It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Bad Cop Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I don't believe that officers can pull you over for simply not having it on

Depends on the state

Here it is what is called a "Primary Offense" .. In other words you can be pulled for not wearing, or even not wearing correctly, a seatbelt..

Other states it is a "Secondary Offense" and there must be a primary offense that you get pulled for first..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Hey, thanks for that video Fort- I'm gonna have to check it out, I can't really watch it right now, but I definitely will when I get a chance. Thanks a lot

ETA: Thanks semper- I checked wikipedia and it said that its a secondary offense in Ohio. So, he must've thought of something else to pull me over for. I've pretty much heard if they want to pull you over- they will.

And to be honest- I'm not even mad about the ticket- I wasn't wearing my seatbelt- I can live with that. What I didn't appreciate was how much they were trying to intimidate me.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Ketzer22 because: edit to add a bit of research

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

What I didn't appreciate was how much they were trying to intimidate me.

Exactly

And why you should file the complaint

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Did you ask to see the bullet or stems?

Sorry you got your feelings hurt by the search but really don't you think you are overreacting just a tad bit.

I don't think he over-reacted at all! For what reason was he pulled over?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You got pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt...AGAIN...you would think after your first two tickets...you would learn.

They didn't abuse you, you gave them permission to do everything they did. They didn't try to charge you with anything based on what they found in the car. You simply got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

I want you to know, that I look forward to your first time being abused by a corrupt, psychopathic police officer.

That is probably the only way you'll learn to accept the fact that they do exist; and assuming, of course, that you're capable of any empathy whatsoever yourself, it might also teach you to experience some for others who have suffered such abuse.
edit on 16-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
You got pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt...AGAIN...you would think after your first two tickets...you would learn.

They didn't abuse you, you gave them permission to do everything they did. They didn't try to charge you with anything based on what they found in the car. You simply got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

I want you to know, that I look forward to your first time being abused by a corrupt, psychopathic police officer.

That is probably the only way you'll learn to accept the fact that they do exist; and assuming, of course, that you're capable of any empathy whatsoever yourself, it might also teach you to experience some for others who have suffered such abuse.
edit on 16-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

The word "abuse" is being so watered down it isn't even funny.

The OP suffered no "abuse"...he is overreacting and being a bit dramatic.

I've been stopped by many cops...most of the time because I was breaking the law (speeding, ran a stop sign, etc.) There have been a few times where I was stopped on some sort of "suspicion"...but I cooperated, gave honest answers, and was on my way within minutes.

I have been more "abused" by cashiers at stores...but do I go around calling all cashiers corrupt and psychopathic??? No...because classifying a whole group on a few bad apples would make myself a bit of a psycopath.

Are there bad cops....for sure...was the cop in the OP a "bad cop"...doesn't sound like it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Chinese delivery driver. you do know the cops just love to bust young guys that are working for a living.

Some times if they can bust the right person they can send one of there own kids in to apply for the job after the person that got busted is fired.

Cops everywhere do this.
In the late 1970s i had this happen to me many times.
I got to like getting pulled over with that kind of stop.

But at the time i was working as a federal security officer on a navy base.
I would let them play there game and after they though they had busted my chops i would show them my federal ID.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Police tatics fully endorse and recommend (they are trained to) lie and # with you're head.

Saying untrue things in order to coax a confession out of you.

If they had of found stem and seeds they would have bought you in and given you a blood/piss test then fined you with whatever they could. Please do remember that police officers nowdays are exactly like pushy callcentre staff. They get a commission for every person they can bring in and fine.

They noticed you were nervous/shaking. Instantly they assume its because you're hiding something (Has absolutley nothign to do with the fact that they singled you out and were treating you like a criminal, re the you're phone rang and you went to answer it situation - he had allready searched you, they knew what was in you're pockets. They were being pushy controll freaks, and they were getting off on it too)

Therefor they started the mind games hoping you'd slip up out of being nervous/scared and admit to - or give them something they could use to take you in or detain you for longer.

Police are not nice people. The training they undertake - and use when they're out on the job ensures that. They are taught to see the general public as a bunch of criminals, all with something to hide, and they need to be savvy, smart and tricky to get you to slip up and admit something.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I got pulled over for no apparent reason

No seatbelt

He lets me out of the car and then writes me a ticket for not having a seat belt on.

Which is why we have to fight all of the "nanny-state" laws. Even the well-meaning ones, because eventually they just help to erode our rights.

Pulled over for a supposed seat-belt (new law), and then searched without permission or cause, and then find some mysterious sticks and call it a drug, and then find some bullet, which isn't a crime, but all the while his rights were being trampled.

He isn't over-reacting. He should call the station and lodge a complaint for having his rights violated. He has every right to answer his phone, and he didn't belong in the back of the police car, and since he is a delivery driver, he actually suffered financial loss because of this unwarranted stop and search!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yea, I had a delivery in the car with me, so clearly I'm at work. When he pulled the money and credit card slips out of my pocket he was like "do you always carry this much cash on you when you're delivering?" As if to insinuate that it was "drug" money or something.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Actually in the cop's defense. That is a great cover for a drug dealer, LOL! I used to know folks that delivered that way. I even used to know a mailman that delivered drugs on his route!

We also had a fastfood restaurant here in town that sold it out the drive-through! They had the Burrito, the Super Burrito, and then the "Special Burrito."

The cops were still out of line, but they might have had some reason for their suspicion.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well I hope you check for that bullet and the seeds.

I got caught speeding 55 in a 40. Cop flipped me some crap and asked if I would rather have a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt as it wouldn't mess up insurance rates ( I was wearing it). I told him sure but got let off with a warning.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That's some pretty funny stuff lol. I guess my mind doesn't work that way since i'm not involved in that kind of stuff anyway.

Domo- I did check for the bullet and seeds- found neither. The bullet nor a sample of the seeds were ever shown to me and the cop didn't write anything about it on the ticket, so I'm thinking that these were both fabrications. I also asked my sister's fiance what a dog would do if he actually smelled something and he said it would bark, or scratch at the area where he smelled the contraband. The dog did neither, he simply walked around the car then stood there. I'm guessing they were profiling me because the car is in less than perfect condition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join