It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Prophecy of All Time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Matthew 24:14

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

How was Jesus, who some say was just an ordinary man, able to make such an accurate prediction? What made him think that his message would really reach that far. It would be different if he said the message would spread throughout their land, but Jesus made the claim that the message would be heard world wide and to all nations. That's a pretty bold prediction for those days.

As we can see today with our own eyes the message of Jesus is still being spread all over the world, he has the most followers and believers the world has ever seen. Regardless of what your thoughts are about Jesus I don't think anyone can over look this prophecy, the mere fact that this prophecy is being played out right before our eyes says alot about Jesus and the message he was spreading at the time.

IMO this is The Greatest Prophecy of All Time.
edit on 15-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Excellent post and I concur!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Hello,
So..when is it then? The end of the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Hello,
So..when is it then? The end of the world.

I don't understand your question. Are you asking when the world will end?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yes...the end will come! When?
This is what it says on this prophecy.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
Matthew 24:14

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

How was Jesus, who some say was just an ordinary man, able to make such an accurate prediction? What made him think that his message would really reach that far. It would be different if he said the message would spread throughout their land, but Jesus made the claim that the message would be heard world wide and to all nations. That's a pretty bold prediction for those days.

As we can see today with our own eyes the message of Jesus is still being spread all over the world, he has the most followers and believers the world has ever seen. Regardless of what your thoughts are about Jesus I don't think anyone can over look this prophecy, the mere fact that this prophecy is being played out right before our eyes says alot about Jesus and the message he was spreading at the time.

IMO this is The Greatest Prophecy of All Time.
edit on 15-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Yeah but Christianity has been spread to all of the people for quite awhile now.The End hasn't come. Failed Prophecy?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
He's saying the prophecy is that Jesus claimed his message would be spread to all nations and all people.

One could argue that prophecy has come true.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Yes...the end will come! When?
This is what it says on this prophecy.

I see, I believe what he is saying is that once the message has been heard by all nations and tribes then he will return. There are alot of tribes and villages that have not heard the message yet. For example check out this story www.thestar.com... I don't know if anyone has started preaching to them but this is just an example of the fact that there are many out there who have not heard the Word yet. This is why some become missionaries so that they can share the message with those who have not heard it yet.

As far as when and exactly how the world will end I can only recommend that you read the whole chapter of Matthew 24. Jesus gives a clear cut answer to how things will happen in Matthew 24, you can also check out Revelation for details about the end times.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only." Matthew 24:36

Feel free to ask questions, I'll do my best to help you understand.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

One New Man, Jew and Gentile, the True Church will rebuild God's Temple in Jerusalem. Read your Bibles and believe in no man or you will be deceived. After the Millenium will come Armageddon and God's Judgement and New Jerusalem will come down. DON'T BELIEVE ME CHECK FOR YOURSELVES IN THE BIBLE!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This Gospel has been torn apart already, by me I might add, in other threads. It in no way can be attibuted to any point in time including today.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The Gospel has to be preached back to the Jews. This is God's Master Plan!!! and together Jew and Gentile will build God's dwelling place to be with us! ARE YOU IN OR OUT???

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And this gospel of the kingdom =? What exactly does the gospel of the kingdom mean?
will be preached in all the world = ? Should I assume this means the entire earth?
as a witness to all the nations =? All the nations of the World/earth? Or select nations?
and then the end will come =? Then the end of "what" will come?

Since I haven't read the entire Bible, perhaps you could clarify this "prophecy" for me.

Could you interpret these lines so I might understand the message better?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Agreed, great prophecy. As far as tribes not hearing Jesus' message, I'm reading a book now titled He Walked The Americas... A collection of legends held by North and South American Indian tribes who have old legends about a White prophet, a master teacher, who preached the same message as Jesus Christ. Several legends hold that he would show them the scars on his palms. What is very interesting is that many of them say that he liked them to choose a name for him...Who knows??
If it interests anyone, you can find some excerpts at www.wolflodge.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that the message of the gospel can be told to the whole world. For example, how do you tell someone in an African tribe about Jesus? With just popping and clicking sounds? How about all the tribes hidden in the Amazon?
Should we find them, learn their language, cloth them, teach them the gospel or just classify them savages and kill them off in the name of God like in old times?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

This verse in particular can mean a number of different things. It could mean the world at the time of the writing or just the leaders of nations or every single individual. It is far too cryptic to try and get specifics out of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

You sure the book your reading isn't The Book of Mormon?

They too teach this claim.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

This verse in particular can mean a number of different things. It could mean the world at the time of the writing or just the leaders of nations or every single individual. It is far too cryptic to try and get specifics out of it.

True, your correct this is why I'm being a bit sarcastic. Ask every religious movement what is the fastest growing religion in the world and they will tell you their religion is.
edit on 15-8-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe Jesus had a habit of really talking himself up? I think it's worked.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It could also mean it will be preached as a witness but nowhere does it state that everyone will hear it. Simply that it will be preached and will be a witness for those that hear it. This could imply that not everyone will hear the words.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I find it hard to believe that the message of the gospel can be told to the whole world. For example, how do you tell someone in an African tribe about Jesus? With just popping and clicking sounds? How about all the tribes hidden in the Amazon?
Should we find them, learn their language, cloth them, teach them the gospel or just classify them savages and kill them off in the name of God like in old times?

Friend.. believe me, everyone in Africa knows who Jesus is. Google Africa and Christianity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join