It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible for a Ghost to live in another person's body? Take over it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I think we can sometimes underestimate ourselves. We are all potentially very powerful, but not all of us are very wise, so corroboration can be a good idea, from more experienced people, I mean.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

My mother and two of my sisters are Spiritualist in religion and often go to a spiritualist church. I've heard them convey some extremely precise information from the mediums there, enough to believe that at least some of them are genuine. I think mediumship is just the western equivalent of shamanism.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NocturnalPhantom

Some people have a lot of knowledge about this stuff but as you said earlier...you don't talk about it too much cos in England people might think you are crazy? I don't. The link nh_ee posted was from a spiritual church and it was very informative...really helpful.

I hope you don't mind but I added you to my list of friends

Your lucky if you have people around you that are open to talking about these things...

I think thats why I meditated so much because I could not find the answers I was looking for. People just don't talk about ghosts or paranormal stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I added you to mine about half hour ago! Always feel free to drop by my profile and leave a comment. I don't know that many people with the same interests as mine, so it's always good.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yeah, over here most people are atheist and think anyone into paranormal is insane! Mind you when it comes to dogmatic organised religion, I'm not that sympathetic.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I sure will... and thanks so much! It has been great to chat about these things!!
It is so refreshing...
I will try to meditate on this and see what 'my mind' shows me

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

It's been a pleasure and I'm happy for us to continue talking about all these things and more via our private messaging. Got a lot of ideas I'm just dying to explore.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

yep I can't wait to meditate now and see what my mind shows me... I feel quite refreshed and inspired now...haven't felt positive about the paranormal issues for ages...so thank you for that!

Most people are really negative about it. Like the site I looked at was that ghosts are bad and evil...but I don't think that. As soon as I read the negative views about it, I was like...na not reading anymore.

I think some ghosts can be like guides or helpers for eg:

I was only 18 or so years old and I was standing right on the curb side waiting for the walk sign. It was dark cos winter and I really was not thinking about danger...just wandering home from work. I was living in Sydney then and I felt a hand on my back and stepped back to turn to see who it was and there was no one there... just as I did that... I felt my hair woosh by and heard people gasp. A truck went by and if I had not stepped back when I did, I would have been clipped by the truck and injured possibly killed...so afterward I walked home and kept wondering who touched my back?

It must have been a ghost or a guide and that saved me that night so I am not negative about the afterlife.

many other things have happened but I don't talk about them so it will be good to share and open up

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I agree that some spirits can be helpers. If we are part of a bigger mind, then presumably it cares about itself (which includes us), and will send a part of itself to some other part that is having trouble.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I know several people who have had paranormal experiences including family members, but unfortunately, in 36 1/2 years on this earth, I've never been lucky enough to have one...YET! It ain't fair that it always happens to those who crap themselves and don't like it, yet most of us who actually WANT something to happen don't get to see bugger all! But yes, speaking (well typing) with you has left me refreshed and enthusiastic to look further into things, just as I was beginning to give up, so thank you too!
edit on 18/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

maybe that means your really capable of looking after yourself and don't need the help? But I do feel that there is always someone around you...a book I once read referred to them as 'invisible helpers'. I believe that these invisible helpers are never far away...

anyway, I was thinking if you would like to try an experiment?
I would like to meditate and go to the HS place and see if we can meet up? LOL

ok... I wont be able to meditate for at least a couple of hours but if you would like to try it? In my meditation I will wear a white dress. I will wait there and see if we can connect that way or send a message?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Sure, I'd like to try that. I haven't tried anything like it with someone else though, so it might not work, but even so, meditation is always beneficial.

I think most of us need help, but if we were able to realise our true nature, then the need for it probably wouldn't arise in the first place.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

it was absolutely hopeless last night...
can't seem to meditate like I used to...
mwah

I don't get past the 1st level ... which I call the astral plane... saw too much horrible stuff.

I actually think that is where a lot of ghosts are...on the astral plane. With respect to what other spiritual theories say about various levels... what I have seen I woud agree.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: to add

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think a lot of entities on the "Lower Astral" are projections of our own psyche. The key to passing through is probably to ignore them.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It went a little better for me, actually. I've just posted more details on your profile so I won't take up the space here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
see I am right... Ghosts do exist and they do live or exist on the astral plane...

thats why I have problems meditating now...

edit on 21-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: fix word

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Well, recent experiences would certainly seem to bear that out, wouldn't they!
In a way it's a little scary, but in another way it's kinda good to know that at least there IS something, after all.

Don't let it put you off ! You have an amazing gift, be glad of it, and use it well. I wish I could go there. Time I began putting in a bit more effort, eh?
edit on 21/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: add a few words

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

yes maybe...but now this thread makes sense to me. I see ghosts or feel their presence and at times I don't see it as a good thing. I see it as a curse. Sometimes I feel like I am doing things for ghosts...yanno?

meeting random people..helping a person that I have seen a week before in a meditation...pfft I don't even call them meditations now... just log in and log out of this place where there are ghosts waiting for help or stuff like that.

sometimes it feels like a ghost takes over my body and when I have done something for them or found something out...etc the ghost goes.

edit on 21-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I certainly don't think it's a curse. If anything I'd say it makes you a very special, and blessed person. Those in the spirit are still people, too, and if you are able to help those who are somehow lost or troubled, then you may be sure that a great place will be made there for you, when it is your time to arrive there.

You have something I've been striving for my whole life, and I can tell you in all honesty that I was rapidly beginning to lose all my faith and was becoming a nihilist.

It was only talking with you on this very thread a few nights ago that something lit back up inside of me, and whether you know it or not I think you had something to do with it. I've never felt more alive and full of hope than I have these past few days. It's almost like meeting you has given me back my soul, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

Right now, I'm just trying to find out all I can about meditation and astral projection, because I think it is through that that I may find whatever it is I've spent my life searching for, and if I am eventually able to meet up with you on the lower plain, then I'd be happy to share whatever spiritual burdens are placed upon your shoulders.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Greetings all

I'd like to begin here by telling you a bit about myself. Well,maybe not..too much to go into all at once. I've studied the occult-the unseen,for many years.I've practiced what I've learned,had some formal training in Trad Wicca and threw that out with the bathwater.I've studied psych-ism,psychic vampirism and psychic attack till it bores me. Now,that is not to say I do not think any of these things possible,it's just that I've come to the place where I know that most of what people think are ghosts,hauntings etc are nothing more than energy residue lingering in a place,and those who are sensitive to it,feel it as if it is almost solid and perhaps threatening..I was a bit frightened by things before I understood them better,but especially before I understood my own ability to control my mind and my immediate surroundings thru my will.And I tell you,a mind is easily upset my what it is exposed to. So,if you watch alot of the paranormal nonsense on tv shows or read it online and in books written by profiteers,you're going to twitch and tingle when air moves in a still room or a sound emanates in a quiet sleeping house or graveyard.Do I think certain of us have the ability to project astrally? No.But I think they'd like to believe they can,so,they do,in their minds. Be careful what you listen to,and believe as truth.

There is only one thing I know for certain. That if honed,our ability to create and manifest change in our lives and the lives of others is possible. That energies can be called upon to assist us in our hour of need. That for every act,there is a toll to pay. And that everything we do,or don't,has a cost.

Ghosts. Hmmm. Anyone come up with actual proof yet? Life is not a Charmed episode. Harry Potter is a work of pure fiction. The best thing I can tell you is to look inside yourselves for the answers you seek for you will not find them without. There is nothing you cannot do,with faith,in yourself. Keep to things more meaningful and worthwhile. You and yours will be better served.

Peace be with you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join