It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM VS. Ron Paul... Anon should focus on things that matter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm sure everyone has seen the blatant black-balling of Ron Paul from media coverage, anyone can guess the reasons why. While anon is online going after entites like BART I feel they should be going after people that are actually committing acts that will undoubtedly have an influence(negative in my opinion) on the future of this country.

Am I saying they need to make sure Ron Paul wins? No, everyone has a right to vote for who they want. What I AM saying is, its immoral to completely blacklist one of the obvious favorites (based on poll #'s, not my opinion) of the next election cycle while continuing to give face time to candidates that barely registered as blips on the windshield of the straw poll and Pawlenty, who quit all together. Its outrageous how far they're going to keep this man in the shadows. Its dastardly in the true meaning of the word. The MSM is attempting to decide FOR us who we should be exposed to and vote for and that is sinister.

I think if Anon wants to muck round with folks that are doing "wrong" in this country, they should be going after the media outlets that are perpetuating this blatant passive-aggressive attack on Ron Paul.

To the folks that have no intention of voting for him, this still affects you too. There's nothing stopping them from doing this to a candidate that reflects your beliefs in the future. This could just as easily be the guy that you support.

Here's to hoping Anonymous realizes they need to go "net-ninja" for an issue that REALLY matters...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's a great point but then they will start blaming everything on internet hacking and even if Ron Paul starts getting results in the media through polls they probably would say anon hacked it. It's a slippery slope with these tricksters.
They will do whatever they can to steer the popular vote. After all most of them are backstabbers that would turn in their own grandmother if they knew they could gain a percentage point.

Oh and the verdict is still out on anon. I have to see some pretty serious revolution from them before I decide who's side they are on. What have they actually changed? It's just like Wikileaks, they are just enough of a thorn in the side to cause more internet security to be placed web wide. Are they good or bad for us? I don't know.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was thinking about the media black balling of Ron Paul earlier so your thread caught my attention. Don't know about Anon but somehow the MSM gotta get a slap down. Not that it matters but I spent about a half hour emailing every major cable and network news I could think of complaining of this matter.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
It's a great point but then they will start blaming everything on internet hacking and even if Ron Paul starts getting results in the media through polls they probably would say anon hacked it. It's a slippery slope with these tricksters.
They will do whatever they can to steer the popular vote. After all most of them are backstabbers that would turn in their own grandmother if they knew they could gain a percentage point.

Oh and the verdict is still out on anon. I have to see some pretty serious revolution from them before I decide who's side they are on. What have they actually changed? It's just like Wikileaks, they are just enough of a thorn in the side to cause more internet security to be placed web wide. Are they good or bad for us? I don't know.

I completely agree, I just wish that if they were gonna pull this "patriotic fighting" act, they would at least aim it at the things that REALLY matter in our country. Its evil how they're intentionally trying to sink this guy and pretend he doesn't exist even though he's a standout favorite. Its so bloody evil. And they laugh about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

So you think the media should be forced to cover the candidate that YOU think is the best candidate? And you think hackers should force them to do this???

I wonder what people who support a different candidate would think about that?

I think you need to just realize that the media doesn't owe you anything, they are private companies that can choose to cover whatever they want. If you don't like what they cover, don't watch/listen/read what they produce.

I think your idea that hackers should illegally try to force a private company to talk about what YOU want them to talk about is very very un-American.

I bet Ron Paul would be disgusted by your idea...bravo for the irony.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker
I was thinking about the media black balling of Ron Paul earlier so your thread caught my attention. Don't know about Anon but somehow the MSM gotta get a slap down. Not that it matters but I spent about a half hour emailing every major cable and network news I could think of complaining of this matter.

We all should do that honestly, myself included. I can't explain how enraged I was as they mentioned everyone INCLUDING Pawlenty, who isn't even in the race anymore, and totally ignored Paul with a smirk. They're making it so obvious that there's a larger, sinister agenda going on right now and don't care one bit if we know. What's happening to this man right now is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Maybe not Ron Paul specifically, but news in general.

There is tons of information the media censors and neglects, Paul is just the tip of the iceberg.

There should be no bias in news.
edit on 8/15/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Watts

So you think the media should be forced to cover the candidate that YOU think is the best candidate? And you think hackers should force them to do this???

I wonder what people who support a different candidate would think about that?

I think you need to just realize that the media doesn't owe you anything, they are private companies that can choose to cover whatever they want. If you don't like what they cover, don't watch/listen/read what they produce.

I think your idea that hackers should illegally try to force a private company to talk about what YOU want them to talk about is very very un-American.

I bet Ron Paul would be disgusted by your idea...bravo for the irony.

Its so obvious you didn't read any further than the post title before insta-replying that I'm actually laughing right now. That's the closest to a response you're even gonna get from me. Reading is fundamental.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

There is tons of information the media censors and neglects, Paul is just the tip of the iceberg.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to elections. There's literally no room for that. Nothing good can come out of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Ummm...yeah, I read your little rant and all your crying about the "MSM" not giving Ron Paul enough coverage.

But nice dodge there buddy...just ignore the fact that you are advocating illegal activities to promote the candidate YOU think is the best.

Honestly, this whole thread and your whole idea is a joke.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watts

Originally posted by BeyondPerception

ESPECIALLY when it comes to elections. There's literally no room for that. Nothing good can come out of it.

Well, news should be news. If there isn't new news, repeat other news. Otherwise, shut the hell up.

The whole platform is completely diseased.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Well, news should be news. If there isn't news, repeat other news. Otherwise, shut the hell up.

The whole platform is a completely diseased.

What you and the OP are talking about is commentary...not "news".

There is no "news" in political campaigns...it is all commentary.

If you don't like the commentary, then don't listen to it...simple solution.
edit on 15-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

100% agree with your last thought. All we can do is get the word out about Dr. Paul. He's gaining ground out the gate just like he did last elections. Over the last 3 years he's stayed steady appearing more and more in the media voicing his true honest opinions which mirrored most of the American's peoples values as well. More people recognize who he is and what he's about and we are so tired of the same drivel they've been feeding us.

Clinton, both Bushes, and Obama are all guilty for this countries downfall. Some more than others.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I might be giving anon more credit than they deserve here but I have thought about this before and came to the conclusion that it might really hurt their cause.

while the media is portraying them as cyber-terrorists they are atleast getting attention. If they joined the RP bandwagon they risk being blacklisted by the media.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

And yet you're still here..... hmmm I smell a musty troll.

I smell someone dodging an argument that they have no response for.

Just tell me...what do you think Ron Paul would think of you wanting a hacker group to use illegal activities to force a private business to do something???

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by readytorevolt
I might be giving anon more credit than they deserve here but I have thought about this before and came to the conclusion that it might really hurt their cause.

while the media is portraying them as cyber-terrorists they are atleast getting attention. If they joined the RP bandwagon they risk being blacklisted by the media.

Valid point.
2nd line

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Well, news should be news. If there isn't news, repeat other news. Otherwise, shut the hell up.

The whole platform is a completely diseased.

What you and the OP are talking about is commentary...not "news".

There is no "news" in political campaigns...it is all commentary.

If you don't like the commentary, then don't listen to it...simple solution.

Have you ever considered why we laugh at people who take The Onion seriously?

Because the actual news has become nothing more than a platform of entertainment.

People are under the influence that simply because it is labeled as NEWS, it is real, true, unbiased, and unquestioned, all because it is being aired over the television. Which further convinces them that the stuff is real, because they are under the assumption mainstream is under some form of scrutiny or something.

Mainstream news should be news. Commentary when necessary. All I am saying.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

You still didn't answer my question.

what do you think Ron Paul would think of you wanting a hacker group to use illegal activities to force a private business to do something???

And btw, the thread is a joke because you obviously don't see the irony and contradictions in advocating a hacking group to use illegal activities to force a private business to do something and also your support of Ron Paul.

But with you continuing to dodge my one simple question...I think you have realized how contradictory you are being.

So just admit it....or continue to dodge and call me a troll because you have no other response

edit on 15-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join