It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible for a Ghost to live in another person's body? Take over it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
just a question...

it is a strange thing to discuss but I just wonder if it can happen?

if it can happen...how do you get a ghost to leave your body?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Like possession?

I really don't know....While I strongly believe in ghosts having seen my fair share, I do have trouble believing that they take over people...... But there is evidence that suggests possession has happened....

I don't know, if you were possessed and religious, You could talk to your church leaders....

I think the Catholic Church tends to pretend that exorcisms never happened....For the most part they don't do that anymore.... Every now and then you will hear of new tales of some priest trying to do some exorcism...

I think, possession in a lot of cases can be explained away as mistaken Identity so to speak.... Mental illness, epilepsy etc...Things that can seen supernatural but actually have a rational explanation,you know?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sounds like the star wars expanded universe when Palpatine took over clone bodies after he died.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
well.....NO

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
how could you tell if a person was possessed by a ghost?

behaviour?
abrupt changes in personality and behaviour?

I have read some books but they are not helpful.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Watch Ghost whisperer, it happened there
edit on 15-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

hi but that isn't a true story ??

is that based on true accounts?
edit on 15-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by Heartisblack

hi but that isn't a true story ??

is that based on true accounts?

Alot of s**t goes on in the world that you have no idea of. Go sit at haunted houses and listen to witness accounts. One good place you start at, is www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
I've heard some good things

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
just a question...

it is a strange thing to discuss but I just wonder if it can happen?

if it can happen...how do you get a ghost to leave your body?

Well if it is possible I would think since the person had to let it in then they would have to get it out themselves. I don't understand what an outside person could do besides give encouragement and hope. This is if it's even possible.
Any writings I've read in the past always spoke of bodily possession being demons, not ghosts, but then again what do I know?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
well I am a bit angry with the churches.

when I was 12 I went to church and the preacher said, if I wanted to receive the ghost, then all I needed to do was ask and then the ghost lives in your body...if you do anything wrong, the ghost leaves or gets angry with you....

all the god fear stuff.... anyway... I said yes I wanted to receive the ghost and vowed to live the way the the ghost wants=christianity. How do I get the ghost out of my body?

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Well if it is possible I would think since the person had to let it in then they would have to get it out themselves.

your right and thx cos I remembered how it happened. It dont go to church at all anymore but when I was 12 going on 13 I did say I would/I wanted to receive the ghost.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: to add

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
One good place you start at, is www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
I've heard some good things

I checked that out but there is not much there about what to do about ghosts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another question and prolly seems weird but I was thinking, if I have a ghost that came from the church when I was 12, where am I? ??? Did the ghost kill me so that he could live in my body? maybe it is a psychological thing? yanno...like christian values against my own logic & intelligence?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what happened to that Emily girl???
she was possessed by some nasties and didn't she die? I wonder where she went while she was possessed???
Emily

edit on 16-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: fix link

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
While rare there does appear to be a few cases of possession around with some very detailed accounts around the internet. Will power looks to be one of the main factors in these events, but it is complex and potentially dangerous to play around with and misused. I recommend a lot of research and discussion before anyone tries to get involved with such situations.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What if our brain is some kind of interfacing mechanism with an energetic field commonly known as the soul. Perhaps this field is inter-dimensional but able to cause tiny electromagnetic fluctuations in space-time maybe at the site of the neuronal synapse. So your soul could be sort of attached to your brain and when the body dies you loose the means by which you interact with the physical world. But what if another discarnate soul somehow managed to ram you out of place and move itself in and attach to your brain and therefore get a chance to interact with the physical world. Maybe we're supposed to bind to the brain of a fetus for our next incarnation so the binding part could be a common skill among souls but I wonder how do they first get rid of the body's owner? Perhaps the only way is to trick them into giving permission. Also people who regularly travel out of body swear that no entity can come in while they are gone, but it begs the question how would you know? You would now lack a body and be unable to tell the world about how you got kicked out of your own body, then the entity could just run riot in their new meat suit, possibly ending it up in a psych ward or worse.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have heard of cases of this occurring. It is pretty much the same mechanism as demonic possession.

This is actually what occurs on a temporary basis when a person channels another spirit. That is how they can speak in foreign languages that the host is unaware of.

There is a website of the Spiritual Research Foundation that explains all of this.

The mechanism of possession will be better understood with the analogy of a castle being attacked and under siege in the olden times. The castle’s defence systems included its walls, its archers and the food it had in its granaries to wait the enemy out. The enemy that had laid siege would patiently wait outside the castle, trying to weaken them by starving them out or through use of psychological tactics. The enemy would pounce on every opportunity to find a breach in the castle’s defence systems. This whole process could take a lot of time. However, once the castle was breached, the enemy would concentrate on expanding the breach and taking control of the castle. This is pretty much the same way how ghosts (demons, devils and negative energies, etc.) possess a person and take control over him. The targeted person is just like the castle in the above analogy and the enemy represents the ghost (demon, devil, negative energy, etc.).

Link:

www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

The first thing we would need to determine is whether the mind is a property of the brain, or is it something that permeates the universe and which our brains tap into. If it is the latter then all minds and souls may really be one single being, a bit like Jung's (?) idea of the collective subconscious.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

thx for the link... I will check it out!

reply to post by NocturnalPhantom

wow that is deep for me. I will have to digest that for a while!!
edit on 17-8-2011 by Thurisaz because:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

thx so much~!~!!! Excellent info on this website!!

The possessing ghost (demon, devil, negative energy, etc.) covers the sheath of the physical body of the possessed person with its own mental and causal (intellect) body sheaths. Consequently, the mental and causal body sheaths of the possessed person become non-functional. The person then begins to talk, walk, think and behave according to the new mental and causal body sheaths of the ghost

I didn't know how to describe the presence I felt sometimes but the body sheath is precise!!

thx so much and if anyone has a que about a ghost... check the link nh_ee has posted!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Pretty deep, but if we do indeed ultimately share the same collective supermind, then think of what that implies.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NocturnalPhantom

we could be everyone?
somehow... am I on the right track with this? I figure we could be connected...but what would that mean for ghosts?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I don't know. I guess it would make us God, or something. Not sure about ghosts, some memory of a past person remaining in the collective mind which our brains tap into, maybe.

edit on 17/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join