It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Prophecy of All Time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
Maybe Jesus had a habit of really talking himself up? I think it's worked.

And i guess he knew it would work ;')

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Man, another christian stereotype thread. This doesn't make us look good

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Man, another christian stereotype thread. This doesn't make us look good

It's ok! Not every self-proclaimed Christian is "good".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

And this gospel of the kingdom =? What exactly does the gospel of the kingdom mean?
will be preached in all the world = ? Should I assume this means the entire earth?
as a witness to all the nations =? All the nations of the World/earth? Or select nations?
and then the end will come =? Then the end of "what" will come?

Since I haven't read the entire Bible, perhaps you could clarify this "prophecy" for me.

Could you interpret these lines so I might understand the message better?

The gospel of the kingdom is this = Eternal Life through the belief in Jesus Christ the one whom God has sent for the salvation of the world.

Mark 16:15-16
“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."

So what is it that Christ wants us to believe?

John 3
"as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Preached in all the world means just that, the whole world.

and the end will come means = the end of wickedness and sorrow on this planet

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Or it could mean that those who hear the word can either choose to believe it or not. Not everyone of age nor every person who dies will have heard the Gospel and God specifically speaks to this though I forget what it's called.

So this passage could simply be saying that those who hear it are to be held accountable not that every person WILL actually hear it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Or it could mean that those who hear the word can either choose to believe it or not. Not everyone of age nor every person who dies will have heard the Gospel and God specifically speaks to this though I forget what it's called.

So this passage could simply be saying that those who hear it are to be held accountable not that every person WILL actually hear it.

I would agree that God will not punish those who have never physically heard it or even those who have died in the past that have not heard it. However, those who have heard the message will be held accountable. If it's true (which I think it is) then that is a pretty scary thought. Most people on the planet have heard this message, many have accepted and many are rejecting it. In either case the message has been put out there for people to accept or reject and because of that man will be without excuse on the Day of Judgement.

For some the message is just foolishness and fairy tales, thats fine, but I would have to agree that:

1 Corinthians 1:18
"...the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written:
“ I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,
"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I find it hard to believe that the message of the gospel can be told to the whole world. For example, how do you tell someone in an African tribe about Jesus? With just popping and clicking sounds? How about all the tribes hidden in the Amazon?
Should we find them, learn their language, cloth them, teach them the gospel or just classify them savages and kill them off in the name of God like in old times?

Friend.. believe me, everyone in Africa knows who Jesus is. Google Africa and Christianity.

Everyone? That's a bold assumption.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

You are right.. maybe not everyone. ;')

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Try to answer this using your own words...

Why does a belief in a "name" = Eternal life?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
An exerpt of ''The bible as literature'' by John B. Gabel and Charles B. Wheeler.
''In the gospels the Messiah is linked with the mysterious and equally problematical ''Son of Man,'' a term that Jesus uses constantly in apparent reference to himself. It is first found in Ezekial, where it means simply ''man''-in other words, it specifically indicates that the bearer of the name (Ezekial) is not divine. It next appears in Daniel 7:13, where (in the literal sense of the Hebrew text) ''one like a son of man'' is a sovereign figure who apparently is to reign over the entire world at the end of the age, although he has no role in bringing the end about. But in other intertestamental writings the picture is much clearer. In the influential book of Enoch, the role of the Son of Man is undoubtedly messianic. He preexists in Heaven until the time for revelation, when he will appear on the throne of glory and pass final judgement on the world, sending sinners to eternal punishment and accepting the righteous into his presence for their eternal reward.''- - page 162 PP2.
The brass kingdom that is to rule the entire earth appears in every bible.
bible.cc...
I am a fifth class human.
www.disclose.tv...
I am the True Judge and shall be the final pope.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I really can't answer this on my own or say it any better than this:

"....for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 and

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,..." 1 Timothy 2:5-6

The full answer would require a much deeper study and need it's own thread, the above is just the short version.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

"....for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 and

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,..." 1 Timothy 2:5-6

The full answer would require a much deeper study and need it's own thread, the above is just the short version.

Those are not your own words...

This doesn't require its own thread, just think about it...

You believe in jesus, that must mean you understand what he taught...

OR...

You're one of those people who believe, that just "believing" is all that takes. Meaning you haven't read his words for yourself, someone preached the bible to you.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

OR...

You're one of those people who believe, that just "believing" is all that takes. Meaning you haven't read his words for yourself, someone preached the bible to you.

While I have learned alot from other brothers and sisters in the Lord I am self taught by the Holy Spirit, I have read the scriptures front to back many times. I have studied every major religion and have read all of their text. I have translated the New Testament from Greek to English by pencil and a typewriter. I know the scriptures very well.

I do not claim any specific domination of the church so I don't go to any building to learn the message. I find that most of the things that I know about scripture are in harmony with those who also study the Word, I believe that is the power of the Holy Spirit that is doing the teaching.

I don't mind giving my own interpretations but I try to avoid that because the scriptures speak for themselves if you study hard enough. Giving my own interpretations opens the door for scrutiny so it is better to let the scriptures speak for themselves.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Matthew 24:14

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

How was Jesus, who some say was just an ordinary man, able to make such an accurate prediction? What made him think that his message would really reach that far. It would be different if he said the message would spread throughout their land, but Jesus made the claim that the message would be heard world wide and to all nations. That's a pretty bold prediction for those days.

As we can see today with our own eyes the message of Jesus is still being spread all over the world, he has the most followers and believers the world has ever seen. Regardless of what your thoughts are about Jesus I don't think anyone can over look this prophecy, the mere fact that this prophecy is being played out right before our eyes says alot about Jesus and the message he was spreading at the time.

IMO this is The Greatest Prophecy of All Time.
edit on 15-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Yes it's true, we see the Internet fulfills Matthew 24:14.

Another confirmation of our times soon to happen. Written in Scripture and confirmed by prophecy. People ask where is the Great Warning in the Bible?

- - - - -
GOD SPEAKS WILL YOU LISTEN
June, 07

The Secrets of Man's Heart

...My people lay aside your secret sins. Focus on your Jesus, not on this world. Remove the sins from your life now in the hour of mercy by the light of my spirit. All of mankind will soon have my light shine into their souls. Will you be able to withstand that day? Or will you cry to the rocks and the mountains to cover you and to try and hide from my presence? Better to be humble in my sight today than to wait until that hour. Take advantage of my mercies and graces today. For now is the acceptable time. Now is the day of salvation. Do not presume on my mercy. Cleanse your soul in my precious blood and make your soul acceptable in my sight today. The words of the Lord.

Revelation 6:12-17
And I saw, when he had opened the sixth seal, and behold there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair: and the whole moon became as blood: [13] And the stars from heaven fell upon the earth, as the fig tree casteth its green figs when it is shaken by a great wind: [14] And the heaven departed as a book folded up: and every mountain, and the islands were moved out of their places. For the great day of their wrath is come, and who shall be able to stand? [15] And the kings of the earth, and the princes, and tribunes, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of mountains: [16] And they say to the mountains and the rocks: Fall upon us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth upon the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb: [17] For the great day of their wrath is come, and who shall be able to stand?

- - - - -

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

OR...

While I have learned alot from other brothers and sisters in the Lord I am self taught by the Holy Spirit, I have read the scriptures front to back many times. I have studied every major religion and have read all of their text. I have translated the New Testament from Greek to English by pencil and a typewriter. I know the scriptures very well.

I do not claim any specific domination of the church so I don't go to any building to learn the message. I find that most of the things that I know about scripture are in harmony with those who also study the Word, I believe that is the power of the Holy Spirit that is doing the teaching.

I don't mind giving my own interpretations but I try to avoid that because the scriptures speak for themselves if you study hard enough. Giving my own interpretations opens the door for scrutiny so it is better to let the scriptures speak for themselves.

See this kind of answer begs for scrutiny...

The answer im looking for is quite simple... but you basically danced around the answer either because you are afraid to give it (due to said scrutiny i suppose) or because you actually don't know what Jesus taught.

If you're afraid to answer with your own words i'll leave you be...

Though if you want the bible scriptures to "speak for themselves" You may not like what you recieve...

Lets let the scriptures speak for themselves shall we....

Kill your stuborn child...

18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Women and children arn't worth as much as men...

1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When a man shall make a singular vow, the persons shall be for the LORD by thy estimation.

3And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary.

4And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.

5And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

6And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.

7And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

8But if he be poorer than thy estimation, then he shall present himself before the priest, and the priest shall value him; according to his ability that vowed shall the priest value him.

Murdering people for taking a census ordered by God...

1And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

2For the king said to Joab the captain of the host, which was with him, Go now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beersheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people.

3And Joab said unto the king, Now the LORD thy God add unto the people, how many soever they be, an hundredfold, and that the eyes of my lord the king may see it: but why doth my lord the king delight in this thing?

4Notwithstanding the king's word prevailed against Joab, and against the captains of the host. And Joab and the captains of the host went out from the presence of the king, to number the people of Israel.

5And they passed over Jordan, and pitched in Aroer, on the right side of the city that lieth in the midst of the river of Gad, and toward Jazer:

6Then they came to Gilead, and to the land of Tahtimhodshi; and they came to Danjaan, and about to Zidon,

7And came to the strong hold of Tyre, and to all the cities of the Hivites, and of the Canaanites: and they went out to the south of Judah, even to Beersheba.

8So when they had gone through all the land, they came to Jerusalem at the end of nine months and twenty days.

9And Joab gave up the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

10And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the LORD, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O LORD, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

11For when David was up in the morning, the word of the LORD came unto the prophet Gad, David's seer, saying,

12Go and say unto David, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things; choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

13So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three days' pestilence in thy land? now advise, and see what answer I shall return to him that sent me.

14And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.

15So the LORD sent a pestilence upon Israel from the morning even to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan even to Beersheba seventy thousand men

Murder of 450 priests...

1 Kings 18:17-40:

"And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel? And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim. Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table...And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken...Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God. And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there."

more garbage....

10And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

11And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

12And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.

13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them

See what i mean?

Why complicate things when the answer is simple?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Is it a prophecy or a curse?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

OR...

See this kind of answer begs for scrutiny...

The answer im looking for is quite simple... but you basically danced around the answer either because you are afraid to give it (due to said scrutiny i suppose) or because you actually don't know what Jesus taught.

If you're afraid to answer with your own words i'll leave you be...

Though if you want the bible scriptures to "speak for themselves" You may not like what you recieve...

Lets let the scriptures speak for themselves shall we....

Kill your stuborn child...

18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Women and children arn't worth as much as men...

1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When a man shall make a singular vow, the persons shall be for the LORD by thy estimation.

3And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary.

4And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.

5And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

6And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.

7And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

8But if he be poorer than thy estimation, then he shall present himself before the priest, and the priest shall value him; according to his ability that vowed shall the priest value him.

Murdering people for taking a census ordered by God...

1And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

2For the king said to Joab the captain of the host, which was with him, Go now through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan even to Beersheba, and number ye the people, that I may know the number of the people.

3And Joab said unto the king, Now the LORD thy God add unto the people, how many soever they be, an hundredfold, and that the eyes of my lord the king may see it: but why doth my lord the king delight in this thing?

4Notwithstanding the king's word prevailed against Joab, and against the captains of the host. And Joab and the captains of the host went out from the presence of the king, to number the people of Israel.

5And they passed over Jordan, and pitched in Aroer, on the right side of the city that lieth in the midst of the river of Gad, and toward Jazer:

6Then they came to Gilead, and to the land of Tahtimhodshi; and they came to Danjaan, and about to Zidon,

7And came to the strong hold of Tyre, and to all the cities of the Hivites, and of the Canaanites: and they went out to the south of Judah, even to Beersheba.

8So when they had gone through all the land, they came to Jerusalem at the end of nine months and twenty days.

9And Joab gave up the sum of the number of the people unto the king: and there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men that drew the sword; and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men.

10And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the LORD, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O LORD, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

11For when David was up in the morning, the word of the LORD came unto the prophet Gad, David's seer, saying,

12Go and say unto David, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things; choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

13So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three days' pestilence in thy land? now advise, and see what answer I shall return to him that sent me.

14And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.

15So the LORD sent a pestilence upon Israel from the morning even to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan even to Beersheba seventy thousand men

Murder of 450 priests...

1 Kings 18:17-40:

"And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel? And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim. Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table...And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken...Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God. And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there."

more garbage....

10And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

11And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

12And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.

13If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them

See what i mean?

Why complicate things when the answer is simple?

You seem to be implying that I don't know what Jesus taught, I can only say your wrong. And what does the Law of Moses have to do with this prophecy? Jesus did not teach any of the things you are pointing out.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I only say: This is the most simple prophecy of all time, and the most general, and the most predictable.
'Nuff said

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You seem to be implying that I don't know what Jesus taught, I can only say your wrong. And what does the Law of Moses have to do with this prophecy? Jesus did not teach any of the things you are pointing out

I wasn't implying anything, mearly asking "closed ended" questions. Im not sure what you know about Jesus, thats what im trying to find out.

You said "let the scriptures speak for themselves"... So i provided you with some scripture...

Either way can you answer my question or no...?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
I only say: This is the most simple prophecy of all time, and the most general, and the most predictable.
'Nuff said

In today's world it would be easy to make such a claim and have it spread like wildfire and you can thank the internet for that, but 2,000 years ago this was not the case. It should noted that there were alot of so-called Messiahs running around in those days, but none of them have survived long enough or had the type of impact as the message of Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join