It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why can't God have an evil side or be flawed?

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This might be a blasphemous question. But why can't God be evil or have an evil side? Why does everyone need to believe that he is perfect and flawless and all good, all righteous, all just, all loving, etc. just because religion says so?

It just doesn't make sense given our imperfect world that is cold and cruel. In a world where evil rules, where 75 percent of the world live in poverty and suffering, where terrible things happen to good people, where animals have to kill and eat other animals to survive, wouldn't it make more sense for God/the Creator/the programmer of our matrix to be evil, sadistic, or revel in chaos? I mean if you can accept that, wouldn't the world make a lot more sense?

Humans have an evil side with harmful destructive qualities. They are imperfect with flaws and negative traits. So why can't God be the same way? The Old Testament describes God as a "jealous God" with regrets and anger. So why do we need to make him out to be perfect and flawless? Why can't he be flawed?

When I'm talking about God, I'm not necessarily referring to a traditional God, just to whatever mind or consciousness at a higher level or dimension is running things and created us. It could also refer to some computer programmer outside of our universe or dimension who put us in a sort of holographic matrix or super computer simulation, since our universe does have some of the properties of a computer program, as some experts have pointed out. (Google "Are we living in a computer simulation" to find some experts, books and websites about this) I'm just referring to whoever or whatever is running things.

Why can't this Creator or super consciousness be evil and flawed, or at least have an evil side? Or at least have negative/bad/imperfect qualities? It would make more sense wouldn't it, given this cold, cruel, unjust universe that we live in that makes no sense. Everything has a good side and bad side. It's part of the ying and yang of our universe. So why can't that apply to the Creator too? If the creation reflects the creator, then this would make sense, wouldn't it? A perfect Creator cannot create an imperfect world.

What do you think?




posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Th ceator of the universe is beyond our understanding. No religion can really explain God and nor will one ever.
God has no good or evil. Humans were given a free will. It is there that good and evil reside. We have tha ability to manifest either. God will not guide us as to which path we take. Prayer will not help us, only our deeds and how we live our lives.

Be mindful of God and be the best person you can and you will reap the benefits.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Th ceator of the universe is beyond our understanding. No religion can really explain God and nor will one ever.
God has no good or evil. Humans were given a free will. It is there that good and evil reside. We have tha ability to manifest either. God will not guide us as to which path we take. Prayer will not help us, only our deeds and how we live our lives.

Be mindful of God and be the best person you can and you will reap the benefits.


May I just point out that is simply your opinion? Not fact...



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777
 


I think this is a fantastic post, and I share your thoughts often. In my mind, it makes sense that it's some sort of test, and since humans are given free will, we have to graduate beyond our dark side. Maybe this simulation keeps running until we finally get it right.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think there is no such thing as good and evil - they are just value judgements made up by humans.

So yes, whatever "creator" there is contains both sides of what we call good and evil. I think that the universe/God loves us all, but doesn't care what happens to us personally. It is a matter of giving us the free will to create what we desire and whatever comes from that is perfect and divine in its own right. That's not to say I condone murder or any such actions - I tend to see it more as creative vs destructive forces. Both are necessary, both are valid, just one enhances the world and the other makes it worse...though of course these are value judgements as well


Satan is an illusion. In the words of the late prophet Bill Hicks: Ïf you believe in Satan, let me ask you something. What could oppose God's will? NOTHING! Nothing could oppose God's will". In terms of symbolism and metaphor, the Tree of Knowledge and the Apple were a setup - "God" knew we would eat the apple. In fact "He" wanted us to!
edit on 17-8-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
This might be a blasphemous question. But why can't God be evil or have an evil side? Why does everyone need to believe that he is perfect and flawless and all good, all righteous, all just, all loving, etc. just because religion says so?

It just doesn't make sense given our imperfect world that is cold and cruel. In a world where evil rules, where 75 percent of the world live in poverty and suffering, where terrible things happen to good people, where animals have to kill and eat other animals to survive, wouldn't it make more sense for God/the Creator/the programmer of our matrix to be evil, sadistic, or revel in chaos? I mean if you can accept that, wouldn't the world make a lot more sense?

Humans have an evil side with harmful destructive qualities. They are imperfect with flaws and negative traits. So why can't God be the same way? The Old Testament describes God as a "jealous God" with regrets and anger. So why do we need to make him out to be perfect and flawless? Why can't he be flawed?

When I'm talking about God, I'm not necessarily referring to a traditional God, just to whatever mind or consciousness at a higher level or dimension is running things and created us. It could also refer to some computer programmer outside of our universe or dimension who put us in a sort of holographic matrix or super computer simulation, since our universe does have some of the properties of a computer program, as some experts have pointed out. (Google "Are we living in a computer simulation" to find some experts, books and websites about this) I'm just referring to whoever or whatever is running things.

Why can't this Creator or super consciousness be evil and flawed, or at least have an evil side? Or at least have negative/bad/imperfect qualities? It would make more sense wouldn't it, given this cold, cruel, unjust universe that we live in that makes no sense. Everything has a good side and bad side. It's part of the ying and yang of our universe. So why can't that apply to the Creator too? If the creation reflects the creator, then this would make sense, wouldn't it? A perfect Creator cannot create an imperfect world.

What do you think?


We were made in Gods image, so who's to say that God wasn't jealous and bitter, and angry, or even evil sometimes?
I heard that God was a jealous God because the number one Commandment, You Shall Have No Other God But Me.
Exodus 20:2–17
2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3 you shall have no other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
6 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Punishing someone by killing their children is just about as evil as you can get, in my eyes.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Just to name one thing... God is the opposite of evil... He is pure 100% good, he is also very friendly and kind to me personally.. And he wishes for people that don't know him to look for him and he will be there, not far away.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If God IS real, & I AM wrong, then he is nothing BUT pure evil....

Can you dig it???



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Th ceator of the universe is beyond our understanding. No religion can really explain God and nor will one ever.
God has no good or evil. Humans were given a free will. It is there that good and evil reside. We have tha ability to manifest either. God will not guide us as to which path we take. Prayer will not help us, only our deeds and how we live our lives.

Be mindful of God and be the best person you can and you will reap the benefits.


May I just point out that is simply your opinion? Not fact...


May i, in return, point out that...you're saying that this is not fact, is just your opinion?! And all opinions, on the subjective level, are irrelevant!
Akushla



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


Yes, of course. Sorry, I should have put that in my text.
You are 100% correct.

Star for you for spotting my error.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
When you are standing inside a maelstrom, nothing makes sense.
Things are not what they seem...some wear choas as a badge of honour - they are misguided and in the maelstrom. Some question the unquestionable...as if an answer in this realm would ever suffice.
Good & evil are relative concepts which are utilised in this realm to divide...it has worked well...time to reverse it!
There is no hate or evil, only Love...all else is a corruption of Love.
Akushla



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
"God" is flawed....
just take a look at the world around you.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by deanGI5
"God" is flawed....
just take a look at the world around you.


Abnegation of personal responsibility?
Akushla



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777
 


Actually, He's anything you imagine Him to be.

Khar



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
reply to post by WWu777
 


Actually, He's anything you imagine Him to be.

Khar



...he/she, Is your imagination!
Akushla



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Don't forget that Satan and his angels were cast to this planet only. To believe that God has an evil side because of the way this world is, does not make sense. To believe that this world is corrupt, evil, sinful, lustful, etc., because it is headed by the biggest liar, sinner, and murderer in the whole universe, makes a lot more sense.

God gave us a way out of the demonic grip that would easily take hold of every human being had He not intervened. Satan was kicked out of Heaven because God is a hater of iniquity. When Satan and 1/3 of the angels were cast out of Heaven, that is when humans were created (we know this because Satan was there to tempt Eve). The void in Heaven needed to be filled. The Bible says that sin will not be able to rise up again to take control of the world:

Nahum 1:9(KJV) 9What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

Humans are subjected to temptation and other sinful things while here on earth. Those who turn to Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and love God with all their heart, soul, body, and mind, will be those who make it to Heaven. Because those who make it to Heaven will have overcome sin while here on earth, that insures that iniquity will not rise up again. Those who make it to Heaven will thereby perfectly fill that void that was left by the 1/3 of the angels that were cast out of Heaven thousands of years ago.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)
edit on 17-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
Don't forget that Satan and his angels were cast to this planet only. To believe that God has an evil side because of the way this world is, does not make sense. To believe that this world is corrupt, evil, sinful, lustful, etc., because it is headed by the biggest liar, sinner, and murderer in the whole universe, makes a lot more sense.

God gave us a way out of the demonic grip that would easily take hold of every human being had He not intervened. Satan was kicked out of Heaven because God is a hater of iniquity. When Satan and 1/3 of the angels were cast out of Heaven, that is when humans were created (we know this because Satan was there to tempt Eve). The void in Heaven needed to be filled. The Bible says that sin will not be able to rise up again to take control of the world:

Nahum 1:9(KJV) 9What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

Humans are subjected to temptation and other sinful things while here on earth. Those who turn to Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and love God with all their heart, soul, body, and mind, will be those who make it to Heaven. Because those who make it to Heaven will have overcome sin while here on earth, that insures that iniquity will not rise up again. Those who make it to Heaven will thereby perfectly fill that void that was left by the 1/3 of the angels that were cast out of Heaven thousands of years ago.


God gave the angel of light, like god gave all of his creation...free will. The locum where the commission of said free will and its resultant consequences happens to be...is here.
The drama unfolds and refolds upon itself...some scenes get more 'spotlight', consequently the main actors in that scene become famous, or infamous, as the case may be...
We can be as damning and accusatory as we like...we will face the great one, on our own, and will answer to no-one but ourselves, and, require our own retribution...for ourselves...as per the rule of free will.
Akushla



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


Almost mirrored my sentiments above. This is what I believe. The creator gave us free will do live our lives. It is up to us to create good in this world. Unfortunately, we also have the ability to do evil.
We do as we wish, but one day we will have to face up to our actions.

Star for you.



posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I really wish I could believe the free will, but my ability to connect things proving to me that there is only predestination...i can't explain it, but it's like a big computer program....



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join