It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer seeks criminal charges against woman who videotaped police beating

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

you too are tired of the senseless bully acts of the police. i can see that. my words are only words as of right now, but the action will come when my eyes cry for my fellow man who is in a position were he cannot fight for himself against the tyranny of this country. my hands are both registered weapons according to martial art regulations from acheiving second degree black in tae kwon do. i have learned to restrain myself in unnecessary scenarios. but come the time were i see this happening with my two neural cameras, trust me, my two natural weapons will acheive righteous justice indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

I grew up in in a sureal world of an insane genius ex-con step dad whos sickness and brutality have made me not only trained to hurt and kill but by all rights should be socially conditioned for it too. However there is a Mustard Seed in me of faith in something better,more that turned this from being a cruel person to a wounded warrior who has too many times ¨put it on the line¨ in rejection of injustice and cruelty. I became the kid who either took the beating or dished it out when the others were picking on the ¨retard¨ ( the most belssed among us if loved and nurtured). To the man who ran out buck naked with a maple pole and stopped a gang from breaking in my neighbors house (still get headaches from the 22oz beer can opened on my skull). The guy who ran down the armed robber running out of wendyś and broke the hand holding the gun in my face.
When I say the police are on my high alert danger list, it means I will throw it all to the wind if they are going rogue.
It is what needs done and it will be someone who is like me who starts the intervention. Call me a rescue Pitt Bull ready to bite the old owner.
seed

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The cops better be GLAD we shoot them with cameras.

You know what the alternative is right?

Well, they should count their blessings and call it a game while they are ahead.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think a counter suit should be placed on the cop for attempting to conceal evidence. That would make me laugh.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I think the real story is going to be what happens with the charges. Anyone can file claims against anyone else they want. If a court upholds that she did nothing wrong- we're all still ok. ...for now...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Has anyone bothered to see if there is a law about this? You can yell for snipers all day but if there is a law and this individual broke it than the police officer has a right to file charges.

Complaing on a website won't change that fact in a court so if it bothers you than move to the State and petition to have the law changed.
Yes COP, it is a crime to film LEO's in Mass, however, hiding being the law like that is nothing but cowardice. I started reading this thread waiting to see your insane posting and you didnt fail me. Its also a crime to steal and kidnap people, but im sure you find a way to do it everyday. I stand firm, the only people who are cops are sociopaths, any normal person couldn't stomach the filth that is the modern LEO.
edit on 13-8-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

I couldn't agree more with your "stand up for the little guy" mentality. I learned self defense because it was necessary in my house with my dad being ex military/ nam vet. I see men hitting women a lot and it makes me tweak a little. When I see cops beating the life out of people and them charging someone who documented it, I kinda wanna tweak a lot. But I stand patiently till it comes to my doorstep like everyone else. Sigh......

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Avoid and fear all American police like the plague. Yes ALL. There is no such thing as a "good" cop. Never heard or seen one before. Even if they do exist, they're just going to get weeded out by the rest of the police dept. THEY'RE ALL NOTHING BUT THUGS.

Just imagine them as wild bears. Would you go up and videotape a bear from a few feet away?

Oh and when you're in trouble, forget about calling the police.

Example scenario:

You catch a guy breaking into your car and you manage to detain him with pepper spray, martial arts etc.

Call the police and report.

They take an hour or two to arrive to the scene.

Give YOU a good beat down. And detain you with the other guy.

Now depending on your race and what you are wearing/ drive 2 things could happen.

If you're wearing a nice suit and drive a BMW or Benz they will let you go.

Anything else, they'll treat you as the criminal and jail you. You end up paying bail and a defense attorney. The real criminal gets a slap in the wrist and released.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

It is not a crime to film cops there. You have been misinformed.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

It may be a while back, but they "made an example" of Mumia for doing something similar to what you mention.

In no way am I saying that Mumia's behaviour was criminal, though.

I have spent many hours thinking about this issue.. The only sensible solution i see is a consensus amongst citizens to stomp out fascist activities in amerika. This needs to be everyone's duty.

Many of us seem to be somewhat paralyzed by this lack of real world common consensus.

There is a stark difference between strong opinion and action.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by NuroSlam

It is not a crime to film cops there. You have been misinformed.

And here is the problem, technicalities, Yes it is legal to record a COP, if and only if he gives his consent, now I ask you, what COP is going to give his consent, especially when hes beating the crap out of someone? Answer, he will not, thus it is a CRIME TO TAPE COPS. To pretend other wise belittles the problem of thug COPS.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow. You're way off mark. You can record a cop to your hearts content without any permissions from them. You should perhaps look this stuff up

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Wow. You're way off mark. You can record a cop to your hearts content without any permissions from them. You should perhaps look this stuff up

Because federal law permits the recording of in-person conversations with the consent of only one of the parties (see 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d)), it's likely the officer had instead meant to cite state law. The Massachusetts wiretapping statute, MGL Ch. 272 § 99, makes it a crime to secretly record an in-person conversation without the consent of all parties to the conversation. Because the statute only addresses secret recordings, those made with a camera in plain sight fall outside the restriction. A 2001 decision by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court made clear that recording police openly does not violate the wiretapping law, and lower courts consistently have recognized that exception. Still, Massachusetts police are charging individuals under the statute despite their cameras being in what most would agree is plain view.

Damon's camera was secured to the side of his helmet. "I said that I was not being secretive since the camera [was] in plain view, right next to my face," Damon said."He demanded that I turn off the camera and hand it to him so he could hold it as evidence." The officer, he said, “continued to talk to me about how serious a crime I had committed with the camera.”

www.citmedialaw.org...

A Massachusetts man is facing five years in prison after secretly recording an argument between himself and a police officer who had pulled him over for a traffic infraction.

Robert E. Mansfield was charged with felony wiretapping after he walked into the police station asking police to rescind the citation for having an obstructed license plate because of a tinted cover.

www.pixiq.com...
Why don't you tell the cops that

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The Massachusetts wiretapping statute, MGL Ch. 272 § 99, makes it a crime to secretly record an in-person...

Does not apply if you're in public and there is no expectation of privacy. Illinois is the only state that hasn't decided this to be the case. That is currently being fought on federal level. Also a protip: just because cops arrest you for something doesn't mean that you have done anything wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The Massachusetts wiretapping statute, MGL Ch. 272 § 99, makes it a crime to secretly record an in-person...

Does not apply if you're in public and there is no expectation of privacy. Illinois is the only state that hasn't decided this to be the case. That is currently being fought on federal level. Also a protip: just because cops arrest you for something doesn't mean that you have done anything wrong.

Tell that to the person who gets arrested, sits in jail, goes to court, and has a permanent arrest record.
Not to mention passing over the second example.
edit on 17-8-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Didn't take long for this to get thrown out. As I said.
Mass. D.A. Says No Wiretapping Laws Broken When Cops Have No Expectation Of Privacy: PINAC

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

They? One officer, Michael Sedergren, has decided to file charges against the woman videotaping.

Thank god.
Since we know exactly who the only bad cop in the country is it will be really easy to do something about it. He is still on the force, right?
Wow, what a relief. For a moment there it seemed like there was a problem in the US with police overstepping and abusing their authority but it is just one guy. That was close.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Tell that to the person who gets arrested, sits in jail, goes to court, and has a permanent arrest record.

Both your examples contained a very specific stipulation.

"secretly."

Hopefully that helps.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I saw a TV promo on on "older movies channel".

An old man had a shootgun pointed at a white guy and a black guy (I think they broke in or something) and the old man says:

"I don't know if I should call the cops or shoot you"

The black guys say: "Shoot me"

I think the movie was from the 70's but... still holds true today.
edit on 8/18/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Both your examples contained a very specific stipulation.

"secretly."

Hopefully that helps.

Yes, that is the point, it is a crime without consent, aims it was done in secret then it must be true much like the first case with the helmet cam. It is simple a way for the cops to ensure they cannot be held accountable for their thuggish actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join