It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't God have an evil side or be flawed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by akushla99

Almost mirrored my sentiments above. This is what I believe. The creator gave us free will do live our lives. It is up to us to create good in this world. Unfortunately, we also have the ability to do evil.
We do as we wish, but one day we will have to face up to our actions.

Star for you.

...and star for you, my friend.
There are not that many rules. But what rules there are, should be adhered to, and things become so much less complicated.
The deterministic worldview effectively removes us from any real involvement in what 'transpires' around us, and consequently, by definition, absolves us from responsibility while at the same time, affording us no effect. Obviously, this is not how things work!

The 'inclusion' game, allows us to practice judgement and free will (while others are afforded the same liberty)...it is as you have said...the result is the net effect, at any moment, of free will - that gift we all have to work with...
Cheers
Akushla

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
I really wish I could believe the free will, but my ability to connect things proving to me that there is only predestination...i can't explain it, but it's like a big computer program....

...and what of the 'non-free will' to post on a random site?
You are joking, aren't you?!
Akushla

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by WWu777

This is the 3rd thread on this exact subject of a flawed God. Whats up with that?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
This might be a blasphemous question. But why can't God be evil or have an evil side? Why does everyone need to believe that he is perfect and flawless and all good, all righteous, all just, all loving, etc. just because religion says so?

It just doesn't make sense given our imperfect world that is cold and cruel. In a world where evil rules, where 75 percent of the world live in poverty and suffering, where terrible things happen to good people, where animals have to kill and eat other animals to survive, wouldn't it make more sense for God/the Creator/the programmer of our matrix to be evil, sadistic, or revel in chaos? I mean if you can accept that, wouldn't the world make a lot more sense?

Humans have an evil side with harmful destructive qualities. They are imperfect with flaws and negative traits. So why can't God be the same way? The Old Testament describes God as a "jealous God" with regrets and anger. So why do we need to make him out to be perfect and flawless? Why can't he be flawed?

When I'm talking about God, I'm not necessarily referring to a traditional God, just to whatever mind or consciousness at a higher level or dimension is running things and created us. It could also refer to some computer programmer outside of our universe or dimension who put us in a sort of holographic matrix or super computer simulation, since our universe does have some of the properties of a computer program, as some experts have pointed out. (Google "Are we living in a computer simulation" to find some experts, books and websites about this) I'm just referring to whoever or whatever is running things.

Why can't this Creator or super consciousness be evil and flawed, or at least have an evil side? Or at least have negative/bad/imperfect qualities? It would make more sense wouldn't it, given this cold, cruel, unjust universe that we live in that makes no sense. Everything has a good side and bad side. It's part of the ying and yang of our universe. So why can't that apply to the Creator too? If the creation reflects the creator, then this would make sense, wouldn't it? A perfect Creator cannot create an imperfect world.

What do you think?

as far as I know, God has never said anything to anyone.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura

This might be a blasphemous question. But why can't God be evil or have an evil side? Why does everyone need to believe that he is perfect and flawless and all good, all righteous, all just, all loving, etc. just because religion says so?

It just doesn't make sense given our imperfect world that is cold and cruel. In a world where evil rules, where 75 percent of the world live in poverty and suffering, where terrible things happen to good people, where animals have to kill and eat other animals to survive, wouldn't it make more sense for God/the Creator/the programmer of our matrix to be evil, sadistic, or revel in chaos? I mean if you can accept that, wouldn't the world make a lot more sense?

Humans have an evil side with harmful destructive qualities. They are imperfect with flaws and negative traits. So why can't God be the same way? The Old Testament describes God as a "jealous God" with regrets and anger. So why do we need to make him out to be perfect and flawless? Why can't he be flawed?

When I'm talking about God, I'm not necessarily referring to a traditional God, just to whatever mind or consciousness at a higher level or dimension is running things and created us. It could also refer to some computer programmer outside of our universe or dimension who put us in a sort of holographic matrix or super computer simulation, since our universe does have some of the properties of a computer program, as some experts have pointed out. (Google "Are we living in a computer simulation" to find some experts, books and websites about this) I'm just referring to whoever or whatever is running things.

Why can't this Creator or super consciousness be evil and flawed, or at least have an evil side? Or at least have negative/bad/imperfect qualities? It would make more sense wouldn't it, given this cold, cruel, unjust universe that we live in that makes no sense. Everything has a good side and bad side. It's part of the ying and yang of our universe. So why can't that apply to the Creator too? If the creation reflects the creator, then this would make sense, wouldn't it? A perfect Creator cannot create an imperfect world.

What do you think?

as far as I know, God has never said anything to anyone.

This may be the truest statement yet.
What use would an omnipotent being have of the power of speech, when direct communication through thought and/or rarer forms of communication would suffice, and more accurately convey a message?
This would make most of what we hear of what god 'said', merely anecdotal and hearsay...and therefore open to interpretation.
Akushla

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Nah, they're all good questions, but I'll throw some things back at you: let me know when you don't unnderstand me. (Not tha it would be your fault. I'm doing this exausted.)

This might be a blasphemous question. But why can't God be evil or have an evil side?
Simple: When you make the entire universe, you establish the rules that it lives by. I.e., you're the sole authority as to what's right and wrong. Some lesser created being disagrees with you, he doesn't have enough rank to stop you or to prevent himself from either being obedient (lack of free will or choosing to) or suffering the consequences. Even when God sets a standard that you think is evil, you lose by default.

Why does everyone need to believe that he is perfect and flawless and all good, all righteous, all just, all loving, etc. just because religion says so?
1. Going in with the assumtion that the creation perfectly reflects God is a bit of a stretch--so there's no way to base all evidence of what God is on the people around us, the world, or the laws of thermodynamics. We know that this universe is not flawless, but that does not necesscerily reflect on the creator. That's like thinking that the man who invented Binary code was made of binary code or thought only in binary--neither of which are true. As for the multitude of beliefs as to what is right and wrong on this mess of a plannet, since we can't agree at our own level as to the right and wrong of all matters, we can't argue right and wrong with God and expect it to matter to Him. Also refer back to earlier about whether or not we have the right as lesser beings. So, to a Creator, what measure can we judge him by? There is no perfect measure other than one who has enough knowledge to follow where he's been and do the same thing He did.
2. It's not enough to have religion tell you who/what He is, but let Him tell you who He is. In the Judeo-chrsitan belief system, the expectation is that God either directly said things about Himself or used other methods to pass on what He is/ has done.

It just doesn't make sense given our imperfect world that is cold and cruel.
Think like the Matrix. They created a perfect environment for humans and humanity couldn't take it, so they created an imperfect world to keep humans sane. It does hold some similarity in reality. In the Judeo-Christian belief set, this world is not like the world we spend eternity on. It's the practice run that you can fail at. Death means nothing to a creature that can re-constitute or even upgrade your whole life. Plus, have you ever seen a spoiled rich brat? Someone who has never heard no rarely if ever learns gratitude or that good things are a blessing. It's like my poor husband, who until this past year had never experienced a kidney stone. Before then, he was outright a wus, but after that incident, if it ain't kidey stone level pain, it's nothing. Pain causes maturation--without it, and knowledge over good and evil, there would be no reason to ever worry about what evil or good you did to others.

In a world where evil rules, where 75 percent of the world live in poverty and suffering, where terrible things happen to good people, where animals have to kill and eat other animals to survive, wouldn't it make more sense for God/the Creator/the programmer of our matrix to be evil, sadistic, or revel in chaos?
1. That only makes sense if God agrees with what he lets rule. I mean, we vote people into office KNOWING that some of the things that they believe or will do will be very much against our own standards.
2. We're back to the inequality thing, again: when no one equals God, there's no one good enough to do what equals who He is on this Earth, so of course there will be evil done. Having no evil at all would be more likely to question the existence of God.
3. If God did have a set of standards and most people refused to live by the standards he set, why do we think that the consequences of our refusal is His fault? I mean, even to the extreme of thinking that natural disasters are the fault of evil: The OT Law states it as the land tries to vomit out those who sacrifice babies. While I don't think that there's always a correlation, the possiblity that this happens doesn't rest with God, but with the baby-killers.
4. The assumption that a lesser being's death is equivalent to a vegetarian issue. A lot of vegetarians equate killing animals to eat as bein equal to murdering a human. For those who can see a difference in the two, apply it to God vs. Humanity. For those who can't, I'm sorry, you won't be able to grasp this.
5. If this was the only life God intended for us, then maybe this would be the work of 1 sadistic bastard (again, subjective), This world's just a messed-up temp job. And as for whether or not this place is temporary, find a way to prove that the Universe is Eternal with the laws we have at hand. We're aware that a lot of things have an expiration date--including our Sun. Since all things end except for those things outside of time (and why would time exist wihtout a universe?), there is nothing permanant derived from this universe to have hope in anyway. So accepting God or not, you keep focusing on what this world is right now, you'll be preconditioned to be a futilist. You don't run looking at your feet, you run looking at a goal. Don't get me wrong, you can't excape the world and it's atrocicties, and you're only sure of learning in the here andnow, so it's not about having blinders on, but about seeing things as they really are, and doing what is best, irrelevant of the rest of the world.
6. People are stuck with what they know. Most people can't grasp the cocnept of living outside time, let alone the thought of having a chance at a second life better than this time around.

I mean if you can accept that, wouldn't the world make a lot more sense?
Nope, this world would make a lot less sense. Tried going this direction already.

Humans have an evil side with harmful destructive qualities. They are imperfect with flaws and negative traits. So why can't God be the same way?
Again, because He sets the rules.

The Old Testament describes God as a "jealous God" with regrets and anger. So why do we need to make him out to be perfect and flawless? Why can't he be flawed?
Assumption going in is that Jealousy is Evil.
1. Who created this whole thing and who has "mineral rights" on humanity? I'd be rightly angry if someone kept taking away my property. Again, as the created, we have no property rights to ourselves unless the Creator gives them.
2. Most emotions have both a negative and positive aspect. Pride can either allow us to value the job we do, or it can get in the way of us doing a good job. A lot of times the original languages do a better job diffrentiating between the two.
3. Have you ever tried explaining the concept of love to a computer, and have it understand as if it felt what you felt? It's not going to happen. When dealing with a being so much greater in capacity than us, he's going to have to simplify things to a level we might grasp. Jealousy is way oversimplified, but works well enough, and is all we have to understand the situation by.
4. What is the difference between an infant and an adult having feelings toward another adult that leads to sexual behavior? Maturation. The adult is capable of reciprocating and understanding--even coming up with his/her own conclusions about what sexuality should be about. What is an apropriate emotion for the Creator of the Universe due to his laying out how the Universe works to feel towards what he created is very much a 1-sided deal. We're not capable of reciprocating in kind. The only way that this doesn't end in some vague form of pedophilia is if the Creator gives a part of himself to merge with you, making you more than just you--and gives you the chance to mature into something that can start to comprehend reciprocation. Without having this, there is no way a relationship is possible.
5. As far as regrets go, I can think of several times in my life that I've regretted things I must do for the sake of all involved as I was doing them, so this is not necesscerily an indicatior of imperfection in God but of people. Besides, a lot of the time that you see the word perfect in the Bible, it's supposed to be translated as Mature.

Note: (And as for those who would like to point out how I switch back and forth between not knowing how much the creation reflects a Creator, and personification of what I think and feel onto God:
1. If I can find a cause for me to behave similarly to God without doing obvious wrong, then there's a chance a Creator God could do the same.
2. Most the time I stick with creation does not necesserily reflect the Creator because I'm challenging the assumptions that lead to conclusions that make such questions as these possible. The problem is what does reflect the Creator and how do we determine that? Totally seperate from the direct questions right now.

Very much aware of this. Judeo-christian God is jsut a more concrete creature to deal with than some vague amorphous thing out there without much said about who He is.

Why can't this Creator or super consciousness be evil and flawed, or at least have an evil side? Or at least have negative/bad/imperfect qualities?
Remember, judged by who?

It would make more sense wouldn't it, given this cold, cruel, unjust universe that we live in that makes no sense.
Makes perfect sense when this is not the end game plan.

Everything has a good side and bad side. It's part of the ying and yang of our universe.
Assumption that what is here reflects on the Creator, again.

So why can't that apply to the Creator too? If the creation reflects the creator, then this would make sense, wouldn't it? A perfect Creator cannot create an imperfect world.
The last statement is false. The other direction is true: an imperfect Creator cannot create a perfect World. Let's look at it on a smaller scale: the Beatles: they are touted as THE BAND of their era. Are all their songs just as equally as good as each other? Now, let's think about Queen? Bohemian Rhapsody vs.the whole Flash Gordon soundtrack. I do a lot of work by eye, but I know of people who do a mock-up, or sketch study before they make their main masterpiece. One is supposed to be temporary and not be as detailed as the final copy. And some of these people don't need all that prep, but insist on doing it because they perversely like the methodology. Even with the Biblical Creation story in place, a perfect God creates a perfect world he knows is going to be rendered imperfect by the creation he makes, effectively making it the same as if he had never created perfection. So effectively, that's not really different enough for most people to count as making this place perfect because it had the chance to become imperfect. Then God goes back and gives the fallen the chance to redeem themselves with His help--with the end goal of Maturation somewhere closer to His level of perfection, so he can reboot the whole thing back into perfection--this time with creatures that thoroughly have experienced what failure does to the system...no wonder Christians call this the greatest love story ever told.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
Nah, they're all good questions, but I'll throw some things back at you: let me know when you don't unnderstand me. (Not tha it would be your fault. I'm doing this exausted.)

This might be a blasphemous question. But why can't God be evil or have an evil side?
Simple: When you make the entire universe, you establish the rules that it lives by. I.e., you're the sole authority as to what's right and wrong. Some lesser created being disagrees with you, he doesn't have enough rank to stop you or to prevent himself from either being obedient (lack of free will or choosing to) or suffering the consequences. Even when God sets a standard that you think is evil, you lose by default.

Why does everyone need to believe that he is perfect and flawless and all good, all righteous, all just, all loving, etc. just because religion says so?
1. Going in with the assumtion that the creation perfectly reflects God is a bit of a stretch--so there's no way to base all evidence of what God is on the people around us, the world, or the laws of thermodynamics. We know that this universe is not flawless, but that does not necesscerily reflect on the creator. That's like thinking that the man who invented Binary code was made of binary code or thought only in binary--neither of which are true. As for the multitude of beliefs as to what is right and wrong on this mess of a plannet, since we can't agree at our own level as to the right and wrong of all matters, we can't argue right and wrong with God and expect it to matter to Him. Also refer back to earlier about whether or not we have the right as lesser beings. So, to a Creator, what measure can we judge him by? There is no perfect measure other than one who has enough knowledge to follow where he's been and do the same thing He did.
2. It's not enough to have religion tell you who/what He is, but let Him tell you who He is. In the Judeo-chrsitan belief system, the expectation is that God either directly said things about Himself or used other methods to pass on what He is/ has done.

It just doesn't make sense given our imperfect world that is cold and cruel.
Think like the Matrix. They created a perfect environment for humans and humanity couldn't take it, so they created an imperfect world to keep humans sane. It does hold some similarity in reality. In the Judeo-Christian belief set, this world is not like the world we spend eternity on. It's the practice run that you can fail at. Death means nothing to a creature that can re-constitute or even upgrade your whole life. Plus, have you ever seen a spoiled rich brat? Someone who has never heard no rarely if ever learns gratitude or that good things are a blessing. It's like my poor husband, who until this past year had never experienced a kidney stone. Before then, he was outright a wus, but after that incident, if it ain't kidey stone level pain, it's nothing. Pain causes maturation--without it, and knowledge over good and evil, there would be no reason to ever worry about what evil or good you did to others.

In a world where evil rules, where 75 percent of the world live in poverty and suffering, where terrible things happen to good people, where animals have to kill and eat other animals to survive, wouldn't it make more sense for God/the Creator/the programmer of our matrix to be evil, sadistic, or revel in chaos?
1. That only makes sense if God agrees with what he lets rule. I mean, we vote people into office KNOWING that some of the things that they believe or will do will be very much against our own standards.
2. We're back to the inequality thing, again: when no one equals God, there's no one good enough to do what equals who He is on this Earth, so of course there will be evil done. Having no evil at all would be more likely to question the existence of God.
3. If God did have a set of standards and most people refused to live by the standards he set, why do we think that the consequences of our refusal is His fault? I mean, even to the extreme of thinking that natural disasters are the fault of evil: The OT Law states it as the land tries to vomit out those who sacrifice babies. While I don't think that there's always a correlation, the possiblity that this happens doesn't rest with God, but with the baby-killers.
4. The assumption that a lesser being's death is equivalent to a vegetarian issue. A lot of vegetarians equate killing animals to eat as bein equal to murdering a human. For those who can see a difference in the two, apply it to God vs. Humanity. For those who can't, I'm sorry, you won't be able to grasp this.
5. If this was the only life God intended for us, then maybe this would be the work of 1 sadistic bastard (again, subjective), This world's just a messed-up temp job. And as for whether or not this place is temporary, find a way to prove that the Universe is Eternal with the laws we have at hand. We're aware that a lot of things have an expiration date--including our Sun. Since all things end except for those things outside of time (and why would time exist wihtout a universe?), there is nothing permanant derived from this universe to have hope in anyway. So accepting God or not, you keep focusing on what this world is right now, you'll be preconditioned to be a futilist. You don't run looking at your feet, you run looking at a goal. Don't get me wrong, you can't excape the world and it's atrocicties, and you're only sure of learning in the here andnow, so it's not about having blinders on, but about seeing things as they really are, and doing what is best, irrelevant of the rest of the world.
6. People are stuck with what they know. Most people can't grasp the cocnept of living outside time, let alone the thought of having a chance at a second life better than this time around.

I mean if you can accept that, wouldn't the world make a lot more sense?
Nope, this world would make a lot less sense. Tried going this direction already.

Humans have an evil side with harmful destructive qualities. They are imperfect with flaws and negative traits. So why can't God be the same way?
Again, because He sets the rules.

The Old Testament describes God as a "jealous God" with regrets and anger. So why do we need to make him out to be perfect and flawless? Why can't he be flawed?
Assumption going in is that Jealousy is Evil.
1. Who created this whole thing and who has "mineral rights" on humanity? I'd be rightly angry if someone kept taking away my property. Again, as the created, we have no property rights to ourselves unless the Creator gives them.
2. Most emotions have both a negative and positive aspect. Pride can either allow us to value the job we do, or it can get in the way of us doing a good job. A lot of times the original languages do a better job diffrentiating between the two.
3. Have you ever tried explaining the concept of love to a computer, and have it understand as if it felt what you felt? It's not going to happen. When dealing with a being so much greater in capacity than us, he's going to have to simplify things to a level we might grasp. Jealousy is way oversimplified, but works well enough, and is all we have to understand the situation by.
4. What is the difference between an infant and an adult having feelings toward another adult that leads to sexual behavior? Maturation. The adult is capable of reciprocating and understanding--even coming up with his/her own conclusions about what sexuality should be about. What is an apropriate emotion for the Creator of the Universe due to his laying out how the Universe works to feel towards what he created is very much a 1-sided deal. We're not capable of reciprocating in kind. The only way that this doesn't end in some vague form of pedophilia is if the Creator gives a part of himself to merge with you, making you more than just you--and gives you the chance to mature into something that can start to comprehend reciprocation. Without having this, there is no way a relationship is possible.
5. As far as regrets go, I can think of several times in my life that I've regretted things I must do for the sake of all involved as I was doing them, so this is not necesscerily an indicatior of imperfection in God but of people. Besides, a lot of the time that you see the word perfect in the Bible, it's supposed to be translated as Mature.

Note: (And as for those who would like to point out how I switch back and forth between not knowing how much the creation reflects a Creator, and personification of what I think and feel onto God:
1. If I can find a cause for me to behave similarly to God without doing obvious wrong, then there's a chance a Creator God could do the same.
2. Most the time I stick with creation does not necesserily reflect the Creator because I'm challenging the assumptions that lead to conclusions that make such questions as these possible. The problem is what does reflect the Creator and how do we determine that? Totally seperate from the direct questions right now.

Very much aware of this. Judeo-christian God is jsut a more concrete creature to deal with than some vague amorphous thing out there without much said about who He is.

Why can't this Creator or super consciousness be evil and flawed, or at least have an evil side? Or at least have negative/bad/imperfect qualities?
Remember, judged by who?

It would make more sense wouldn't it, given this cold, cruel, unjust universe that we live in that makes no sense.
Makes perfect sense when this is not the end game plan.

Everything has a good side and bad side. It's part of the ying and yang of our universe.
Assumption that what is here reflects on the Creator, again.

So why can't that apply to the Creator too? If the creation reflects the creator, then this would make sense, wouldn't it? A perfect Creator cannot create an imperfect world.
The last statement is false. The other direction is true: an imperfect Creator cannot create a perfect World. Let's look at it on a smaller scale: the Beatles: they are touted as THE BAND of their era. Are all their songs just as equally as good as each other? Now, let's think about Queen? Bohemian Rhapsody vs.the whole Flash Gordon soundtrack. I do a lot of work by eye, but I know of people who do a mock-up, or sketch study before they make their main masterpiece. One is supposed to be temporary and not be as detailed as the final copy. And some of these people don't need all that prep, but insist on doing it because they perversely like the methodology. Even with the Biblical Creation story in place, a perfect God creates a perfect world he knows is going to be rendered imperfect by the creation he makes, effectively making it the same as if he had never created perfection. So effectively, that's not really different enough for most people to count as making this place perfect because it had the chance to become imperfect. Then God goes back and gives the fallen the chance to redeem themselves with His help--with the end goal of Maturation somewhere closer to His level of perfection, so he can reboot the whole thing back into perfection--this time with creatures that thoroughly have experienced what failure does to the system...no wonder Christians call this the greatest love story ever told.

Detailed, deliberate and eloquent...I star You.
Akushla

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Well I think that Satan is gods evil side, And everything is created from one, Therefor all Good & Evil is the same because god loves all his creations, But I don't like the Evil so I tend to stick to the Good.
edit on 17-8-2011 by MoneyIsWorthless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Here's the thing.

Because He's God He decides what is good or evil, not we.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
God is flawed , he created Man and let him run amok, killing and hurting for no reason.
If God is good then why did he let Man do the things he has done and not interferred?
But God is good as well but then again we all create God in our own image and I know I am flawed.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I believe the gnostics believe in a flawed god that is jealous of the most high good according to their story. The demi god is supposedly the creator of this world whose mother is Sophia or wisdom. The story goes on to say he is in a cloud of ignorance and does not know where he gets his power from therefore thinking he is all powerful.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
Don't forget that Satan and his angels were cast to this planet only. To believe that God has an evil side because of the way this world is, does not make sense. To believe that this world is corrupt, evil, sinful, lustful, etc., because it is headed by the biggest liar, sinner, and murderer in the whole universe, makes a lot more sense.

God gave us a way out of the demonic grip that would easily take hold of every human being had He not intervened. Satan was kicked out of Heaven because God is a hater of iniquity. When Satan and 1/3 of the angels were cast out of Heaven, that is when humans were created (we know this because Satan was there to tempt Eve). The void in Heaven needed to be filled. The Bible says that sin will not be able to rise up again to take control of the world:

Nahum 1:9(KJV) 9What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

Humans are subjected to temptation and other sinful things while here on earth. Those who turn to Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and love God with all their heart, soul, body, and mind, will be those who make it to Heaven. Because those who make it to Heaven will have overcome sin while here on earth, that insures that iniquity will not rise up again. Those who make it to Heaven will thereby perfectly fill that void that was left by the 1/3 of the angels that were cast out of Heaven thousands of years ago.
I still don't understand why God, loving and of peace, throws us into this world with Satan and is not viewed as the least bit flawed. If God is the all powerful creator of everything, then he can provide us a life not subjected to Satan's evil. If he cannot, then he is not the all powerful creator he is made out to be.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
God has a very evil side.

They are called believers who live their lives in his name and some of them are utterly wicked while pretending to be pure and rightious.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
God Creates Evil And Peace

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

and check these two scriptures out....who's doing what here????

"AND Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel." (I Chronicles 21:1)

"AND again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah." (II Samuel 24:1)
edit on 17-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
THUS SAYS THE LORD...

9 “Woe to him who strives with him who formed him,
a pot among earthen pots!
Does the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’
or ‘Your work has no handles’?
10 Woe to him who says to a father, ‘What are you begetting?’
or to a woman, ‘With what are you in labor?’”

11 Thus says the Lord,
the Holy One of Israel, and the one who formed him:
“Ask me of things to come;
will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands?
12 I made the earth
and created man on it;
it was my hands that stretched out the heavens,
and I commanded all their host.
13 I have stirred him up in righteousness,
and I will make all his ways level;
he shall build my city
and set my exiles free,
not for price or reward,”
says the Lord of hosts.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
THUS SAYS THE LORD...

3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. 4 In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons?

“My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord,
nor be weary when reproved by him.
6 For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives.”

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The world isn't sociopathic because of God. That is completely humanity's doing.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Satan is a boogeyman invented by the church to personify evil. Blaming Satan for the evil of the world only shifts the blame from the humans who perpetuate it.

God is everything, and perfect. Therefore he contains both good and evil.

Heres a piece of a post I wrote some time ago:

Some have asked, why would a perfect God create such an imperfect universe? But they define perfect in human terms; a perfect life of contentment with no suffering. What does perfection really mean? Complete. Flawless. And looking at the bigger picture, at the macroscopic universe around us, everything is perfect. Everything works with flawless effeciency, fine tuned laws of physics keep it that way. If there was even one flaw the universe would not sustain itself; its parts would not be held in balance as they are. Creation and destruction are all part of the process.

Source Post

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

If you were a software programmer and made a good living creating new interactive games, guess who makes the rules of each game? God, the author, creator, designer, programmer, of our universe and all life, made all the rules under which we operate this interactive game we call "our lives". Would it make sense to you if God created rules that made Him a bad guy? Would that be a sane thing to do? All of the bad news in the world is a result of mankind's failures, not God's.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Good and evil are just two sides of the same coin. In my opinion God has the ability for both as humans do, otherwise he would not be almighty, he must be able to do the same things that mere humans can.

The question is.. what is truely good and purely evil? It's just a line drawn in the sand by man. Of course, what's truely right and wrong lies in the individuals conscience, only you as an individual know whats right and wrong.

But then if you were bought up in a completey backwards way, mentally speaking. It would be possible to believe that the opposite choices to those of our current choosing would twist your very conscience like a mirror image of yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join