It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Prophecy of All Time

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
And more evidence

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Satan was originally a perfect angel who developed feelings of self-importance and craved worship. Satan caused Adam and Eve to disobey God, and humanity subsequently became participants in a challenge involving the competing claims of Jehovah and Satan to universal sovereignty.[153] Other angels who sided with Satan became demons.
I mean serously for real? It should be noted that this was found off Wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I would like to say FAIL on this thread and OP...

That "prediction" is an interp of a nearly 2000 year old
script/word...

Now, you know all about the fish i cought....

3 months later its 4 meters long and waighs 50kg...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
For those who don't understand, I'll go a bit more in depth, in an attempt to help you understand what it is Jesus is hoping the majority will grasp hold of.

First thing, there is a huge difference in the term "son of man" and Son of Man." Every male on this earth born of a physical birth is a son of man. The Son of Man is a title, which is reserved for the Messiah. The Son of Man, comes to live inside the believer via the baptism of the Holy Spirit. When Jesus actually dwells inside you, through this spiritual phenomena he is rightfully called, the Son of Man.

Jesus' teachings explain the who, what, when, where and how all of this is to take place. His entire first coming is based on the baptism of the Holy Spirit - what it is, what it feels like and what you are going to get out of it. This is part of what Jesus offers - a chance at the whole truth and nothing but the truth for those who put their mind to task and learn from him.

He offers the truth and a chance to actually Know him and Father God, through a covenant of love - the kingdom of God is within, so repent, this kingdom is very near.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Self fulfilled, by offspring of those who wrote the Bible of which you speak.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
For those of you who "follow Jesus" and try to make others believe that he is the only way to salvation...you know not what you speak. For if you really studied your bible, and follow him...AND studied your Bible putting away your western mind-set...you would know that your Jesus did NOT do away with the law of the Father. Those of you who believe that, are wrong.

Those of you who teach that are wrong. In order to have eternal life, according to the Jesus and Bible you follow, you need to continue in the Father's Law...AND believe in His son.

The things you say about believing in the son, having faith, gets you salvation and eternal life...without continuing to follow the father's ways, is crap!

Mat 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! Shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in Heaven. (22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in your name, and through your name throw out demons, and through your name do many wonderful works? (23) And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from me, workers of iniquity!

This is the clearest reference spoken by Jesus and this is clear that he is saying that it isn`t about him, yet to do the work of the father. There no savior, but God.

If you want to believe that you are saved, believe in the son (Jesus) without following the Old Testament...I say to you, good luck. You will be one of those who will be saying "Lord, Lord..." and he will say I never knew you.

(Matt. 5:17), "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill."

Matthew 5:17 Jesus is speaking about the Old Testament principles and authority of rule and revelation. When Jesus said that He came to fulfill the law, He came to establish it and demonstrate how it pointed to Him and how He would live it perfectly.

Take a look at what Jesus revealed about the Law of God, the ten commandments. What did Jesus say to the young man who enquired about eternal life? .....

Matthew 19:17 .....'And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.' ..... So keeping the commandments according to Jesus, is associated with entering into eternal life. So was it the intention of Christ to abolish or change any part of God's law, as many professing Christians teach (as you have stated in your post that you only need to believe in Jesus, his name, death and reserrection to have eternal life .....

Matthew 5:18 .....'For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.'

Do you know what a jot or one tittle means?

A jot is the smallest letter in the Hebrew alphabet. It is also called a yod. Hebrew word for God.

A tittle is the small stroke on the edge of the Hebrew letters. Tittles are essential for distinguishing Hebrew letters because several look the same, except for the tittles. The small strokes that make the two letters look different, this stroke is the tittle.

The answer is a plain no! So what did the Saviour say He came to do to the law of God? ..... Matthew 5:17 .....'Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.' ..... Take a look at the meaning of that word fulfil, and you will find it actually means "to exalt", or "to bring full meaning". So Jesus came to exalt the law of God and bring full meaning to it. He did not come to abolish the law.

What did Jesus say He came into the world to do? Hebrews 10:7 'Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.' So Jesus came to do God's will.

Did He keep the ten commandments? Yes. And who did Jesus say should be saved in the kingdom of heaven?

Matthew 7:21'Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.' Now what did Jesus say about those who break God's commandments and teach others to do the same?

Matthew 5:19 .....'Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.'

What does this mean? Those who are called great in the kingdom of heaven will be saved, but those who are called least will be lost.

Do you follow the 10 commandments from the OT? Or were they nailed to the cross and done away with (in your opinion).

Do you follow the OT Holy Days? Follow the Jewish Holy Days? Or do you follow man made Jesus holidays of Easter and X-mas?

If you want to teach others how to find "eternal life"...you better know what you speak of from the Bible you claim to have studied and know...because what I am seeing from you, you do not know what you speak of.

You are spouting what you were taught from man made church crap. You are following, and teaching the teaching of man.

If you are studying the Bible with western mentality, you have not comprehended the truth you claim to know.

edit on 16-8-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by summer5 because: Fixing formatting

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
As much as Jesus' message is one of great love, it has been misinterpreted pretty much since he first spoke it- as have the divine messages in all religions.

The first Christians back in the day took those words so seriously that they were convinced that Jesus' second coming, and the apocalypse were imminent- enough so that they didn't bother to write anything down as they were positive the world was going to end. The Gospel authors were the first to think; "Well, we could be in it for the long run folks, so we may as well right it all down".

2000 years and 4000 end-of the world predictions later, here we are.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Lol, you Jesus people are going to will the world to end.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well, in my opinion what Jesus truly referred to is the gospel of Elijah.

Elijah will come first and restore all things on earth, turn the hearts of the the fathers towards their sons.John(who was Elijah that will come) was the greatest man to ever come out of a womb according to Jesus.

Who is Elijah today(assuming this is the endtimes)?

There are countless prophecies in every major religion across the world that refer to the greatest of Men, the Son-of-Man.

El-Li-Jah means "God of Gods Li".

Who in this world has spread has spread his gospel across the world with an explosive growth across more than 100 countries in less than 20 years?

Yes, his name is Li Hongzhi and his teachings are those of Mind and Body. His cultivation school is called Falun Dafa and is based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life. And it costs nothing and has no membership or hidden fees, everyone who wants to improve themselves is welcome.

I recommend everyone to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Well considering the gospel wasnt written when he was on earth, I think it's far from the best prophecy.

I do believe Jesus spoke the truth, but unfortunaely the christian dogma of today is all screwed up. Lets not forget that other scriptures like the Quran say the same thing and have also been fullfilled, so I really dont think it's the greatest prophecy of all time.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I love to see when those who oppose the truth are confronted with a truth that they are unable to try to dispute. They then start trying to irrationally nit-pick every little word, and they also come up with statements that make absolutely no sense, making them sound foolish, instead of just saying, "the Bible is right."

And for those who are wondering when the end will come; don't worry, you'll get your answer soon enough. We should all pray that we are all counted worthy to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

2 Peter 3:3-9(KJV)
3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
Well considering the gospel wasnt written when he was on earth, I think it's far from the best prophecy.

I do believe Jesus spoke the truth, but unfortunaely the christian dogma of today is all screwed up. Lets not forget that other scriptures like the Quran say the same thing and have also been fullfilled, so I really dont think it's the greatest prophecy of all time.

It doesn't matter if it wasn't written when He was on earth. It was ALL written by men who were inspired by the same living God.

2 Timothy 3:16-17(KJV)
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Like so many other things either you get it or you don't. I don't think it was ever his intent to have his words twisted into a cage to enslave yourself and others to a particular dogma. The truth will set you free.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Hello,
So..when is it then? The end of the world.

In the way we conceived it, yes. All concepts ruling us now are changing or falling in pieces. Most clear example is the economy. This won't happen in one night like the movies, but already started.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Most people up until the last 200 yrs or so were illiterate. Meaning
that they could not read nor write. It was also forbidden by the Church
to read a bible. Only they could write and rewrite then interpret it. It has
been used for fear mongering ever since, and why? because it works so
very well.

The only difference between the Tooth Fairy and Religion, is that the Tooth
Fairy doesn't damn you to a so called Hell if you refuse to Believe in it.

The interesting part of the word used so much in the new testament,
The word Believe.. if you've noticed has the word LIE right between it.

More subliminal suggestion to believe the lie..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

According to Nostradamus the King of Terror(The Great red Dragon in the Bible) descended on earth in July 1999 to persecute the righteous people.

In July 1999 the Chinese Communist Party started to persecute 100 million Falun Dafa practitioners in China.

Nostradamus stated: Twenty and seven years his bloody war will last. (C8 Q77)

Now the fascinating part is that the CCP started their persecution of FD on 20/7 1999 - see the numbers 20 and 7...

So July 2019 would be the Great Judgment according to Nostradamus.

And seven years later in 2026 a new earth for the survivors.

And from 2011-2019 the sixth scroll and the seven seals shall come one disaster every year...

Looks like interesting next 6-12 months with Elenin, Maya ninth wave, sinkholes, mudslides etc....

PS: Check out the catastrophes seen in meditation and the way to be saved from destruction:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
Matthew 24:14

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

How was Jesus, who some say was just an ordinary man, able to make such an accurate prediction? What made him think that his message would really reach that far. It would be different if he said the message would spread throughout their land, but Jesus made the claim that the message would be heard world wide and to all nations. That's a pretty bold prediction for those days.

As we can see today with our own eyes the message of Jesus is still being spread all over the world, he has the most followers and believers the world has ever seen. Regardless of what your thoughts are about Jesus I don't think anyone can over look this prophecy, the mere fact that this prophecy is being played out right before our eyes says alot about Jesus and the message he was spreading at the time.

IMO this is The Greatest Prophecy of All Time.
edit on 15-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

mmmmmmm, this is more or less the standard interpretation of the biblical writings. it has been interpreted thus for hundreds of years i suppose, and few bother to question if it really means that. just stop for a minute and look at the childishness of the story. god creates a planet, makes man and woman and tells them to multiply. well, look what thats done. resources are not sufficient to feed everyone and pollution abounds. then he says if you dont believe in my son jc you'll go to hell or be wiped out or something nasty. thats a pretty low assessment of a loving creator dont you think? its a pretty boring plot with little imagination. but it does give power to the priestly class down through the centuries and their morality is often questionable.
personally, i decided years ago if anyone was excluded from heaven then i was not interested in being a member either. its everyone in or i'm out! and if that meant anihilation then what did it matter anyway. what is the sense in preserving an ego? and if you think it meant eternal suffering in the pits of hell then you've bought and believed in too much of the distortion.
centuries ago any real guidance for a way out of duality was rewritten to suit the priestly class.i think it was in constantinople but some may have more of an accurate time and place than i.

later it all became clearer and i dont buy the heaven/hell thingy anymore. its more likely that the "son" is the higher consciousness and if one is centred in that then they are out of duality and become one with the universe/god or whatever. it is not an evolvment but rather an enlightenment. it is not a gain or priviledge or similar so much as it is a revealing of ones true nature, for if something could be gained it could also be lost. it is the ever active mind that masks the truth, and the bible instructs you to be still and know the truth.

there are several paths to this end and some, i believe, who are sincerely devoted to jesus or god in their hearts and live a life of love and compassion for their fellow man/woman will also awaken. it would appear to me that in the age fast approaching us, after much war and birthpangs, it will be an era of awakened people. their understanding will be such that no creature would be allowed to suffer and any needs would swiftly be met by those in close proximity. this era is all part of the cycle of creation, at least in our neck of the universe. the dualistic times, the wars, the thuggery, it was all meant to be and is just how it is. no reason, no cause, no explanation.

the gospel, so called, may be an experience that is yet to come. perhaps some vision universally that one will need a pure heart to comprehend. and if understood in ones heart will lead on to an awakening of some sort. i dont believe it is as you describe it. i believe jesus the man had this "christ" consciousness and new all that was to be known. he new the time would come when this sign/gospel would be known/shown to all. for him it would be natural knowledge of the cycles so he could easily prophesize it. not really bold when you know the cosmic rythms. its not a matter of preaching around the world the the "christian" interpretation of the bible. numbers are an unreliable indication of validity. and i'm sure millions of bhuddists and moslems and hindus have other ideas about god, reality and the like, and are unaware of the populist christian beliefs.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

So believe on Jesus, faith, and follow Jesus' commandments gives you eternal life.

WOW!

If you can do these things with a pure and honest heart then you will be granted access. May the Lord be with you.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
._. has ANYONE here heard the quote: "Even the devil can cite the scriptures for his own purpose?"

Relentless quotings of scriptures in this thread are making me nausiated.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
To believe, to say we must look to the Old Testament, the Old Covenant is wrong. The New Covenant does not point to the Old Covenant, it is the opposite. The Old Covenant prepares us for the New Covenant which is
greater. So many examples one could share, to me the most powerful ~ The Passover Lamb was sacrificed offered to God and then consumed in the Old Covenant.

In the New Covenant, Jesus Christ who is God becomes the Passover Lamb sacrificed and offered to the Father. All Christians understand and accept this but there is more, again, something greater. As we see in the Old Covenant, the Passover Lamb must be consumed. Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Passover Lamb is consumed, when one receives God Himself in the consecrated host, the Holy Eucharist. This is God's plan.

The beautiful humility of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17
If then any be in Christ a new creature, the old things are passed away, behold all things are made new.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
reply to post by Trueman

According to Nostradamus the King of Terror(The Great red Dragon in the Bible) descended on earth in July 1999 to persecute the righteous people.

In July 1999 the Chinese Communist Party started to persecute 100 million Falun Dafa practitioners in China.

Nostradamus stated: Twenty and seven years his bloody war will last. (C8 Q77)

Now the fascinating part is that the CCP started their persecution of FD on 20/7 1999 - see the numbers 20 and 7...

So July 2019 would be the Great Judgment according to Nostradamus.

And seven years later in 2026 a new earth for the survivors.

And from 2011-2019 the sixth scroll and the seven seals shall come one disaster every year...

Looks like interesting next 6-12 months with Elenin, Maya ninth wave, sinkholes, mudslides etc....

PS: Check out the catastrophes seen in meditation and the way to be saved from destruction:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good post, thanks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join