It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Good Evening.

For a couple of years i have wondered over the ancient alien theory, the idea that during the time in our past ET visited Earth and was deemed as gods by the ancient peoples.

So lets put things into the alien agenda.

Sumerians

The Sumerian Culture, which dates back to 6,000 BC, is the oldest known culture on Earth. Even today we still use the same Mathematical system, Calendar, and Time as they created it so long ago. Since we have the evidence left over today, 6,000 years later, we can see similarities between what they had then, and what we have now.

The sumerians recorded events on clay tablets, on these tablets they talk of beings which came from the heavans to the Earth and assisted them in Science, Astronomy, Architecture, and agriculture, they named them the Anunnaki which translates into "Those who came down from the heavens.".

The anunnaki where said to have come from a planet in the outer solar system. Referred as the Tenth Planet.

The picture below is of a ancient Sumerian tablet with the anunnaki god teaching about the planets, notice the amount of planets orbiting the sun

How would of the Sumerians have possibly known about Neptune or Pluto?
I have yet to see any evidence, such as an ancient sky chart or telescope, that would suggest that the Sumerians could have possibly seen Neptune or Pluto, or that they noticed Uranus. Uranus is only visible with the naked eye on the clearest of nights, moves so slowly that one would have to watch it over years to notice movement without telescopic aid, and fails to show up on any known pre-Galilean sky charts.

As well as appearing in Human form the anunnaki also appear in a lizard like appearance, and even eagle like, as depicted in the images below.

Human

Lizard.

Eagle.

Eagles?

Remind you of anything interesting?

Is it a coincidence that the Egyptian god Horus is also depicted to be eagle like?

More notable eagles in our time.

"The Eagle has landed" - NASA

"The Roman SPQR Standard"

"Nazi Party Eagle"

Talking of symbols, the sumerian tablets also display images of entwined snakes.

The image below is of the entwined snakes with Anunnaki gods on each side.

Whats interesting about this is that it also resembles human DNA, and we even use the same symbol in Medical rooms, and hospitals world wide. Coincidence?

--------

Fire in the sky

Ancient books talk of gods appearing from the clouds, the ground rumbles, there is a great noise, and the gods appear in blazes of fire in the sky.

Yhovah Descends With Great Commotion
19:18 And Mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly. 19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.

20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar of.

12:5 And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.

ET Weaponry

What if the gods aided humans in there wars?

7:10 And as Samuel was offering up the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to battle against Israel: but the Lord thundered with a great thunder on that day upon the Philistines, and discomfited them; and they were smitten before Israel

1:10 And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the Lord went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.
185,000 Assyrians killed overnight.

---------

Could it be plausible that everything in the bible and other ancient books actually happen? But happen in a way we cant imagine?

What if the Virgin Mary was victim to artificial insemination? If the star the 3 kings followed was actually a spacecraft?
If the chariots of fire where infact space vehicles.

And these so called gods, where mere mortals with technology early humans could not even begin to understand?

Its an interesting alternative history.

After all something must have happened all that time ago for all the civillisations of the world to document events, events of gods coming from the sky to the Earth.

Goodnight

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Are you Giorgio Tsoukalas?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Uranus is only visible with the naked eye on the clearest of nights, moves so slowly that one would have to watch it over years to notice movement without telescopic aid, and fails to show up on any known pre-Galilean sky charts.

Wow and I always thought Uranus was a black hole!

We have ancient stories that give claim to Aliens creating us in all roots of history, all around the world, and still many won't take heed to this and realize that it most likely is truth rather than fairy tale.

In my opinion, If anyone believes in any God, you inadvertently believe in Aliens. No way around it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The problem with Ancient Alien theory is the great deal of endogesis (reading into something that was not there). Even the "Anunaki" is unclear. It was and still is common to use symbols of eagles/lions/other symbols of power.

The Bald eagle won out over Ben Frankin wanting the turkey as our national mascot.

While the notion of ancient aliens is interesting- it's supporters forget one caveat. The absence of proof is not proof of absence. How were the pyramids built? Who knows. Not knowing does not mean aliens. Could be but might not.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Parts of the ancient astronaut theory does have some merit, I'm partial to that. But when they replace what is written in religious scriptures and start to ascribe and attribute those stories to ET visitation, it get's out of whack and you're back to the whole belief thing again. Just because we don't know everything about our ancient past, doesn't mean we should start filling in the "plot holes" with claims that are in fact unsubstantiated and which leads to new belief systems. And well, if one is really after the truth, who really wants that?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You know, if you start looking into ancient aliens; your gonna have to get into your own hair. Like that greek-american dude with the puffy hair. Ancient Aliens = puffy hair. Is you or is you not puffy?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The evidence is all circumstantial and depends on how you want to interpret the language and symbols used by people who have essentially nothing culturally in common with you. Additionally, you're not taking into account the average human being's amazing ability to just make things up and get them right. We're such wonderful liars and storytellers that once in a while our incredible imaginations manage to correspond to reality. No aliens needed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

I think the Anunnaki and other gods of earthly tribes are nothing more than fallen angels. The Anunnaki story is especial suspect, since it's told that a super advanced race modified us to mine gold. If they were some really advanced alien culture they would have just made a robot that could make other robots to mine gold. Humans are far to inefficient to be miners when compared to a super robot.

I think that the only way ancient gods can be viewed from a biblical frame is that they are fallen angels who, some time after the tower of babel incident, went around deceiving the world with stories best suited for each culture. I think what happened in regards to Anunnaki is that fallen angels saw that humans in that area valued gold so they made up a story about gold.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is off topic, but does anyone have any idea what is on the left hand/wrist of the figure in "human" and "eagle" pictures?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Looks like a symbol of the sun. Or is it their holographic shape shifting device!

lol i love conspiracy theorys.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I agree, especially about the culture part. As culture and language are prerequisites for each other, they are also different for each culture in the world. And if someone from modern times were to look at an ancient culture's language and stories, they would arbitrarily ascribe those stories to fit whatever preconceived frame they need it to.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Are you implying the bible isn't meant to be taken literal!?
You better watch out.. the bible thumpers will have your head for this! As for my opinion... good post! S&F

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What people seem to forget, is that NOWHERE in The Bible does it say that it is to be taken literally.

At best, The Bible can be taken to be a collection of "feel good folk stories".

In 400 years (about the time after Christ that The Bible was written) if someone was to come across Harry Potter stories, they might be forgiven for thinking that there really were wizards amongst us as there were so many copies of these stories found lying around everywhere, that this must have been an important thing that society worshipped.

Even as recently as the 1800's, The Bible was used as guiding principles only, nothing more. The idea that it should be taken literally really didn't surface until the early 20th century.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
What people seem to forget, is that NOWHERE in The Bible does it say that it is to be taken literally.

At best, The Bible can be taken to be a collection of "feel good folk stories".

In 400 years (about the time after Christ that The Bible was written) if someone was to come across Harry Potter stories, they might be forgiven for thinking that there really were wizards amongst us as there were so many copies of these stories found lying around everywhere, that this must have been an important thing that society worshipped.

Even as recently as the 1800's, The Bible was used as guiding principles only, nothing more. The idea that it should be taken literally really didn't surface until the early 20th century.

Ok, well then that would lead to another question, where did the inspiration and ideas come from?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

I lean towards the AA theory myself too. Even if I wanted to say its all nonsense, it still makes for a great story! It could be a sweet movie or TV series!

I see you began with the Summerians, they are my favorite. Do you wanna see what they knew and then compare that to our modern day life. Check out my thread here for good time, History Begins at Sumer: Thirty-nine Firsts in Recorded History

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

YHWH was an alien. The "pillar of fire" by night, and "cloud" by day that was leading the israelites through the wilderness was a ufo/spaceship/or whatever you want to call the vehicles that the Anunnaki traveled in. The star of bethlehem was a ufo. Ezekial's wheels, another ufo...

Anunnaki are the Angels and the gods. The sons of god that found the daughters of man fair, and so they came unto them, were fallen angels, they were AWOL Anunnaki. All extraterrestrials. We are their servants, an abomination. The human race is an abomination created by the Anunnaki.

edit on 15-8-2011 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

Please list your reference for the statement that you made .

" The sumerians recorded events on clay tablets, on these tablets they talk of beings which came from the heavans to the Earth and assisted them in Science, Astronomy, Architecture, and agriculture, they named them the Anunnaki which translates into "Those who came down from the heavens.".

Please post any link that you may have to a credible source backing that translation , thanks

edit on 15-8-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The Anunnaki As I noted in my open letter to Zecharia Sitchin, I have challenged him and other ancient astronaut researchers to produce one line of one cuneiform text that demonstrates his ideas about the Anunnaki are really in the Sumerian texts. I want to see one line of one text that says things like the Anunnaki inhabit a planet or inhabit Nibiru, or that the term "Anunnaki" means "people of the fiery rockets, that sort of thing. Now, I could drone on about Mr. Sitchin's bogus translations and understanding of the Anunnaki, but I thought of something much better. You don't need to take my word for any of this. The Sumerian texts are online in English translation and are searchable -- even by Sumerian word! I invite you -- no, I challenge you -- to click on the link below and watch me search the Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature right before your eyes for the Sumerian word "Anunnaki." Here is a PDF file of the search results, but it's best if YOU do the search, since you will be able to click through the search results and get to English translations of the hits. Do the search at the link below and see if what I'm saying is true. Mr. Sitchin is making it up when it comes to what he says about the Anunnaki. The evidence is waiting for you now: Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature search for Anunnaki

Source

An interesting site that also has a downloadable PDF file of the ancient text , translated into English , word for word .

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Well, I believe astrology together with imagination plays a pretty big part in how religious stories are put together.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

Also need to point out , that picture of the sun and starts was debunked a long time ago , as it relates to the posts offered translation meaning .
Source

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join