It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin poses no threat to Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Like they would say yes it is all true we are toast very soon. They will deny it until there is no denying it.

Not saying I believe it is actually this comet that will bring the end but guarantee if it was we wouldn`t know till it was very clear we are in trouble. I figure it will be when we don`t see a tail on this thing coming at us.

I would like to see an explanation as to what these secret bunkers are all about seeming's how we are paying for them and they are massively stocking them. That to me builds the fear of something bad this way comes. Seen it on youtube so it must be so.

Now to watch youtube and get the real truth debunking this hog wash.

To be perfectly honest with you, I also feel that were this "the end" the authorities would be the last people to acknowledge it publicly. It appears that they consider us panicky twits..... meh, the pot calling the kettle....

link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Nibiru dimensional craft fears and 2012 combined with the feel of the globe as of now politically and financially...

link   
GREAT NEWS!!

Thank you MAX

now can the Comet Elenin

BS stop??

I mean the fear mongering hoopla
your going to scare the kid's.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
So it's 3-5 KM wide and it's closest approach will be about 20 million miles.

How did Elenin-mania begin again...?

Timing.... the media's exploitation of end-time prophecies and such made this little guy a candidate by virtue of 'being there.'

Of course, there could be a killer UFO fleet hiding in its tail, or the cyanide molecules in its tail might kill us all (that's what they said about Haley's in the 19th century), or we could undergo a Stephen King scenario like "Maximum Overdrive," but hey.... if you want to search for doom scenarios... it won't take too much effort to find one.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
So it's 3-5 KM wide and it's closest approach will be about 20 million miles.

How did Elenin-mania begin again...?

Timing.... the media's exploitation of end-time prophecies and such made this little guy a candidate by virtue of 'being there.'

Of course, there could be a killer UFO fleet hiding in its tail, or the cyanide molecules in its tail might kill us all (that's what they said about Haley's in the 19th century), or we could undergo a Stephen King scenario like "Maximum Overdrive," but hey.... if you want to search for doom scenarios... it won't take too much effort to find one.

The Bible says - wormwood - will get us. Where is it???

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks for making this thread. NASA is saying they are not observing Elenin or any other comet:

I've heard NASA has observed Elenin many times more than other comets. Is this true, and is NASA playing this comet down?

NASA regularly detects, tracks and characterizes asteroids and comets passing relatively close to Earth using both ground- and space-based telescopes. The Near-Earth Object Observations Program, commonly called "Spaceguard," discovers these objects, characterizes a subset of them and predicts their paths to determine if any could be potentially hazardous to our planet. For more information, visit the NASA-JPL Near Earth objects site at neo.jpl.nasa.gov... .

However, neither NASA nor JPL is in the business of actively observing Elenin or any other comet. Most of the posted observations are made by amateur astronomers around the world. Since Elenin has had so much publicity, it naturally has attracted more observers.

yet one of the stereo cameras was being rolled daily to observe Elenin. Seems like a lot of effort for such an insignificant comet. Does any one know if this is standard procedure?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone is still focused on Elenin, and yet Asteroid YU55 is getting little to no attention. YU55 is going to pass between the earth and the moon's orbit from November 9th to 11th, with its closest approach being about 325,000 kilometers (201,700 miles) from earth, which is EXTREMELY close. Nasa says it wont hit us, but the slightest change in YU55's orbit could cause it to impact Earth. This ain't no little comet either, YU55 is 1,300 feet (400 meters) in diameter. If it were to hit the Earth, it could kill millions of people easily, the reality would probably be much worse.

Im not trying to scare anybody, and I'm not saying its going to hit Earth, I just don't understand how this Asteroid, that has a much better chance of hitting us, gets nowhere near the attention that Elenin gets.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hang on. I want it to be known that I neither endorse nor refute assertions about this comet. I accept scientific norms and statistically weighty data; but one never knows anymore just how ignorant our scientific community can be at times.

And, because of my predilection for conspiracies and such esoteric topics I do attribute some value to coincidence and synchronicity.

I never write off theories as 'kooky' without a blatant reason to do so.

The entire process of learning about the potential (there's a pun in there somewhere) for this being an 'electrical' universe adds a new element of possibilities to many such astronomical phenomena as comets, alignments, and such.

I am not of a nature to ridicule. So while I am reassured by the OP, I am not taking it as gospel either.

Hence my request to see counter opinions on the matter. Since we are in BAN, I expect decorum that exceeds the kind of muck people throw at each other in other places.....
edit on 17-8-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You probably know this already, but I understand that Chernyobl is Russian for "Wormwood."

Pretty interesting coincidence... since that "Wormwood" cost many people their lives. But that is a bit off-topic.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is great news. Now I don't have to worry about a bunch of mindless idiots looting, if anything comes from the sky I will be sure to see it for myself.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BGbeauregard
I don't understand why everyone is still focused on Elenin, and yet Asteroid YU55 is getting little to no attention. YU55 is going to pass between the earth and the moon's orbit from November 9th to 11th, with its closest approach being about 325,000 kilometers (201,700 miles) from earth, which is EXTREMELY close. Nasa says it wont hit us, but the slightest change in YU55's orbit could cause it to impact Earth. This ain't no little comet either, YU55 is 1,300 feet (400 meters) in diameter. If it were to hit the Earth, it could kill millions of people easily, the reality would probably be much worse.

Im not trying to scare anybody, and I'm not saying its going to hit Earth, I just don't understand how this Asteroid, that has a much better chance of hitting us, gets nowhere near the attention that Elenin gets.

You raise an excellent point. Perhaps by the time YU55 comes around everyone will be so fatigued of hearing about Elenin that they will stop paying attention.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
GREAT NEWS!!

Thank you MAX

now can the Comet Elenin

BS stop??

I mean the fear mongering hoopla
your going to scare the kid's.

Not a chance, not now, and not ever while earth in this sorry hellstate that it is DUE TO THE LEADERSHIP, NO LESS.

We have to keep on our toes, keep them under our watch, and second guess everything they plan and shout it out, to blow it out in the open and hopefully dissipate it before it occurs. In the very least, I think they deserve to know, we know, the corruption is on their heads by intent, and we're not buying any of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jest3r

yet one of the stereo cameras was being rolled daily to observe Elenin. Seems like a lot of effort for such an insignificant comet. Does any one know if this is standard procedure?

I can't say for sure but perhaps the object is one of scientific curiosity as it appears to be so "young."

"This comet may not put on a great show. Just as certainly, it will not cause any disruptions here on Earth. But there is a cause to marvel," said Yeomans. "This intrepid little traveler will offer astronomers a chance to study a relatively young comet that came here from well beyond our solar system's planetary region. After a short while, it will be headed back out again, and we will not see or hear from Elenin for thousands of years. That's pretty cool."

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

But that's certainly conjecture on my part.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Hang on. I want it to be known that I neither endorse nor refute assertions about this comet. I accept scientific norms and statistically weight data; but one never knows anymore just how ignorant our scientific community can be at times.

Its worth repeating here that you do not have to trust the "scientific community".
You can find out for yourself.
Comet Elenin is bright enough now that any half decent backyard telescope can see it.
Everyone who has seen it, finds it in the expected place. It has never been observed to be "off course".

And also, maybe you dont trust the people (International Astronomical Union) who publish data about what the orbit and the course course of the comet is.
You can find out for yourself.
The details of orbital mechanics are well known (and have been for a few hundred years now) that you yourself can take observations of where comet Elenin is in the sky, follow it for a week or two and take several observations over that time, and then using that set of data *work out the orbit for yourself*.

Even given all the fuss over the comet, no doomsdayer has ever done this.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BGbeauregard

This is what I'm thinking as well. Could Elenin be a red herring? yu55 is going to be right at our front door. Not to mention that it may also impact the moon, which in turn might have consequences with Earth.

There is no denying that there is a huge amount of interest in the next few months as far as doomsday scenarios. I don't think anybody ever thought that Elenin was going to impact us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have followed this site for awhile for good reason. I only expect a handful of people on here to take what little info I have to offer to heart and a good portion will scoff at it or discredit it without further review. Very very few people have the full story on this. I am privy to only a fractional element of the whole. I will say that many of the ELENIN theories are wrong and most of the official information is mass-hysteria control. This is what I have, take it as you will, the readers have far more time and resources to research this that I have or am allowed. Some of you are on the right path.

This is all I can offer, take as you will.

LEONID ELENIN isn't what we are told.
ELENIN is a comet...per say, but don't think of it as an impact scenario, not the threat.
Think of it as an phenomenon and what its presence could bring or introduce as a near-earth object.
This has occurred before.

The name does have significance, fortunately some people out there have a conscious.
Number are key, 27... as in 27th Parallel...Easter Island. The dates circulating around the internet are mostly in the ballpark, my birthday this year is going to probably suck. Anyway, I know it isn't much but its all I have, the information on this "event" is strictly need-to-know basis and panic containment. This is all I can offer that some of you have not already discovered. Please keep researching, this "event" was also one of many reasons for the WikiLeaks fiasco and why they were targeted. We leaked our own information in an effort to go after them before this event could begin to surface.

Sorry this is all I can do and sorry if it only adds to the confusion. Best of luck 145892732

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

I agree, very interesting indeed. I wonder as well, if an impact on the moon would have much effect on us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BGbeauregard

I've been told of visions regarding the moon that alarmed me especially with reports that we may have had a second moon. Or that a second moon impacted with us. That is not elenin. If that happens, that is something else entirely.

Those stories even in the media, also can be false info to cause panic, because they're hiding something and so they draw the attention to a different scenario.

www.voanews.com...

What I think is going on is their fascist depopulation or events, to try and bring in NWO, or stage a kind of disclosure that will be fake, to promote it.

What is going to happen, I believe, is something real, some years down the road, that will stop them and separate those ready for a better planet from those still needing work, who are willing to harm.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That's a very interesting perspective, and one I will be watching for. Thanks for the link!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Very interesting Unity, thanks for the link you provided!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join