It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting Connection to Another Person

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Ha! Yea I was messing with the avatar...it was too big
I replied PS....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Its all part of the process! You are with family here

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

I;m gonna u2u the same ritual I sent off to TG a few minutes ago....

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Check your u2u's and sleep well!

TG

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

well sounds like you just need to meet me and forget all about him!

Seriously , im sorry to hear about all this, really I am.......I believe people can cast spells on other people, and i believe that intent can cause many things........

My heart goes out to you, be careful

LOL, that's the most tempting offer I've received in a long, long time, MBTM.

Thanks for taking a moment to express such kind words and well wishes. The unknown is a strong and powerful thing if we don't recognize it. I'm getting stronger and more aware of what's happened/happening every day.

Your kindness and concern is wholeheartedly appreciated - TG

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

no i totally feel you, It seems to be soemthing in the air lately.........ive been going through some pretty intense bad luck lately myself.........

Im not sure what it is...........I hope im not cursed!

LoL im glad it was tempting lol i get a good one in every once in a while

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by yourmaker
been there, still doing that. she came and went but not the feelings I developed too late for her.
she admittedly liked me a lot when we first met and I liked her too. we had such a deep connection for the longest time.
at the time I was not ready to be apart of anything though. I met her on the first day of a new school, living out of a hotel, I had just lost everything I ever owned in a house fire in the area I had just moved to and didnt want her to be hurt in any way.. she still lives just down the road I think, but she doesn't want any part of me, that's clear, because I was clear at the time, I couldn't for the sake of her, she doesn't know this though.

Wow watch Glee much?
This is their last season storyline for the "SAM" character.
edit on 14-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: edit for spelling

really? which part? because that's my life. lol. can't say i've watched more then a minute of glee and barely know of it's existance due to commercials. I just googled Sam, and I can see similiarities. for one, I am a white blonde guy.
other then that, i'm interested in what you mean.

His whole story the girl the fire, and the hotel living thing lol.
Maybe they stole your life story!

are you freaking kidding me??? I don't really know what to say. it wasn't as much fun as i'm sure he made it look

I just can't believe some writers sat there and ended up coming up with something that happened to me in the flesh.

I haven't really told anyone, and my life story is very deep. that would mean i'm living some truman show life lol...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Hi Timid,

I know exactly, and I meant exactly what you mean and what you are going through. Years ago, I too met a man whom I 'recognized' immediately...and something drew us together. We worked at the same place, so he would drive me home, call me first thing in the morning, come in to work when he didn't need to (it was a nightclub), help me out whenever I needed it...etc. I felt so strongly about him (although strictly platonic after I discovered he was married - no wedding ring to tip me off) that I was also sure something else would take place between us: it almost felt ordained or meant to be, like you. I felt he was my soulmate...well, what I didn't know at that time is that 'soulmates' come in all shapes and sizes and sexes and for a multitude of reasons. Perhaps there was some karmic element at play, for I had often 'left' past relationships without the proper...ummm, manners these things normally require. So maybe it was about evening the score? For me, I mean, not you...although something you might give some thought to? It helps if one at least knows WHY, right?

Anyway, then my guy went away...moved across the country with his new companion (he had left his wife and promptly took up with a gal who I was told looked like me). But before he did, he dropped by my place to return a rocking chair he'd borrowed (which I later discovered was broken beyond repair). I watched him leave from behind the curtain...and he didn't move. His truck sat there, unstarted, for quite a while. As I watched him drive away, I knew I would never see him again.

The next two years were the worst. I thought about him constantly. I could not eat or sleep properly and I sank further into this weird abyss...one created when he left. I couldn't even listen to music anymore...it's like all the colour was sucked out of my existence...I was where you are...and I made it through...you will, too.

I do still think about him. We did talk once and it was then I heard he had had a child with this new lady, so I knew it was done...whatever it had been in the first place.

Timid, you sound like a sweetie, so don't let this get to you. The old thing about time healing is not exactly true, but it does place TIME between you and him and that is what allows the memory to lessen in severity. Hate to say it, but from one who has been there, it is likely that time is indeed your best friend.

You've lost someone you cared for greatly and maybe in a way you never had before...mourning that loss is natural and everyone takes as long as they need to to complete the process. So take the time you need...and I send you warm and supportive cosmic hugs.

Namaste,
GreenIrish

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This thread resonates with me so much. Recently I dropped out of college and came home to having no friends left here..they had all gone off to college also. So somehow I ended up reconnecting with a friend from 7th grade, who had lived down the street for a couple years.
She had a younger brother who I swear was me in male form. Not just physically looks, but attitude, lifeline, everything really. At first I wasn't awestruck by his beauty, which is odd for me because good looking males usually make me clam up. For some reason, he made me just myself. Anytime I would come home after speaking to him, while at my friends house, my family would ask me why I was glowing or so happy lol. He had an on again, off again girlfriend and though I clearly liked him, and I could feel he liked me too, I didn't pursue in respect of their relationship. Eventually, when I believed he had broken up with his girl for good I sent him an honest message explaining the weird connection I felt...he replied saying he felt the same. After me spilling out my unconditional and probably overtly honest love for him...I denied his sexual advance and told him we should take it slow since we had yet to hang out alone and he got discouraged i guess. I never heard from him after repeated attempts. His "girlfriend" had gone off on me multiple times, and since he didn't acknowledge my attempts anymore I'd given up.
Then one sunday I thought I would extend my love once more, and invited him to go to a metaphysical store with me, odd I know. He didn't reply again, and ended up getting into some drama that day, and is now in jail.

aside from him ignoring me, his sister (my friend) has laughed at my love for him, and I'm pretty sure he made a joke out of it too. I have tried multiple times to forget about him, block him out, and even be angry with him. But I can't do anything but love and miss him. He's shows up in my dreams, and I miss his touch I've never felt.

I know I'm just one of many on this thread who feel this way and I want to thank you all for posting, shout out to the OP timidgirl for being brave enough to start this. My love and warmth goes out to all of you, and I hope you, and I both find closure on these "timeless loves" soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by Never Despise

I respect your views and in general theory, I agree with them; however, this is a situation which defies logic in my opinion. In my situation, we knew each other for more than a year before he accepted a two-year position overseas (perhaps not a "short" period of time to some but short over the span of a lifetime in my view, hence my original description). Our connection was so strong that he wanted me to go with him but I had other considerations I couldn't disregard and I honestly didn't think that "love" was part of the equation for me at that point. I still don't know if this is about love but that seems to be what everyone else is picking up on; all I know is that I think about him every single day, I dream about him, I feel stuck in some depressing and unexplainable way and it's not natural in my opinion. As I said earlier, our connection was extreme and survived many challenges until I became scared by the intensity of the attachment. This happened a few months after his post expired and he returned to the US.

I wish I could just will this away with a realization that it's a fantasized memory; I'm a fairly logical and analytical person and would like to think that I could easily do that under most circumstances. The fact that I CAN'T in this instance is what precipitated my thread. This feeling of grief started the moment I severed the relationship (or whatever you want to call it) and hasn't decreased in intensity for the two years since. I'm drained and want to move on.

I don't mean to sound defensive and hope I'm not coming off as such but I'm tired and looking for any advice for outlets of relief as opposed to what equates to psychoanalysis about relationships or romanticized fantasies. Believe me, I've tried everything and have probably worn down my family and friends to no end from my sheer inability to move forward, but I have great faith in the diversity of the members on this board and have gained some new insights and perspective from many of the replies.

TG

hi timid, was just browsing ats to see if this was referenced on here, like many on this thread I recognise the experience although mine was a little hellacious given I had some very weird karma with this woman and have no desire to ever see her again

the first 10 articles in a very general way on this guys site prove a very interesting overview

he wrote a book all about it after it happened to him, and impacted his life enormously

stevegunn.net...
edit on 25-9-2011 by Dharma Employee because: I called a gal a dude

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dharma Employee

Thanks for this link.. It looks very interesting but is downloading somewhat slowly for me right now. Anyway, since I originally posted this thread, I actually had the opportunity to see this person again and immediately realized that I want nothing to do with him anymore either (and now the shoe is on the other foot). Can't really describe it other than to say that whatever happened two years ago was definitely for the best, but perhaps with all of the funkiness going on in the world right now, I guess I reverted to missing the security I thought I had with him at one time (but which was always just a facade). As soon as I saw him, I knew that I needed to make the final break and I haven't looked back or had an inkling of a doubt since.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dharma Employee

Wanted to post again to let you know I checked out Steve Gunn's site. Not sure if I should thank you or strangle you because it left me with way too much food for thought, lol.

In any event, the strangling comment is obviously tongue in cheek and I wanted to say that I found it to be the most interesting read I've ever had on the topic. Gained a lot of knowledge from it and just wanted to say thanks!

TG

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
thats ok, pleased it was helpful

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join