It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible for a Ghost to live in another person's body? Take over it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qouth The Raven
Greetings all

...are nothing more than energy residue lingering in a place,and those who are sensitive to it,feel it as if it is almost solid and perhaps threatening..

Hi Quoth The Raven...

I have also considered this and they do fade so perhaps this supports the residual energy.

if you watch alot of the paranormal nonsense on tv shows or read it online and in books written by profiteers,you're going to twitch and tingle when air moves in a still room or a sound emanates in a quiet sleeping house or graveyard.

I avoid the television....so that is not it but I do consider that it could influence a person's mind.

Do I think certain of us have the ability to project astrally? No.But I think they'd like to believe they can,so,they do,in their minds. Be careful what you listen to,and believe as truth.

What about OBEs? I experienced trauma and was out of my body...and saw another place...and that place is the astral plane, so based on my experiences I believe that this place does exist.

thx for sharing... I respect what you have offered up... I did like the wiKn bit...
I dabbled for a while and I also don't say too much about it

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
By "Ghosts", do you simply mean discarnate consciousness?
Anything is possible, so I suppose they could co-habit a body if the original owner was not too connected - perhaps by way of illness.

There are many stories of people who were dying or had died, but then miraculously recovered, but to the dismay of their family and friends they had a completely different personality.
In this case the "ghost" or discarnate consciousness simply moved into the empty body.
Sort of like moving into a vacant house. The original owner had abandoned it.

I don't think that a fully aware, healthy person can have his body invaded by any sort of entity.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
By "Ghosts", do you simply mean discarnate consciousness?

I would like to see what NocturnalPhantom has to say about discarnate consciousness...
that is a very interesting term.

There are many stories of people who were dying or had died, but then miraculously recovered, but to the dismay of their family and friends they had a completely different personality.
In this case the "ghost" or discarnate consciousness simply moved into the empty body.
Sort of like moving into a vacant house. The original owner had abandoned it.

hmmm very interesting!

I actually believe that is possible and there maybe some 'sharing' going on for whatever reason...to help the person or get a chance to do things the ghost wants.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Neat trick how you snip posts into pieces and respond directly to certain bits..I need to figure out how to do that myself.

I know how I said what I said sounds as if I see the world in absolutes,all black n white. In fact,it's rather grey and lines blur at the edges for me,particularly with the paranormal,astral travel etc. I dream,at times rather vividly and intense,and there have been many times that I felt as if I had fought on the astral,throwing an athame at an attacker. There are others,but that one in particular illustrates that I do get how we can believe that we can,in fact,tap into the next level of our own spirit experience. In my own experience,things I have felt and 'seen' thru candle gazing,I know beyond doubt that some of us do have abilities that are exceptional. It's how to tap into them,develop and control them that is the tricky part. I also believe in the power absolute when it comes to pure will,and unshakable faith. Add raw emotion to the mix and we can do remarkable things. I say here,however,that I feel that alot of what people think about the ability to astral project is really wishful thinking..that if they 'feel' or 'see' something,anything,while in an emotional state,it is the mind trying to create for them what they want so badly. IDK,big subject,alot of variables and since anything IS possible,the probability begs to be questioned.

You say you experienced a trauma that you believe caused you an OBE? I would love to hear about your experience,if you feel comfortable sharing the details here. Like you,all of us,I have come here to exchange ideas,experiences and knowledge as well as the truths as I know them,but above all,I have come here to learn,and to grow.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I would like to add here,that in regard to Wicca,it is a religion. A beautiful and powerful religion,but,a religion just the same. I am of the mind set that to truly know a thing,it must be lived,so,I went,I learned,I lived it and got what I needed from it,then moved on. That has been my general treatment of all religions that I felt worthy of my time,energy and thought. I am not religious and believe that religion and the divisions it creates is the single greatest cause of the suffering of the planets population since we first began to bend our knee to an omnipotent ubiquitous creator of all. I may pay for my non belief in the end when the gods of other worlds come back to smack us down for screwing everything up so bad,but there you go. lol!

Also,for some time now,I have been experiencing the dark night of the soul,and it tends to make those who are in it's grip rather flat,spiritually speaking,so I beg your forgiveness if I have at any point,offended any of you. It is not my intent to upset or dispute what others believe they can believe in as an absolute. There is great comfort for most people in the faith in a higher power such as the Christian God etc. I understand that,and respect the need for it. We must each of us follow our own path thru life,and mine has taken many twists and turnings.

I am a very spiritual being,and so I do believe that there are things that can touch us,that are unseen. Perhaps the energies I call on,are what you call ghosts..Who knows?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You say you experienced a trauma that you believe caused you an OBE? I would love to hear about your experience,if you feel comfortable sharing the details here. Like you,all of us,I have come here to exchange ideas,experiences and knowledge as well as the truths as I know them,but above all,I have come here to learn,and to grow.

I was very confused after ward because I did not understand a) what I was feeling and b) how to describe the experiences I had... I just did not have the knowledge to make sense of it. Now I do and that helps...

simple: I had a MVA (Black out) and went to the other side. Due to head injury I convulsed 3 months afterward (I was vey sick) and was 'away' for 3 hours...at the time I felt like it was only 3 or 4 minutes... but I was definitely on the astral plane and saw things there...
so really freaky to 'be' here but if I died... being in another place immediately...

part of the confusion was 'my beliefs'... I expected to see other things...yanno heaven etc... it isn't like that.
I call this place the astral plane...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

"According to occult teachings the astral plane can be visited consciously through astral projection, meditation and mantra, near death experience, lucid dreaming, or other means. Individuals that are trained in the use of the astral vehicle can separate their consciousness in the astral vehicle from the physical body at will...."

en.wikipedia.org...

"Trained"?? By whom? Are you with me yet?

Here's where I'm at regarding this subject-Strictly my opinion reached at this point by spending far too much time thinking deep thoughts on it,so please take it in as such.

Everything I (we) know,about any subject,is what other people "teach" /convince us of thru theory,conjecture,opinion etc.,as well as personal individual experiences and the understandings we try and gain from them. We have all been programmed since birth,and perhaps even in the womb,by the thought,reasoning,opinion,practices,epiphanies etc,of someone other than ourself..some higher mind and greater philosophy. We are seekers of answers by nature. We have an almost desperate desire(need)to have things,phenomena we don't fully comprehend or can't fully explain,make perfect sense to us,so,in absence of that,we create our own truths based in great part on the explanations of other people,great and small alike.We continually look outside ourselves for validation,corroboration..It makes it easier to live in our skin,and mind. 'This HAS to make sense! I saw it,"felt" it..but,I was asleep(unconscious),so...I can't really be sure it really happened. Has it ever happened to you? Yea? Awesome! I think we're on to something!' Then there follows the exchanging of recommendations to reading materials,exercises that are said to work to help us develop further our so-called "gift" and the sharing of experiences and thoughts on just what it was THAT happened,IS happening,and what it all means for us. It perpetuates itself nicely and is an endless loop.

The assertion by many that there is an astral plane that we can visit at will or by accident is a very old idea,a concept,and more and more I see it as just that..an idea and concept,much like the Christian concept of a scary threatening godhead and his counterpart a big scheming devil and a heaven or a hell as an afterlife destination.
Religion,every single one,works to convince us that there is more to our reality than what can be seen,and that if we live according to a set of rules of conduct presumably set forth BY this god,we can expect our eternal soul to kick back in greener pastures with it's buddies who were also 'good' while they were in their meat suits,or if we ignore the rules of conduct and thought we can expect to flop around in some state of purgatory all alone and going nowhere,or,the other alternative-an absolute destination designed to punish us where we wail and moan and "burn" in unending torture,forever.
We are fed a set of ideas. We don't want to believe that this one life,this one plane-the material-is really all there is,and that once bodily function ceases for us,we cease to exist and there ain't no commin' back except in photographs and in the memory of others,or in books,ballads and hymns if we made our time here noticed by enough people by our actions.

We are remarkable creatures,we humans. Our minds are so powerful,our faith so monumental and stubborn. If we believe in a thing,with every fiber of our being,then it becomes fact,real,and takes on a life of it's own. It controls us completely once we reach that level of dedication to it. It binds us so tightly that our conviction is that OUR belief is the only true belief and anyone who believes differently than we do,is wrong,and in some extremist cases,must die.

If I ask anyone,of any religious faith,what they believe,they will parrot what they have been told they should believe,which comes from source materials,in books,written by men. Or women in some cases,but mere mortals with an agenda in every case. Religion is dangerous,but not near as dangerous as those who put all their faith in it as an absolute and trust in it blindly. I feel the same about this belief in the 7 planes of existence and the goal of trying to reach any but the one we are standing on right now. If you grab onto it too tightly,everything else fades back and all hope of working toward other things is lost. It will consume us,just like any form of zealotry will. And I suppose that my feeling this way is why I am not religious or on fire for anything along these lines,be it the search for god or a higher plane of being. But to each his own.

So to address your OP,no,I do not think that there are swirling "ghosts"-the restless unascended souls of the dead-just waiting for us to drop our guard so they can steal our body from us and get back to the unfinished business of living and I don't believe the floaty little orbs only seen on bad camera shots are any kind of proof of anything,at all,ever. The very idea is laughable in my opinion. Do I believe that there are energies that cannot be seen,but can be felt and 'worked' with to achieve an end to our means? Yes,absolutely. And these energies have nothing to do with anything outside what naturally occurs and is intrinsic to the planet and the universe.

What are your thoughts? Can you change my perspective,show me a different possibility somehow?

Logic rules the day for me anymore I'm afraid.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: spellcheck

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Can you change my perspective,show me a different possibility somehow?

Logic rules the day for me anymore I'm afraid.

Hi there...

I am not trying to change your perspective. I respect your view. I am merely discussing the issue.

I am at work so will come back and respond to the points you raised and just quickly...I do agree with pretty much all you have said.

I have a different view of some things and will come back to explain...

cheers

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I look forward to it. And I am open to any and all ideas..perspectives are changeable,given valid cause.

Till then.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Personally, I have had no experience with being possessed by any kind of entity but my friend honestly believes that she occasionally gets possessed by a long-dead family friend of hers. She believes this so adamantly that I don't have the heart to tell her how skeptical I am about it. She also believes she can speak to this family friend whenever she wants and often calls upon her for guidance. That's why I don't dispute her - if it's helping her though tough times, then who am I to take that away from her?

However, there HAVE been some really bizarre instances where she's told me things about my deceased father that she couldn't have possibly known and this sends a shiver down my spine, despite my skepticism.

If I am to believe in normal spirits possessing you, I would guess the most common times are when mediums contact the dead and speak for them. The rest of the time it's usually demons or other evil entities that possess you.

Maybe visit a well-renowned medium in your area to find out for sure? Make sure you get good word-of-mouth references for them though, I've been to one and I felt quite disappointed afterwards, as most of the things she said to me were way off the mark.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join