It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Bad Cop Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Let me start out by saying, before today, I have never had anything bad to say about the police department in the town I live in. But what happened today makes me doubt even the shadiness, if you will, of police departments in even suburban America.

A little bit about me to give some context- I'm a 22 year old, white, college student, clean-cut employed part time, as I was pulled over today while working. (I'm a chinese delivery driver). I have no criminal record apart from 2 tickets for not wearing a seat belt. I will admit- my car is a beater (maybe that drew some suspicion) but what college student's car isn't somewhat of a beater? So, I got pulled over for no apparent reason and the cop never did tell me what reason he pulled me over for exactly.

Upon getting pulled over I was asked to step out of the vehicle, which I did without second thought (I now realize I guess I probably could have asked under what circumstances this was happening. After I got out of the car I went to put my hand in my pocket (no thought behind it, just something out of nervousness I guess, because I've never been asked to exit my vehicle after getting pulled over). So then he frisks me, takes everything out of my pockets including the cash I have from previous deliveries, car keys, wallet, ect. I'm pretty nervous at this point and I am shaking. He then rudely asks "Why are you shaking?"

Then he informs me the canine is going to search my car and asks if there is anything in there that he should know about. I tell him no, as I don't smoke weed or do any drugs like that. I have never even had someone in my car that has had weed on their person.

While the second officer handling the dog is searching the car my phone rings and I go to answer it. At which point the officer tells me "Put your hands in your pocket again and you're gonna end up on the ground."

After the car was searched by the canine the officer instructs me to get into the back of his car and I do. The officer that was handling the canine searches my car and comes back and informs me that he found a .357 round and stems and seeds from weed. I am completely dumbfounded by this because the only gun that is even in my house is my dad's 9mm. As for the weed stems and seeds I'm completely dumbfounded because I don't smoke and as I said before nobody has been in my car with the stuff.

So they come back to talk to me as I'm sitting in the car and ask "So where's the handgun that goes with this bullet?" and I tell him "Sir, I honestly do not know, I do not own a .357 and neither does my dad. I just bought the car from a rural area of the state and it quite honestly could've been their bullet, I didn't thoroughly check under the seat before taking the car home."

He then tells me I'm lucky he didn't find a gun or else I'd be going to jail. He lets me out of the car and then writes me a ticket for not having a seat belt on. At no point did he either A) show me the bullet that he "found" or B) show me any stems and/or seeds that he evidently found.

I just wanna know what you guys think. What should I do? File a complaint with the department? Go to court? File a lawsuit? I just really didn't appreciate being treated like that considering I have no criminal background and it just seemed like they were treating me EXTRAORDINARILY rude. And like I said at the beginning of the thread, I've never had one complaint in my dealings with the police in my town.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

nothing you can do..

filing a complaint will get you now where..

The Largest Street Gang in America

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Did you ask to see the bullet or stems?

Sorry you got your feelings hurt by the search but really don't you think you are overreacting just a tad bit.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I got pulled over for no apparent reason

No seatbelt

He lets me out of the car and then writes me a ticket for not having a seat belt on.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I guess I could be over reacting a little.. but it really ruined my whole day. And as for the first responder- I'll have to check that video out later, but I'm sure it should be interesting. Thanks for the replies though

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Maybe it's the car...Who did you buy it from? You said to the cop that you'd just bought it...Maybe the last owners were shady and now the car is flagged because of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
1. Clean car inside and out so there's no doubts in future.
2. Make sure it's legal so you are not a cop magnet.
3. ALWAYS wear a seatbelt....dummy. No "if's" or "but's", make it habit. Saved my life once.
4. Cheer up Brian, you know what they say.....Always look on the bright side of life.....
5. Do you deliver to France?

edit on 15/8/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yea, but I don't think he could've seen that I wasn't wearing one... also- seatbelt is a secondary offense, i don't believe cops can pull you over for not having that on, but they can ding it for you if you make a different offense

Yea, I don't know, they were a couple college aged girls, but who knows, maybe they were involved in shady stuff.

And yes, I will be cleaning it out tomorrow
edit on 15-8-2011 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2011 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
crap like this is happening everywhere. my girlfriend was in an auto accident maybe three weeks ago. it wasnt her fault. some other girl ran a red light and ended up totaling my girlfriends car. funny thing is on the police report it said the driver was suspected of drinking alcohol but they didnt do a sobriety check? at the time it was around 5am so the cops are switching shifts.they got lazy. i guess my tax dollars go to letting drunks run the road? WTF?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm 33, no criminal record, and I have been searched 58 times in the state of texas in 18 years of driving. My suggestion is get used to it. Everything is an excuse for them to crawl up your butt, and if you object, they will plant evidence.

You are worth more in prison than being a delivery driver.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22 Let me start out by saying,
before today, I have never had anything bad to say about the police
department in the town I live in. But what happened today makes me doubt
even the shadiness, if you will, of police departments in even suburban
America.

wallet, ect. I'm pretty nervous at this point and I am shaking. He then
rudely asks "Why are you shaking?"

Congratulations, Ketzer. You've just met a psychopath! Doesn't that make you feel special?

You see, psychopaths are neurologically incapable of experiencing or
understanding the majority of normal human emotions, including empathy. That's why he would have asked you why you were shaking.

While the materialistic explanation usually revolves around simple
neurological defects, there are those of us who suspect that the cause of
the problem runs a little deeper.

While the second officer handling the dog is searching the car my phone
rings and I go to answer it. At which point the officer tells me "Put your
hands in your pocket again and you're gonna end up on the ground."

Well, you see, this is a logical consequence of being empowered to "fight
terrorism." An officer can assume that literally any innocuous action taken
on your part is actually lethal. That mobile phone in your pocket could
have a number on speed dial, that could be used to trigger a bomb. Didn't
you see The Dark Knight? That police officer probably did.

a seat belt on. At no point did he either A) show me the bullet that he
"found" or B) show me any stems and/or seeds that he evidently
found.

Well, that's because they didn't exist, natch. You see, thanks to the Judge
Dredd...er, sorry...I mean, Patriot Act, an officer these days no longer needs to allow petty, annoying details like the truth stand between you and a jail cell. Probably the only reason why you didn't end up in at least temporary custody, was because the psychopath had some marginally non-psychopathic cops accompanying him, so he figured that taking you in on complete fabrication, might have been bad for his career. Psychopaths only make up 4-7% of the population, so the one thing they tend to be nervous about, is exposure.

I just wanna know what you guys think. What should I do? File a complaint with the department? Go to court? File a lawsuit?

That depends on two things.

a] Were you able to ID the officer?
b] Is there anyone in the legal industry, whether police, lawyers, or judges, who you trust?

If the answer to both of those questions is no, my advice would be to let it
go. You see, the problem is that the legal, political, and law enforcement professions attract most of the psychopaths in society. Psychopaths really love power; it's another of the few things that brings them joy in life. So in trying to find a non-psychopathic judge, unfortunately you'd really be playing
Russian roulette.

The other problem of course, is that the majority of the non-psychopathic population these days, don't tend to notice such things. They're too busy playing computer games and watching YouTube. The only thing psychopaths are afraid of is exposure. Generally speaking, these days the risk of that for them is minimal, so a psychopathic judge who really decided that he didn't like you, could likely crucify you, with hardly anyone potentially coming to your defense.

That's the world we live in today, unfortunately. God bless America.
edit on 15-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Listen, obviously you're a criminal. That much is aparrent. Why? Because according to the long arm of the law here and the dangly little fingers that flip flop around at it's whim, you only get pulled over if you're guilty of a crime. If you're innocent, why it's a dandy old time and smiles galore, pats on the back and a shindig before parting ways.

You should have got on your knees with hands clasped.

You drive a dirty car? Criminal. Don't you know that if you attract a cops attention, they grow hungry, and even if ther has been no mention of a feast, they will still feed on you. Dirty cars are like catnip for judge dredd.

No seatbelt? Criminal. You may have scarred some 16 year old trolly boy as he minds his own business attending the parking lot, should you have driven past. You may have given him nightmares. The thought of how you may have ended up disfigured... Only a criminal would never ponder these thoughts.

Delivering chinese food aye?

Nuff said, criminal inside and out. Good thing they caught you before you knocked off.. God knows what you would have gotten up to in youir free time!

edit on 15-8-2011 by klenker because: no neck bomb for you!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Stopped at a mcDonnalds
Drove to the back of the lot and parked under a tree
Was eating my burger when someone tapped on my window .
It was two bike cops..
asked me what I was doing ..eating was my reply.
Can you step out of your car ? sure..do you mind if we search your car ..
No go right ahead..
One officer searched my old Mustang while the other frisked me
Well I started laughing
Whats so funny ?
This is such a total farce that its the funnyest thing that has ever happened to me !
Have a nice day was their only reply.

I also live in South Texas

edit on 15-8-2011 by granpabobby because: add content

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Take the ticket to court.Fight the hell out of it.

Tell the court what you told us.
edit on 15-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Haha, I guess I did. I just read that thread about psychopaths that made the front page. I talked things over with my sister's fiance (who is studying to be a cop) and evidently you can't get in trouble for having a bullet or stems and seeds from marijuana in Ohio. But on the same token, he said that I would've noticed if the dog had smelled something in the car because he would've barked or scratched at the vehicle which he did nothing that I saw to indicate he smelled something.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I'm actually a little bit scared to fight it in court. What my citation was for was fair. I didn't have my seat belt on. But the way I was treated is what I was mad about.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You got pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt...AGAIN...you would think after your first two tickets...you would learn.

They didn't abuse you, you gave them permission to do everything they did. They didn't try to charge you with anything based on what they found in the car. You simply got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

I just wanna know what you guys think. What should I do? File a complaint with the department? Go to court? File a lawsuit?

You should stop being so paranoid and maybe think about wearing your seatbelt.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

File a complaint

Absolutely

You can do it by phone but make sure you ask to speak only to the Chief or Deputy Chief.. NO ONE ELSE

No need to go there in person at all

Most departments take formal complaints very seriously; just make sure you are willing to give your name. The reason for talking only to the Chief or Deputy Chief is they know the "value" of reducing formal complaints.. ie.. federal money.

You sound like a decent kid and the officer should have been a lot more polite in his dealing with you. As for what they found in your car, or alleged they found, sadly even though it was not yours, if it was in the car, legally it was yours..

When you buy a car from an individual, make sure you clean it completely before driving it anywhere. The former occupants may not be as law abiding as you and you could be made to pay for their mistakes

Send me a U2U if you need any further help with this..

Semper

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Like I said, I don't believe that officers can pull you over for simply not having it on, its one of those things they hit you for as cherry on the top. I didn't really think they were requesting my permission, only that they said the dog was going to sniff around. I thought a few of the comments that they made were very rude and shouldn't have been made- I'm not a criminal, I have no record and I'm sure they saw that when they looked me up in the computer.

and semper- Yea, you're right.. I maybe should have searched everywhere, but the car was pretty clean when I got it on the inside, so I didn't really think to really search under the seats for anything. Although you live and learn right? You can bet I'll THOROUGHLY search a car before I buy it next time.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Here' a really informative vid about your rights when confronted by the police:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join