It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

All of these cultures also relied on the Sun and rain for survival. So much so that they deified these natural phenomena. Now, if you lived millennia ago, were ignorant of astronomy and meteorology, and worshiped the Sun and rain wouldn't you say your gods came from the sky?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

Why in the world WOULDN'T the Annunaki want a slave species who procreates? If you realize that their "year" consists of 3600 of our years, then we are an extremely short lived species who reproduce rather quickly. Building robots that constantly need repair could be costly and time consuming. Human slaves only need a minimal amount of food and water, but can even fend for themselves in the forests and jungles for that! The sick and elderly ones would just be discarded.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The Ancient Aliens Dude!! Your hair can look like this too!!

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-8-2011 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by HUMBLEONE because: to eschew obfuscation.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lightworker2011

Why not just synthesize their own gold? We have already shown it is possible to do with our own particle accelerators and nuclear reactors. Also aren't the claims that alchemy was taught to humans by ancient aliens, so shouldn't they be able to convert lead to gold?

Synthesis of noble metals

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by godofme

All of these cultures also relied on the Sun and rain for survival. So much so that they deified these natural phenomena. Now, if you lived millennia ago, were ignorant of astronomy and meteorology, and worshiped the Sun and rain wouldn't you say your gods came from the sky?

The problem is with your idea, is that, the sun and rain did not teach.

The ancients claim the gods taught to them, (in person) astronomy, building, and farming.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is a touchy subject for a lot of people, so if I offend anyone's beliefs, please know that all I'm doing is presenting my personal belief and you're more than welcome to do some digging yourself. In fact, I wholeheartedly hope you do.

The Annunaki, I believe, did visit mankind many ages ago. However, I do not believe that they helped us. Instead, I believe that they deconstructed our DNA pattern from the original 12 Strands to what is now a mere 2 strands. Look up the term, "Junk DNA" and see what pops up. Scientists don't know what this 95% of our DNA that's, dormant can actually do. Why? Because what it can do doesn't apply to the material world. My thing is, if 5% of my DNA controls my physical being and 95% controls the non-physical, how powerful am I? How powerful are you? How powerful are WE?

All of these hidden agendas, conspiracies and blatant attacks on our minds, bodies and spirits have to be for a very good reason and I believe it's directly linked to the dormant parts of our DNA.

There is good and bad everywhere, so I'm not saying that all ETs are bad, just that this particular group, in my opinion, is bad.

Peace
edit on 16-8-2011 by BringerofTheDawn because: Mistake on spelling.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

The problem with that claim is that agriculture, astronomy, and construction all developed at different times and different rates. Small-scale agriculture existed in Egypt and India since at least 7,000 BC. In 6,000 BC they had finally reached the level of mid-scale agriculture. Around this time agriculture was developing independently in China. It wasn't until 5000 BC that the Sumerians developed their own form of agriculture. As for astronomy there is no indication that it really existed as a field of science until the Babylonians. While people probably looked at the sky prior to this it is the Babylonians who created the first star catalogs and celestial coordinate system. They even created the Zodiac. Finally, construction has a natural progression since the neolithic period. Just look at the stone dwellings located at Skara Brae. So, we had developed agriculture and construction long before the worship of sky gods and astronomy was developed long after.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BringerofTheDawn

This is just another New Age claim. We actually do know what most of our noncoding DNA does and it is all used in biological functions. For the DNA that we don't know what it does, we do have some very likely options. Once again all of these are related to biological functions.

Noncoding DNA

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The entertwined snakes represent the ancient symbol of life DNA-the caduceus,which later became the Ankh in Egypt.

That is Horus-Falcon,not Eagle.Enkite,not Enlilite.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Really? I have been watching these threads for just over a year now and think there is a lot of narrow minded people in the world, completely cluess to the facts surrounding them everyday...reply to post by Outcast2

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The ancient alien theory is one that is used to draw what you people call "bible thumpers" into the fold of ET believers..
that is it's job.

It's reception by evolution thumping people who believe in aliens is one of disgust. they didn't want the bible thumpers to get on teh alien bandwagon. they are the turd in the punch bowl now'

the funny part is both rely on faith on their beliefs hahaahaha

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by godofme

woah woah.. ancients were ignorant when it came to astonomy?? I thought that and astrology was the only thing they had going for them..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

They had knowledge of astronomy in the sense that they could identify and track the movements of stars and planets as well as differentiate between them. Outside of that their knowledge was limited. So, they see the Sun as a life giving object in the sky. Furthermore, astronomy and astrology didn't develop until the Babylonians, long after the Sumerians created their "gods from the sky" myth.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I strongly belief that there are people who are in the know......for a long time.

One word....excuse me....two words....The Vatican.

There must be some concrete evidence found and kept as a close secret from the world....

Today and in history of the church the damage will be devestating for the Vatican...they can close shop if the people on Earth know for sure that the God in the Bible, the god of the Mayans, Egyptians and so on were sophisticated space travelers...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Given the fact that most, "New Age" claims derive thier teachings and lessons from ancient cultures and choose to use both left and right hemispheres of the brain, I believe that there is an abundance of truth to this. If not, what do you personally think the reason for all of this widespread war upon the human race and the planet itself could be??

Why would they peddle microwaves to every household when the micro-waves that these devices use have been proven to literally tear apart human DNA?

Why are there so many diseases and when we look to conventional medicine for the cure, it's always forthcoming, but never there. Yet cayenne pepper has been proven to kill cancer cells and very few know this?

Personally, I refuse to believe what a scientist tells me about most things because usually, it's all about the money they get in return and not about the enlightenment of the human race. Fact is, they'll tell you anything to keep you from going off on your own and investigating for yourself.

They told us that terrorists took out the WTC and a little bit of the Pentagon w/ planes. Yet close investigation proves that this is false. So you can't expect me to believe what they say about the DNA pattern when they're M.O. is disinformation.

I'd like to know why you didn't touch on the Annunaki subject at all though, because it's really the cornerstone of my point. Have you not read about what they're presently doing? Have you heard of David Icke? Heard of the Dulce Base?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BringerofTheDawn

Actually most New Age claims are derived from the mind of the author. There are so many claims that can easily be proven false by looking at the very artifacts the people use as sources. The fact that you buy into the right/left brain myth shows that you would rather follow these New Age authors blindly than do any kind of actual research.

Its true that the Anunnaki were a group of gods in Mesopotamia. Outside of that your claims come directly from Sitchin who has been proven wrong on almost every claim he has made. As for Icke he has never been able to substantiate anything he has claimed and instead comes off like a raving, anti-Semitic, lunatic. There is also no evidence for Dulce Base and many of its key "witnesses" have been shown to be frauds.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache and post by godofme and post by lightworker2011

wildapache, you acknowledge that we can make machines that can "smell", but you're not seeing the correlation in that and what a super inteligent race could do with robotics with super senses. Imagine a robot, with speeds comparable to ufos, that could pound the earth in an area in order to collect dust and scan for gold particals. Said bot would be much more efficient than a human with a dog. Absent super speed, the only thing humans lack to create such robots is a portable energy source strong enough to power said robots - an energy source that a super intellegent race is sure to have.

------

To godofme and lightworker2011, wildapache was trying to quote me.

To make a rebuttal, assuming a human is in any way superior to robots at completing tasks, is erroneous. Robots can reproduce themselves at a much faster rate than humans and if any maintenance is needed, robots can handle that without intervention, once they're programmed how to. All that a super intelligent being would need to do is to build a single robot that would be capable of construction and interfacing with said beings. That one robot could then be given instructions and schematics needed for creating other robots for other tasks.

Since robots, that would be much more efficient than humans, could have been made, we can dismiss the slave creation theory. Personally, I have to assume any being that would try to deceive mankind into thinking they created us for tasks, in order to enslave us, are wicked beings.

Since the stories about the interactions and the purpose of those interactions, between mankind and ancient aliens, differ in so many cultures, I have to assume that most of said stories are deceptions perpetrated by men and aliens. The overall story that best describes why all these myths would differ, is the story of fallen angels. Basically, the differences in all the ancient alien stories can be explained by saying that fallen angels use the practices and beliefs, of cultures they interact with, to perpetrate a belief in a God other than the true god.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by godofme

I have thought about the ancient alien therory for almost 20 years now and now have my own thoughts..i will be brief though as it could last for pages lol...if you look at all the depictions of ancient aliens crafts (ex
egyptian glyph that depicts helicopters, tanks, subs, etc... 90% dont look like very advanced ufo stuff..it looks like todays tech..the helicopter depicted in the famous egyptian gyph is not just any copter its a heavy lift copter...they could not have drawn that exact copter if it was not actually seen 1st hand.

1st. The aliens are not from another planet, but are actually what we will be in 50years but from distant past that survived an extinction level event.
2nd. The blocks for the pyramids were lifted in place by the lifting chopter that is depicted in the glyph.
3rd. Nations built time capsles with cryogenic chambers(perhaps) in spacestations, on the moon? deep deep underground here on erath? we awoke after (dont wanna guess ) to find that there were actually survivers but had de evolved backwards due to harsh conditions and the need to survive. Yes we had tech but no infrastructure to maintain it after coming out of time capsules...so it was very limited in use and eventually failed, explaining the slow disappearence of drawings and accounts of gods interveining and helping the ancients, to just sightings in the sky once and awhile!

There is way more but will leave it at this...although i cannot explain creation(who really can) i believe my theory explains the ancient aliens seen by the cultures across earth in the past, and why intervention was limited on their part.
if ya care to hear more of my theory, i will write a complete document

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
erhem... If you believe in any mainstream religion on the planet then you believe in extraterrestrial life. You believe that this extraterrestrial life has created this planet. You believe that this extraterrestrial life has influenced the development of the human species. You believe that this extraterrestrial life has mastered control over time and space and shaping this physical universe. You worship and revere extraterrestrial life and truly believe that one day they will return eliminate members of the species with less desirable traits and reward those whom have desirable traits whom will be subservient and whom will never question their actions or authority.

So in a nut shell... unless you are an atheist you believe in Ancient Alien theory... heck you follow a religion having to do with it. Certainly the many Gods spoken about by various cultures over the course of centuries did not originate from the planet earth... the biosphere in which they created.
just sayin'

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have not read the whole thread yet, only the OP. I have been tossing this around for a while now. I am not sure but for some reason I think there is a connection between the Sumerians and the zodiac sign Ophiuchus.

There is also the connection between this and the old myth abouth the snake gate, for those who are not familiar take a look at this video, it is not long, but it is informative....

PLPL

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join