It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are THEY afraid of?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
reply to post by The GUT

Ridiculous!!!!

You have a way with words. But why ridiculous? It's a known fact that the government, the black ops crew, and the MIC are full of folk who love both war and power. In addition most of the alphabets have been involved in programs like remote viewing and MK-Ultra.

A casual study will turn up many names--powerful people--in our alaphabets and military that have sincere beliefs from new age to satanic.

We wonder why the world is so screwed up? It's because it's in the hands of the Godless. Those who think their "will" is the prime directive in life.

Just my opinion, didn't mean to make you use up your weekly quota of exclamation points.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Its the opposite of waht you perceive! Its at the hands of the god people and religion. Wake up!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher
reply to post by The GUT

Its the opposite of waht you perceive! Its at the hands of the god people and religion. Wake up!!

Hey, I didn't wanna believe it either, but it's the grand unifying theory. From NWO to UFOS to Climate Craziness to Man's Inhumanity to Man…it's all in there (the Bible.)

It explains our world--and ourselves--like nothing else extant. When you place the premise as an overlay on our world it's a perfect fit.

There is a battle going on in the heavens and on earth. Our world is a precise reflection of it.

To you, sir, I say: I am rubber, you are glue, whatever you say to me bounces off and sticks to you: Wake Up!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

If you had not quoted my entire post, I would have thought that there must have been an error in the notification system, and that you were actually replying to someone else. I have no clue what you're talking about.

Did you actually read the post of mine, that you quoted word for word?

Try going back and reading the last statement of that post.
(I just noticed a typo: the 2nd to last word- 'OF' should be 'OR')

Originally posted by Heartisblack
All of those traumatised alien abductees?
I was not aware of any traumatized alien abductees that currently hold high ranking government positions.

You can't say all of them are doing it for money because some stories are posted for free.
I humbly appreciate your advice regarding what I cannot say. However, I am not sure what caused you to share this with me, because I made no mention of any money or stories.

But it makes no sense to worship a man you haven't seen to something that may be legit.
Absolutely no sense at all. I have no clue what this ↑↑ statement means.

And all of those little groups of people(Sumerians, Mayans, other people) those are just stories too?
How many 'Sumerians, Mayans, and Other Peoples' hold high-ranking government positions in the powerful countries on this spinning rock?

Okay, we're listening to you dude. We're listening hard.
Please don't call me names. I am not now, nor have I ever been a 'dude.' Thank you!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donegal_TDI
By they I mean the powers that be,
most major world governments,
who most of the time have difficulty agreeing on anything,
but on this one topic,
the ET presence on earth,
they have effectively kept the lid on the alleged facts
for over half a century.

If the nations of the Earth can't agree on anything, why do you think they could agree on keeping aliens secret? Why would countries at odds with each other feel any obligation to keep the other's secrets?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

All of those traumatised alien abductees ? You can't say all of them are doing it for money because some stories are posted for free.

What about them. You are trying to present a false-dichotomy that no one has accused them of. It is not either they are telling the truth or just looking for money. Even if what happens to them is not part of objective reality, it does not mean they are lying.

But it makes no sense to worship a man you haven't seen to something that may be legit. And all of those little groups of people(Sumerians, Mayans, other people) those are just stories too ?

Yes, they very well could be. Humans may have evolved to believe in higher powers; a belief in god may be nothing more than a biological function.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

"They" don't know what to do because depending on the country, they command the loyalty of complex individuals that number in the millions (billions for china and india). Suddenly telling everyone that we need to tweek our religious beliefs and ditch the majority of our individual ideas is a pretty tough sell. They figure that keeping their mouth shut and keeping the status quo is their onlyoption.

The age old question: Can you really handle the truth?

But I think what's at stake here is mind bogglingly immense from our perspective.

Honestly, ufoskeptic.org put it best:

My impression is that, if the above is true, there may be more involved than simply the knowledge that intelligent beings exist on other planets, and that some are able to come here to observe us. I think that at this point in our development, most of the world's cultures could accept such information without catastrophic societal consequences. I conjecture that what is at stake has to do with the possibility that reality may be far more complex than our modern scientific notions of space and time and matter. Mystics might be quite happy with other levels of reality, but for civilization built around commerce and technology entirely grounded in physical reality, news of other realms that intelligences beyond our own may be adept at manipulating could be quite disruptive. Too great a shock to our collective reality could lead to chaos, and this justifiable fear could be a rationale for decades-long secrecy.

Again,

Can you handle the truth?

Are you willing to redefine on the most fundamental level of who and what we really are?

Or a better question... considering the state of this planet....

Do we have a choice?

Cheers,
SJ76

edit on 12-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

They don't tell you what aliens are because of what they are. If they told you what aliens actually were you would be hell bent on removing the TPTB from power. The followers of opposing beliefs, especially those of godly beliefs, are the most dangerous thing there is.

What do you think would happen if TPTB said that aliens are angels and demons, and that there was a war for your soul going on, and that they prayed to a god other than the true creator?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Interesting thread. It's possible that the people at the top of the pyramid are the aliens. We've never been alone. That speaks more logic to me than anything else. Think about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
If the nations of the Earth can't agree on anything, why do you think they could agree on keeping aliens secret? Why would countries at odds with each other feel any obligation to keep the other's secrets?

This.

In fact let me simplify: They are not cooperating. They don't need to cooperate because there are no secrets. Aliens are not coming here, at least no one has any convincing evidence they are. Almost all UFOs have conventional explanations and the ones that don't are either lies/hoaxes or would be explainable with a better sighting. I have no doubt ET is out there, I have every doubt ET is coming here.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

I 100% agree on countries being unable to reconcicle their differences in any sort of meaningful way. This is actually an important point. Earth has no "global voice." In other words, aliens are just shaking their heads at us.

As for aliens not existing or not visiting, that's incorrect. If you had been reading/thinking about the topic extensively since 2003 (like myself), and had peculiar things happen to you and those close to you, then you'd be able to see what's going on here.

It will take the sum total of human knowledge up to this point for us to figure it out.

I'll give you a hint:

-String Theory is correct
-Witten's M-Theory is correct
-Quantum Mechanics is correct
-In reality, there is dark and light. Man and woman. Positive and Negative. Matter and Dark Matter. See any patterns emerging? *Humans are made of matter. What we call aliens are dark matter.*
-There are "limits" to "physical science." (as Einstein and many others have pointed out in their research on accelerating objects to lightspeed)

edit on 12-8-2011 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Heartisblack

I agree with you heart. Religion(I'm sorry folks) is a big thorn in humanities side. I better hush up now because I might get beheaded ...

Anyway, what are they affraid of?

Simple, losing their sheeple

So, you believe that 'sheeple' are people who believe in something with absolutely no evidence whatsoever (even though that's fairly much a central tenet of faith, with evidence you don't need faith or 'want to believe', because you know), but at the same time by the fact you are commenting on this thread you presumably believe something for which there SHOULD be evidence, but there is no solid evidence whatsover?

How often are you sheared?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by wasco2

I 100% agree on countries being unable to reconcicle their differences in any sort of meaningful way. This is actually an important point. Earth has no "global voice." In other words, aliens are just shaking their heads at us.

As for aliens not existing or not visiting, that's incorrect. ]

Then why is there a complete lack, as in zero, convincing or even compelling evidence of their presence? Not to be mean here but if you think you are being abducted by aliens then you probably need therapy.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

This is where your thought process fails. ET has indeed been visiting us, and this is exactly what the world governments (US especially) have been attempting to hide from the public for the past seven decades. The US government classified the UFO phenomena two levels above the manhattan project back in it's heyday. This gives you somewhat of an idea just how important the government thought this problem was. At first the government had to investigate the problem, once they got a somewhat satisfactory asessment on it they began implimenting the secrecy campaign. This began around 1951 with the CIA leading the way. They shut that lid damn well, with the testament to how good a job they did being just how little this phenomena has been mentioned or taken seriously. They have directed their disinformation campaign flawlessly. I have to hand it to them.
edit on 12-8-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They’re afraid of the aliens.

Come on. How hard is that?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Reagan was definitely afraid of them huh?

"I occasionally think how quickly our differences, world wide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask you - is not an alien force already amoung us?" Ronald Reagan

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I always had a theory....that we have been programmed by TPTB and religious officials as to what "evil" is. Naturally anything that looks different , acts different from "normal" is unacceptable to these idiots and "evil". So here we are billions of people on this planet all thinking and believing different things.....but we have the same general theory on what is "evil". So long and the short, what will happen when we are forced to choose between the good or bad. What if what we thought or were programmed to think of as "evil" is actually the good??? and vice a versa????

Alot (not all) hard core religious fanatics give no thought whatsoever to E.T. 's or anything metaphysical ....because it is un-God like. They are also the first to tell you that you are going to burn in hell for thinking these thoughts.......

(no offense intended if you are one of these people)

edit on 12-8-2011 by Minori because: manners

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The rich and powerful that control this planet are afraid of losing their wealth and power from the revelation of extraterrestrial visitation. They have good reason to think they would. Human history is filled with examples of primitive human civilizations being assimilated by more advanced ones when they came into contact. Whether its through violence, disease, or simply the primitive people accepting the greater advances in technology the primitive civilizations became like the advanced ones. In most cases that also meant a loss of power for their local leaders.

Our leaders recognize this problem for themselves. They don't want to let go of how good they have everything now. So they'll fight open contact with extraterrestrials as hard as they can.

Fears of civilization self-destructing from the revelation could also happen, but that's not guaranteed. Its much more guaranteed we humans would throw off the shackles of our old institutions if we were confronted with something better.

I want to note that I do not trust extraterrestrials at all. I assume they live superior lifestyles to us given the advancement of their technology, but I would not greet them with open arms given their decades of subversive secrecy. I would hope humanity could gain something positive from open extraterrestrial contact, but any trust I could have in them is already gone.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Don’t like my explanation? Here’s a better one:

There are no aliens.

Not on Earth, anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
Reagan was definitely afraid of them huh?

"I occasionally think how quickly our differences, world wide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask you - is not an alien force already amoung us?" Ronald Reagan

Kind of left out the operative part of that quote. "What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

Funny how often that part is always left out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join