It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 12 strongest militaries

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Who are the 12 strongest militaries?
in my opinion:
1. USA (but getting weaker)
2. China (catching up to the US very fast)
3. Russia
4. India (very big population/army)
5. UK (best special force, the SAS)
6. Turkey
7. France
8. Pakistan
9. Brazil
10. Iran
11. Germany
12. Japan
13. Israel
what are your opinions?
and this is only for fun so dont go too serious

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

#1 Switzerland, because they require every man to serve in the military for at least basic training and to keep their government issued weapon in their home for a certain time in case of an invasion, but has a strict non-intervention policy. There are other things that can make something strong than brute force. A sharp mind and an honorable moral code are the things that I regard as the strongest attributes anyone or any group can have. The Swiss have demonstrated this time and time again.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

UK (best special force, the SAS lol it depends on what they are trained to do i guessing your from the uk thats why you put it. America has a bunch of different types of special forces there's the navy SEALS, army delta force, air force Pararescue Jumper, Marine RECON and MARSOC. All are trained to do different things.
edit on 16-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)
I'm not saying the SAS isnt bad arse i just saying it depends on the type of job they are doing

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That's a top 13 my friend

But what do you base this upon? I mean, North Korea (most likely) has nukes, so shouldn't they be in there?

Do you have scale of strength? This is to arbritrary in my opinion...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
North Korea has some very good special forces.

Not sure if their entire military is that good though.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

I'm just going to be random here and name countries off the top of my head.

1: People's Republic of China: Because of the knowledge of the people and soliders; as well the population ready for war even if they are not in the military.

2: USA: Losing interest around the globe but will always be in the top 5!

3: Russia: Need I say anything else?

4: South Korea

5: North Korea: Computer hackers that down even the U.S. if we're not careful enough with them.

6: U.K.

7: Israel

8: India

9: Pakistan

10: Republic of Taiwan

11: Japan

12: Iran

13: Venezuela

14: Cuba

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

No china didn't have a good navy yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

They have a large military. But what can stop the U.S. is hacking computers and learning about battle plans. 21st century version of the Art of War. I believe the U.S. needs to start converting our military to learn about computers if we don't want to be out done by China and North Korea.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
US
India
Russia
China

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Don't forget the Aussie SAS are the best in the world at reconnaissance, stated time and time again by numerous generals from Britain and America, plus others.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I didn't put North Korea in because i read somewhere that they only have enough equipment to last only a week in a war.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

I'm in the info sec field right. Our problem isn't computer hackers like you might think. Most of the info that got out was through corporate espionage tactics aka people on the inside

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by GLaDOS

UK (best special force, the SAS lol it depends on what they are trained to do i guessing your from the uk thats why you put it. America has a bunch of different types of special forces there's the navy SEALS, army delta force, air force Pararescue Jumper, Marine RECON and MARSOC. All are trained to do different things.
I'm not saying the SAS isnt bad arse i just saying it depends on the type of job they are doing

edit on 16-8-2011 b)y pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

lol the US special forces compare to a lot of other nations Army/Marines are poorly trained soldiers

EVERYONE knows the British SAS are the nost highly trained regiment in the world capable of all military operations(the SBS by sea) If you wanna talk about the Brits you should know that their Marines are more highly trained than US Delta Force/Seals lol

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You all have some interesting picks and orderings...

US
Russia
China
India
UK
Turkey
South Korea
France
Japan
Israel
Iran
Germany
Taiwan
Pakistan

www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I need some criteria on what "best" means.

I can have a ten million man army, and it doesn't mean squat if I can't move them, or keep them supplied.

I can have the badest men, and it not matter because they haven't discipline rank and file.

I can have a ten-thousand man super team, and it doesn't matter if I can't put them where the action is and then retrieve them.

I can have all the best toys, and it not matter when none of the people wielding them haven't any warrior spirit.

I can have all the discipline in the World, and it won't matter if they can't think for themselves on the ground.

I can have an army to beat all others, and it not matter when the fight is in the sky or across the sea.

I can have the meanest disciplined army, and it mean nothing if I can't see my enemy.

I need some criteria as to what the "best" military means.

The US has the best military, because they can put a good solidier anywhere, anytime, immediately, and keep that soldier supplied for the length of the mission. Hands down, they win.

Now, for the best trained individual soldiers, I can't say that I would necessarily give that one to the USA.
edit on 2011/8/16 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Based on who's rating?

Yours? I am not so sure about many on the list.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Israel includes the women in their mandatory service as well, not just men.

As for the strong moral code of the swiss it must not carry over to their bankers.

lets not forget this as well, it will take a long time for any country to "catch" up with 698,105,000,000 every year for how many years now?

List of countries by millitary expendatures
edit on 16-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Poland also as all of what you have stated.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
New Zealand , of course!

We're so hardcore we don't need an air force, such good swimmers we don't need a navy and so awesomely intimidating that we don't need a proper army. Our SAS are the hard-arse bastards doing the dirty work for the soft Yanks in Afghanistan.

Of course, I approve that our military is dwindling. Perhaps others could learn from our example and realise that you don't need a big, state-of-the-art military to be a team player, or an influential one.

Hahahaha

edit on 16-8-2011 by aorAki because: edit needed.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnusualSuspect

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by GLaDOS

edit on 16-8-2011 b)y pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

lol the US special forces compare to a lot of other nations Army/Marines are poorly trained soldiers

EVERYONE knows the British SAS are the nost highly trained regiment in the world capable of all military operations(the SBS by sea) If you wanna talk about the Brits you should know that their Marines are more highly trained than US Delta Force/Seals lol
Not true sorry fan boy it really doesn't matter anyway if we wanted to mess you up it wouldn't be with special forces. LOL alot of talk coming from people who's cops cant stop 16 year olds from firebombing houses and businesses

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join