It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Elenin Fly's by Harmlessly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
After it passes by harmlessly.

Would that change your personal belief about 2012?
Would you then see that 2012 is 100% BS,
or will you stay stubborn and continue to believe 2012 is the end (or something Major will happen)?

Or would you throw middle school science out the window and post about a random big quake (that happened shortly before or after the comet pass) and claim that it was caused by this comet?

Or will you people find another comet and find a random "secret" meaning for another scientists name?
edit on 15-8-2011 by Explanation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I will dance for Joy and wait on the Melancholia movie on 4th November, my life will go on. My heart will go on
I will and can survive without doom

link   
It is whats behind it most worry about.

link   
reply to post by madjetxe

What proof do you have about something being behind it ? What is trailing this comet ? Nibiru, Planet X. The TARDIS and the doctor ? What ?
edit on 15-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madjetxe
It is whats behind it most worry about.

A bandwagon of confused and even possibly disappointed fools?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

After it passes and you survived.

Would you then see that 2012 doom just happened to you.
or will you stay stubborn and continue to believe 2012 is not the end (or something bigger can't happen because you don't see anyone else around you not even land?! )

Or would you throw middle school science out the window and you wish you can post about a random big quake (that happened shortly before or after the comet pass) and claim that it was THE comet? the only problem would be ,that there would'nt be any internet service OMFG

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Explanation

or will you stay stubborn and continue to believe 2012 is the end (or something Major will happen)?

Or would you throw middle school science out the window and post about a random big quake (that happened shortly before or after the comet pass) and claim that it was caused by this comet?

Or will you people find another comet and find a random "secret" meaning for another scientists name?

There is no connection between Elenin and 2012, never was.

link   

Be happy with that thought. I just heard tonight that the last of the polar ice is now melting. Did they teach you anything about planetary mechanics in that school you went to?

link   
reply to post by Explanation

"you people"

your one of those people....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I will continue to go to work for my wacko boss and pray for Oct when we get recalled in April next year for the next 3-5 years . Hope the US economy gets better and consider again if we want to move back to the states .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx

There is no connection between Elenin and 2012, never was.

So much "Doomsday hype" about it, it just seems comparable to 2012...
Just wondering nothing happens from Elenin would they rethink the science and their sources about 2012.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I suspect that if something were to actually happen... the end of the world mongers will be the ones screaming to be saved. I personally live one day at a time , expect the unexpected and I have combat PTSD. So, if the end of the world happened, I'd look at it as just another day!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
2012 is a hoax. Anyone tying 2012 with the end times is either misinformed or lying. The Mayan long count could mean anything, it is up to that person's point of view. Most say the real date is this year anyway, so if there is anything to the end of the long count we should know in short time. Those waiting for the end times should take a look at the amount of doom that is already present.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Rofl, 2012. It made a great movie. It's going to be like Y2K. Everyone will go buying up all their doomsday survival gear, stockpiling massive amounts of food and water. People will buy MRE's like theyre the new style and start heading for the hills. December 2012 comes, and nothing happens and then everyone will feel stupid for falling for a doom and gloom prophecy that was probably more of a myth than anything.

Personally i'm going to have my video camera out and shoot footage of people succumbing to mass hysteria, and then im going to sell it to whatever news channel pays the most. Ah the meltdown of mass hysteria can be so entertaining. This one will be one for the history books!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
People are going to do the same thing that they have done for centuries, freak out and believe any pant-load story that has little to no evidence to back it up all because enough people spread the rumor, so IT MUST BE TRUE.

Chalk it up to a long line of prophecies regarding the end of the world, doomsday, armageddon, the rapture, tribulation, used car salesmen, etc. etc. etc.

Heaven's gate, Y2K, 2012, Elenin, Nibiru, etc. etc. etc.

There is one undeniable fact that cannot be avoided, if the world is going to end, I seriously doubt that there is going to be anyone around to say "I told you so."

King

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think the more relevant question is: "What in the world do you think you could do if the end was now?" Seriously, when the end doesn't come, then you live your life, decide if you're going to hop on the next doomsday bandwagon.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

That is the point I was trying to make, people just ignore the fact that they freaked out for nothing and they repeat their mistakes by hopping on the next doom and gloom train to insanity. Wasted effort, money and time into something that makes themselves and their families look foolish.

If we are going to bite it, I'd rather not know about it, that way there is not panic, fear, violence and absolute anarchy in the last moments when we are supposed to be coming together as a race.

Forget the specifics, how about just live your life to the fullest every day, and don't worry about when/if the end is in six months, six years or sixty years.

Just live.

King

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Too many people let their lives live them. If they can't wrestle control of their own lives away from the circumstances that they find themselves in, they're not going to ever get to the point where a doomsday will not phase them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Friend:

I FEEL The HOPI prophesy comes manana... er the 17th.... Honda comes first, then the red:
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I feel it is not the end, only the beginning of the rebirth! Course I can be completely wrong, and will eat my words in public come 11:11:11. Case of beer on the bet, old Army Ranger saying/payment.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

edit on 15-8-2011 by ChungTsuU because: grammar

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Let's hope so...

I was never a believer in the Y2K, in fact couldn't care less about it anyway.

I'm not in favor of doom and gloom, but I do long for peace and solidarity, for love and unity for humanity. I long for a world without war, and anything with regard to war.

If you like the world as it is, then it's fine by me. I have faith though that change is near, and whatever comes with it will bring about 'positive' change.

I don't believe in 2012 either. But I believe change is near. In fact it is already happening if you haven't noticed.

Peace to you all.

edit on 16-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join