It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Elenin Fly's by Harmlessly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Explanation
After it passes by harmlessly.

Would that change your personal belief about 2012?
Would you then see that 2012 is 100% BS,
or will you stay stubborn and continue to believe 2012 is the end (or something Major will happen)?

Or would you throw middle school science out the window and post about a random big quake (that happened shortly before or after the comet pass) and claim that it was caused by this comet?

Or will you people find another comet and find a random "secret" meaning for another scientists name?
edit on 15-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

After the date it is supposed to pass by and we see what actually happens (since you don't know).

Would that change your personal belief about knowing everything there is to know about the universe?
Would you then see that you really know very little and what you do know is 100% BS?
Or will you stay stubborn and continue to believe the fairytales they tell you in middle school science?

Or would you throw intuition and wonder out the window and post about how science has all the facts and answers and predicted that nothing will ever happen that's out of the ordinary?

Or will you people find another text book and claim loudly that no-one else could possibly be right because it says here on pg 153?

(For the record I have a Science degree and I just wanted to post this because you sir/madam, are being an ass).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Maybe if nothing happens then every doom predicter will turn into the little boy who cried wolf. How would you feel if someone predicted 100 false endings, then predicted one that happened and caught you totally off guard? I suggest being prepared for anything by having a few MREs and a gun.

Kee
edit on 16-8-2011 by susej because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs

or will you stay stubborn and continue to believe 2012 is the end (or something Major will happen)?

Or would you throw middle school science out the window and post about a random big quake (that happened shortly before or after the comet pass) and claim that it was caused by this comet?

Or will you people find another comet and find a random "secret" meaning for another scientists name?

(For the record I have a Science degree and I just wanted to post this because you sir/madam, are being an ass).

I like how you say you have a "science degree" without being specific. A Science Degree in what? Earth, Biology, Chemistry, Geology.. The fact that you was so vague makes me believe that you have no degree.

I'll be specific I have a Bachelor Degree in Space Sciences, and a minor in Physics.

So nah I don't think I'm being a ass. I'm just stating facts.
Elenin will be harmless. It will not/and has not cause/ed any quakes.

But in my opinion since this site has a population of people who like doom and gloom, they will throw science out of the window, for what they possible want to to happen.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hmmmm,.
I love doom.
I love comet Elenin and the doomjoy it has brought me
I love the thought of 2012 and world dooming doom.
Peace and love to you all you fellow doomers.

I like to sit in my room, with some doom mood music
and cross my legs, rest my arms on my legs and say dooooommmmmmmmmmm..............
edit on 16-8-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What will folks do when ELEnin passes? They'll find another comet to blame earthquakes, irritable bowel syndrome and every other ill that may befall them. That's just what folks do, they seek out an "otherworldly" reason for their problems because they cannot be the cause.

Folks will still fear that which they do not understand. So, nothing will change.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

You are sort of committing an injustice by lumping two mutually exclusive theories. How many Hopi natives or Mayan scholars do you think actually gives a crap about Elenin? It's western MSM phenomenon that clumps them together.

Personally, when Elenin goes by harmlessly, I'm gonna say "Bummer, it was cloudy..."

When 2012 goes by, I'm going to say "Look how far human evolution has come these last three years". The 2012 prophecy is happening now and, even if nothing spectacular took place and we only kept the same pace of societal growth, the prophecy will be proven true.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

No. People need to stop saying that this Elenin hype is the fault of the MSM. So far I have heard them say nothing about it except for possibly announcing its discovery. Other than that they have contributed nothing to the fearmongering. That has entirely been the fault of conspiracy theorists, alternative news sources, and New Agers. So, when this thing passes remember it wasn't the MSM that lied to you, but those sources that many on this site hold up as infallible.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

2012 is a hoax. Anyone tying 2012 with the end times is either misinformed or lying. The Mayan long count could mean anything, it is up to that person's point of view. Most say the real date is this year anyway, so if there is anything to the end of the long count we should know in short time. Those waiting for the end times should take a look at the amount of doom that is already present.

October 28, 2011

I'm excited

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Way to totally gloss over my point. I'm not going to dig up a bunch of links but if you simply do a Google news search, you'll see several articles from CNN, Fox, and MSNBC. No, they don't talk about doom but they do often leave an open-ended sensationalized what-if scenario. But that wasn't the point, anyway.

The point is that the 2012 phenomenon is a culmination of several prophecies while Elenin is a large ball of ice. Any connection made between the two should be viewed at with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Oh I agree with your point completely. I'm just getting tired of seeing people claiming that the Elenin hype originated with and is stemming primarily from the MSM when the primary sources I'm seeing for it all are YouTube videos made by conspiracy theorists and alternative news sources. If the MSM is hinting at it all it wasn't until the conspiracy community was sending countless emails to NASA and Leonid Elenin everyday and making claims that there was some kind of media blackout regarding the comet.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExplanationI like how you say you have a "science degree" without being specific. A Science Degree in what? Earth, Biology, Chemistry, Geology.. The fact that you was so vague makes me believe that you have no degree.

I'll be specific I have a Bachelor Degree in Space Sciences, and a minor in Physics.

So nah I don't think I'm being a ass. I'm just stating facts.
Elenin will be harmless. It will not/and has not cause/ed any quakes.

I didn't specify because it wasn't relevant and also didn't want to be accused of boasting. Since you ask - Biomedical Science and Molecular Biology. So no its not space related but it is a science degree. The point was more to show that even though I am trained in science (and therefore have some understanding of science and the scientific method) I don't believe it has or will ever have all the answers.

As for your facts, you could well be right and I am not a Nibiru supporter, but I entertain the possibility and keep an eye out for new info. The 100% true fact is that no-one knows for sure what will happen when Elenin passes by us. Sure you have very accurate models and in all likelihood nothing major will happen. But we won't know until it happens.

The point of my post is that this forum constantly gets bombarded by people such as yourself who come in and put up posts with a very obvious bias against alternative theories and thinly veiled insults to people who believe them. You shoot people down for believing that they can predict things like Nibiru's passing, all the while claiming that YOU can predict the future based on scientific models. You can see the hypocrisy here right?

If you had made a civil post and engaged in a respectful argument I wouldn't have taken issue with it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You've really been trolling hard lately. All you've been doing is making posts to get people riled up because you probably get some sort of self-satisfaction from it.

2012 and Comet ELENIN have 0% relation. When and if that rock goes flying past Earth, I won't give a damn about it as much as I have since it first came into this community's boards: which is none.

To call people who believe in 2012 "stubborn" is childish. You should be banned, in my opinion. I checked your profile and read your "authored" posts, if you can even call them that, all you do is try to get people mad by writing in a condescending tone and making believers look like idiots. It's one thing to attempt to create a conversation thread but insulting believers in your original post is no way to start it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
its threads like this that makes me wish elenin should do some serious damage

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join