It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Obama, please Explain to These People why you Spent 2 Million on yourself!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A million or two million dollars is nothing. this is just a slander thread. We spend way more then that on prototypes that are flown once and crashed in the dessert.

Oh, and most people don't know, but there are at least 3 Air force ones, how about that for some big bucks?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is just pathetic, while I don't have preferences when it comes to political whores in this nation, I can not keep my mouth closed this.

The propaganda to blame Obama for the economic woes is in full gear, actually faster that I predicted, Americans will fall for the propaganda of a failed Obama administrations, those that follow politics like me knows that the economic downfall is been in full gear thanks to the open wallet policies and original bailouts of Mr. Bush, yes our last president was a great political whore to big private interest, thanks to him they enjoy tax brakes just for them.

Wake up people the propaganda is in full gear, the only ones to blame for the falling of America is us the tax payer and voters, that never has actually stand up to say no to our political whores.
edit on 17-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I actually don't care so much about the bus...I understand that security is paramount when you're talking about the President - whichever president it is.

My questions would be....why did Michelle go to Spain (on TWO jets), why did they fly TWO jets to Copenhagen to campaign for the Olympics for Chicago, why (on one of the trips) did the DOG fly in a separate airplane?? Why all these expensive vacations??? You can say what you like about George Dubya...but most of his vacations were on his RANCH in Crawford Texas...not Hyannis, not Spain...

And WHY is he lying about this NOT being a campaign trip? Who is he trying to kid??? If he wants to ride around the country on a bus selling himself for 2012....then HE should have to pay for it, NOT the taxpayers.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jansy

And WHY is he lying about this NOT being a campaign trip? Who is he trying to kid??? If he wants to ride around the country on a bus selling himself for 2012....then HE should have to pay for it, NOT the taxpayers.

Simple.

Because if obama told the truth - ever - he would be kissing his re-election chances goodbye. If he still has any re-election chances.
edit on 8/17/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by kro32
Have to disagree with you on this. The President should spend any amount of money when it comes to security and even the republicans will agree wholeheartedly with this as this issue has come up before. You can't stick the President on a greyhound bus to travel around.

WHY NOT???? Give me a realistic answer as to what a 2 million dollar bus offers that a greyhound doesn't....Other than the obvious luxury components....

Does he not still have a gazillion bodyguards at all times?? This is a luxurious trip around the country for re-election...NOTHING ELSE!!! He could care less about jobs, but that is what he has been spoon feeding us.....IT'S ABOUT THE PEOPLE....BLA BLA FREAKING BLA!!!!

Rent a car from enterprise and sit in the back seat Mr. President....I want my money put to better use

There's a million things to take Obama go task for....lack of leadership....lying....being a lapdog for wall street....bitching about why he's not riding a grayhound is stupid.

You probably did not give a damn on how much Bush was spending on hid travel accomodations and security.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

You and whoever else you're talking about are just proving my point.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
reply to post by Violater1

You and whoever else you're talking about are just proving my point.

I never cease to be amazed how some posters get away with off topic or one line responses.
Yet when I do it, Wham! Smack

Here is another Youtube vid on the outlandish Obama bus.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
A million or two million dollars is nothing.

Nothing?
Are you serious! It's voters like you that will help drive America into the ground!

this is just a slander thread.

Slander!
Slander is for a lie that is vocalized (libel is for a printed lie). Perhaps your hearing voices in your head.

Obama has wasted millions of dollars for his own selfish pleasures. And this bus is just one of many.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Have to disagree with you on this. The President should spend any amount of money when it comes to security and even the republicans will agree wholeheartedly with this as this issue has come up before. You can't stick the President on a greyhound bus to travel around.

WHY NOT???? Give me a realistic answer as to what a 2 million dollar bus offers that a greyhound doesn't....Other than the obvious luxury components....

So many dumb posts...where to starrt?

First off - Provost (the "Canadian" manufacturer) MAKES BUSES FOR GREYHOUND.

Get on a greyhound bus in NYC, you are getting on a Canadian made bus!!

Secondly - There are NO US MANUFACTURERS OF TOURING BUSES. Distributors? Parts and Services? Mods? Yes...no actual Bus Manufacturers.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

So many dumb posts...where to starrt(sic)?
First off - Provost (the "Canadian" manufacturer) MAKES BUSES FOR GREYHOUND.
Get on a greyhound bus in NYC, you are getting on a Canadian made bus!!
Secondly - There are NO US MANUFACTURERS OF TOURING BUSES. Distributors? Parts and Services? Mods? Yes...no actual Bus Manufacturers.

Just don't tell the American small business company Marathon Coach, the world's largest converter of Prevost bus chassis!
www.marathoncoachoregon.com...

I guess that Obama's magical Misery tour won't be going through Oregon.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

The point is NOT the money spent on security - every head of state requires that.

The point IS the Canadian (not U.S.) built buses purchased with U.S. tax money to allow obama to PRETEND to be pushing for jobs creation when in reality this is nothing more than a taxpayer funded campaign junket.

The bus was built in Tennessee. The outer shell was made in Canada. Got a price breakdown on that?

And, oh gee, how did obama (and every other president) ever get around the country before he came up with "Greyhound 1"?

Deserves another

Actually the exact same way. Bush's bus was also a Prevost.

What about those pesky Republicans?
Bachmann emulates Palin with whistle stop Prevost bus tour to canvass voters Continue reading on Examiner.com Bachmann emulates Palin with whistle stop Prevost bus tour

edit on 17-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

The bus was built in Tennessee. The outer shell was made in Canada. Got a price breakdown on that?

And the campaign bus tour (poorly) disguised as a tour to promote jobs was devised by obama's handlers sitting back in Washington.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

And the campaign bus tour (poorly) disguised as a tour to promote jobs was devised by obama's handlers sitting back in Washington.

You are going to have to explain that to me. Since all Obama did was copy Bush, Palin, Bachmann, and Kerry.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Palin's bus was not paid for using taxpayer dollars. It was paid for by her PAC, which is private group that funds itself through voluntary contributions.

I have no problem spending a lot of money to keep the president safe. It is our responsibility to do that as Americans.

What I DO have a problem with is the fact that Obama is running around Iowa on the taxpayer's dime, claiming he is doing the work of president, when it is obvious he has started campaigning. Why else would he go to Iowa...conveniently RIGHT NOW, when political season is upon them???

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
Palin's bus was not paid for using taxpayer dollars. It was paid for by her PAC, which is private group that funds itself through voluntary contributions.

As if that mattered. Here let me let one of your own respond to that for you.

The point is NOT the money spent on security - every head of state requires that.

The point IS the Canadian (not U.S.) built buses purchased with U.S. tax money to allow obama to PRETEND to be pushing for jobs creation when in reality this is nothing more than a taxpayer funded campaign junket.

And, oh gee, how did obama (and every other president) ever get around the country before he came up with "Greyhound 1"?

Deserves another

Who paid for Bush's bus?

I have no problem spending a lot of money to keep the president safe. It is our responsibility to do that as Americans.

What I DO have a problem with is the fact that Obama is running around Iowa on the taxpayer's dime, claiming he is doing the work of president, when it is obvious he has started campaigning. Why else would he go to Iowa...conveniently RIGHT NOW, when political season is upon them???

This thread should be titled "I don't really have a problem with the topic of the thread, my problem is..."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There is no proof he is using tax money on those buses. He very well is using his own money, presidents do get paid you know, and you know they don'y have house payments right? Besides, presidents and presidential candidates raise ALOT of money on fund raisers and campaigning. Its pretty much like being in a rock band. You sell merchandise, ask for donations, etc.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

Whenever the president travels on Air Force One, two planes are always going. One is a decoy. In fact, neither plane is actually Air Force One until the President is actually on board, then is when it accepts the call sign, AF1. Same with Marine 1, the helicopters.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein
[more

Yeah well thats exactly how JFK was assassinated.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Well. for one, the chances of him getting shot at are actually probably rather high. But you probably also thought airplanes could never be hijacked in America, let alone crashed into buildings. Haha. And two, he is campaigning, so would you rather him sleep in this thing or go and rent a 5 star hotel presidential suite at $10,000 a night everynight? your call blue

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You are assuming its tax payer money. Also, i am sorry to say but, even the most American things you can think of...yeah...likely not made in America. Dodge, Ford, Chevy...yeah, parts mostly made in either Canada or Mexico, assembled in United states if lucky. Sorry but truth hurts

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join