealth Around

edit on 17-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

look, to be blunt I'm not one of these conspiracy guys here on ATS but let's face facts. Obama is the first black president.maybe we need a top o the line, secure, state of the art bus for the Prez and his cabinet / advisors /representatives. why? sadly there are many, yeah I said many, people in this country who still live under the banner of racism and hatred. anybody who denys this is a fool. I would guess we will never know (or perhaps years from now) just how many assasination attempts have been thwarted. the right wing's hatred of President Obama is palpable. it is scary. and it is sad that there are still so many Americans who can't move forward and accept Obama for who and what he is; a good, genuine, highly intelligent, well spoken and charismatic individual. get over the bus thing. it's weak, it's childish. if you're going to pick on the Prez try and come up with something feasible, something that has some meat to it. here's a suggestion; why doesnt Obama call the right out for who and what they are? maybe it's time for him to stop trying to handle these obstructionists with kid gloves. maybe it's time for Obama to call out the right for the weak minded, selfish, corporate / big oil serving bastards they are. how's that for an example of a meaty issue?
edit on 17-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by LooksLikeWeMadeIt because: added / typo

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
First off, I can't stand Obama. I think he's hell bent on the destruction of this Republic. In fact, I'd call him the worst president in my lifetime, if not the entire life of the country. That's saying a lot, because he followed who I believe is now the 2nd worst (Bush Jr.).

Now, that being said, I have NO problem with this. 2 million is chump change for the leader of the United States. Whether that leader is Obama, Bush. Ron Paul, or anyone else, it's worth it. Obama won't be president forever (I hope), and this will be used for the next guy, and so on. The presidents safety is paramount to this country, and I support this 100%. It sure beats giving the money to welfare rats.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Care to provide a reputable source that Palin is riding around in a taxpayer funded bus?

And if such proof is available, kindly add me to the list of people outraged over that, too.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Nobody bothers Palin because she has huge ..ambitions.

edit on 17-8-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Where are your links meatus?

Why resort to insulting names? Are you two?

I gave a link, and in that link are more links to sources ..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

“Goldman Sachs wasn’t alone either in its astute “foreknowledge” of the collapse of BP’s stock value due to the Gulf disaster as BP’s own chief executive, Tony Hayward, sold about one-third of his shares weeks before this catastrophe began unfolding too.

But according to this FSB report the largest seller of BP stock in the weeks before this disaster occurred was the American investment company known as Vanguard who through two of their financial arms (Vanguard Windsor II Investor and Vanguard Windsor Investor) unloaded over 1.5 million shares of BP stock saving their investors hundreds of millions of dollars, chief among them President Obama.

For though little known by the American people, their President Obama holds all of his wealth in just two Vanguard funds, Vanguard 500 Index Fund where he has 3 accounts and the Vanguard FTSE Social Index Fund where he holds another 3 accounts, all six of which the FSB estimates will earn Obama nearly $8.5 million a year and which over 10 years will equal the staggering sum of $85 million.

www.fireandreamitchell.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Where are your links miniatus?

Why resort to insulting names? Are you two?

It was a simple scribners error, nothing hard to do.
You seem to be an upright guy for keeping a stiff upper lip.
Thank you for pointing this out. I corrected the spelling.
So here's a Youtube video on Mr Obama's multi-million dollar bus made in Canada (instead of Oregon).

edit on 17-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My problem is the outsourcing when the largest luxury coach work is about 100 miles from here
www.marathoncoachoregon.com...
They make the ¨rock star¨ coaches right here in Oregon where we all hang by a thread. So why give it to a Canadian company? I believe the most grandiose luxury coach ever built came out of this place so WTH? Same Prevost chassis and that 2 million would have worked a factory and fed families.
seed

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Hahaaaaa I love that-Greyhound One!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This just shows the hypocrsy of Obama once more. Asking all the rich to make sacrafices, but not himself. Asking for more manufacturing in the US, but buys a Bus outside of the US>

This man is all lies.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This will actually save the "taxpayers" money. Still no comments about Palin though...And it changed from the fact that it costs 2 million to "but he outsourced!!!1!!1!!!!1111".

And VIolator, those homeless people were there before 2011. For some reason I feel like you don't even care about them (unless they can be used to attack Obama of course).

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
From the nefarious source:

The right-wing media attacked President Obama for traveling on buses that reportedly cost $1.1 million on his bus tour, but left out significant facts; One of the facts being that the buses are provided for both parties, Republican and Democrat. Republicans have yet to nominate their choice, but a bus is waiting.

President Obama could campaign on a tricycle from State to State and Republicans would still demonize him as a spendthrift, “Does he really need three tires at our expense?” We can only conclude that they prefer this President, as opposed to every one before him, not have any security detail. Barney Fife and Gomer Pyle could be hired as his sole security team and it would be too costly for them.

Secret Service officials stated that the buses will pay for themselves over time and there has been a need for these buses for some time now. Sean Hannity, from Fox ‘reports’ on this, in his ‘fair and balanced’ Free Republic rhetoric, calling President Obama the ‘Anointed One.’

Media Matters: HANNITY: And today, President Barack Obama embarked on a three-day bus tour in the Midwest that the White House says will allow him to escape the Beltway bubble and hear from actual Americans. But let’s be honest, he doesn’t have to waste your tax dollars and travel around in a $1.1 million luxury liner to find out what is on the minds of these so-called commoners. Because the American people, well, they are speaking loud and clear about the president’s performance. According to a brand new Gallup poll, only 39 percent of those surveyed say the anointed one is doing a good job, while a 54 percent majority say they disapprove. And both of those numbers are the worst of the Obama presidency."

Thread over. And we're supposed to take Fox news seriously? I can't even take (some of) you ATSers seriously because of threads like this.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Throwback because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
Thread over. And we're supposed to take Fox news seriously? I can't even take (some of) you ATSers seriously because of threads like this.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Throwback because: (no reason given)

Obviously, not everyone agrees with you because the Flags and Stars keep piling up

Mr Obama, please answer this thread!
In the mean time here is another link to a youtube Bus tour video. Ouch, he gets a group of Americans opinions on the mis-actions of his administration.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Maybe Obama can tax corporate bus owners as the airliners, that will teach those greedy rich Americans

He goes out trying to tout some economic/jobs BS and buys the bus from Canada, what a putz. If we do not build them here,why? CAFTA?NAFTA?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join