It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 12 strongest militaries

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
UK, New Zealand, Australia who can tell them apart? Everyone knows they cover the door and then blow themselves up at the last moment to buy some more time. We might have some crazy Japanese secret weapon in our pockets just for kicks but its always the Americans that knock em down and kick em a few times.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I should have known better.

What a waste of time on this thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
Not true sorry fan boy it really doesn't matter anyway if we wanted to mess you up it wouldn't be with special forces. LOL alot of talk coming from people who's cops cant stop 16 year olds from firebombing houses and businesses
edit on 16-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

Where as your special forces blow up hostages using grenades on a rescue mission.

The US might have some of the best tech but it doesnt even make the top 10 in the best trained forces.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
UK, New Zealand, Australia who can tell them apart? Everyone knows they cover the door and then blow themselves up at the last moment to buy some more time. We might have some crazy Japanese secret weapon in our pockets just for kicks but its always the Americans that knock em down and kick em a few times.

i thought americas best weapon was friendly fire lol
chuck enough troops at it and your gunna win

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
China is DECADES from competing militarily with the United States of America or Russia. That is a fact. If we eliminate nuclear arsenals from the equation (which the U.S. and Russia both have more of), we are left with cold, hard facts.

The U.S.' naval dominance is the TRUE representation of our GLOBAL military force projection. We have 11 FULL fleets actively in operation, with nearly a dozen or so more "ghost" fleets that could be called into service at any given moment. China has just NOW gotten a 20 year old, Russian-built "carrier" "operational". I say "carrier" because it is nearly a full generation and a half behind the U.S.' carriers. The U.S. and Russia will have next-generation naval capabilities by the time China can put together a few untested fleets.

The U.S. and Russia also posses the ability to project their top-class ground and air assets anywhere in the world in hours. China's tech is still sub-par for a "superpower," despite how many half-ready (they haven't/can't land planes on it yet) carriers they flaunt or PROTOTYPE stealth-fighters/bombers they show off.

About the only thing China possesses that is of value is numbers, which is useful only for mounting ground campaigns and/or fending off an invasion. They can rest easy though, no major power is going to war with each other anytime soon. We are all tied into economic "mutually assured destruction," much in the same way we are nuclear weaponized.

I would put the top 4:

1.) The United States of America
2.) Russia
3./4.) I believe the People's Republic of China and India could honestly even out if you take EXPERIENCE, training, equipment and size into consideration.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
i agree that britain has the best trained special forces but the rest of the army (which was once up there in the top 5) is now sooo under funded and under manned that id say its nearer to double digits now. and thats not me putting britain down, im actually british myself

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
your gunna win

thanks about what I thought

training? all the training in the world could never replace action, who sees the most action

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

Originally posted by DaveNorris
your gunna win

thanks about what I thought

training? all the training in the world could never replace action, who sees the most action

thats a good point, but who knows which military sees the most action as every country has secret operations that the rest of the world dont know anything about.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Aliens from another planet
with advanced technologies

should be the first in your list

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
undisputed number 1: USA

its arguable between China and Russia at the moment for number two. Russia has an edge over china in terms of technology, but the size and strength of the Chinese army is not a force to be overlooked.

rest of the world pretty much drops off dramatically.

but for the poster that mentioned new zealand.......

kiwis in war = send 30 people to middle east to stand around and 'peace keep'. the New Zealand army is a joke and a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sw847

but for the poster that mentioned new zealand.......

kiwis in war = send 30 people to middle east to stand around and 'peace keep'. the New Zealand army is a joke and a waste of time.

Yeah, a real waste of time: Willie Apiata

www.nzhistory.net.nz...

NZSAS

The New Zealand SAS is held in high regard internationally, as demonstrated by the United States Presidential Citation which was awarded to the NZSAS on 7 December 2004

Quote from link directly above.

But that's o.k., you can continue being ignorant.

Of course we're not in the top 12 ( it was a self-deprecating Antipodean pisstake, but because it wasn't obvious it went over your head, obviously), and nor would we wish to be, but treat us lightly at your peril.
edit on 19-8-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by aorAki because: peril

edit on 19-8-2011 by aorAki because: quote details

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join