It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are THEY afraid of?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Here's a thought. Maybe there is/wont be any disclosure because to them, its obvious. They
KNOW...we...THEY...US...ARE them. So why disclose? Just leave it be, and someday it'll become more than obvious to everyone once that levle of conciousness is reached..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There afraid of some of the bad 1's that r out there. I bet there r 1's that want 2 greet us with open arms / 1's that want 2 rip off r arms.

Prob plenty different kinds.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here are a few of my guesses.

1. There is nothing to disclose.
2. The Governments know as much about the phenomenon as the average UFO junkie. So they do not fully grasp what is really going on and are scared to death by this.
3. The Governments have something to gain by keeping the phenomenon to themselves.
4. The pilots of the UFOs want the Governments to keep their mouths shut.
5. The Governments know something about the UFO phenomenon that scares them so much that they would rather die than to give the secret up.
6. The UFO phenomenon has nothing to do with Aliens/Ets, but something else and they are too afraid to tell. Maybe they can't even find the words to describe what is going on.
7. They made a deal with the Devil. Figuratively or literally.
8. They hope the UFO phenomenon will resolve itself.
9. Maybe they hope to use the UFO phenomenon as a scapegoat.
10. UFOs are man made and are secret craft...I would believe all the above before I believed this.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Its you thats stuck on the bible babble not I!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donegal_TDI
By they I mean the powers that be,
most major world governments,
who most of the time have difficulty agreeing on anything,
but on this one topic,
the ET presence on earth,
they have effectively kept the lid on the alleged facts
for over half a century.

No.

If there are any ETs coming to Earth...

* it is 99.9% the fault of ETs who are keeping the 'lid on the alleged facts'.
* THEY are skulking around OUR planet
* they could try to communicate with us, but they do not, because they do not want to.

Any government in this situation would do the logical thing which is to STFU. Think about it from the perspective somebody in government. If there are any ETs coming here, my guess is that governments don't understand or know anything (because of ET actions or non-actions) and yet their constituents would demand that they "do something about it", when nobody has any idea what to do about it.

No "New World Order" conspiracy is necessary, just a little logic and maturity.

It's like telling a neighborhood "there is an invisible potential serial killer who cannot be found seen or arrested or defended against, but nobody's died yet and we don't know if anybody ever will. Just go about your business." What use is that? It just makes people nervous and unhappy.

There is one more scenario useful for global powers with advanced aerospace projects (say the security council members). If people are willing to believe that weird unusual lights are potentially extraterrestrial aircraft they might get less scrutiny and hostility than if they were thought to be what they are, foreign military or surveillance platforms.

I call it "cognitive stealth". Hence strategic ambiguity of the status quo is very useful to many involved. Without conspiring.

edit on 13-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
Here's a thought. Maybe there is/wont be any disclosure because to them, its obvious. They
KNOW...we...THEY...US...ARE them. So why disclose? Just leave it be, and someday it'll become more than obvious to everyone once that levle of conciousness is reached..

Actually finding that "ETs" are super-advanced humans time-traveling from the future would be the one scenario that governments might want to disclose, because in contrast to others, it might be very optimistic and reassuring: "yes we will thrive and our ancestors will be able to do wonderous things."

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The powers that be are always afraid of one thing; Change.
It always has been the main fear. powers that be are afraid
of change because it is the prime catalyst for toppeling the
current chain of command and thus the system in place at
the moment. Whether that relates to aliens? Maybe it does

Real fear, the one that is truly fearfull and earth-shattering
does not expose itself when you look. Real fear comes on
a sunny sunday morning when you are trimming the grass.
Real fear is always unknown, unpredictable and untought
of. Real fear introduces change suddenly and without any
trace of warning. Real fear is always equal to bad changes

But what makes a change bad or negative is a perspective.
What the powers that be might find a threat might not be
so big a threat for the common people. Fear is like all the
things in life; a perspective. Learn to view things in such a
manner that all things are perspective. Even when you think
of things like facts en emotions, they to are perspectives.

Of course you can try to test yourself. There is another race
close to the Earth. It is roughly 125 lightyears away. They
are closest as a species to this planet. Thou different, you
will find their species truly vicious. Made part fungus and part
parasite they will test if you can see fear in perspective.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

A star for your post. I agree with you completely. However...

I think it is safe to assume that, if the aliens are conscious, rational physical beings, then they have material interests just as we have, and will reason and act in pursuit of those interests just as we do. This means we can meaningfully interpret and judge the aliens’ actions and motives, just as if they were those of a human being. We can look at things from the aliens’ point of view.

If they are anything like us, they are here for a purpose. People wouldn’t travel light-years through space just on a whim. Unless their purpose explicitly demands that they make themselves known to humanity, it is probably best for the aliens to remain unobserved as far as is practicable. More likely it better serves their purpose not to be observed. Certainly this would be true if they were conducting research in the field. It would also be true if they were simply casing the joint.

So, while it is certainly true that the aliens are mainly responsible for the absence of ‘disclosure’, it may be that there are good reasons for their silence. Besides, it is hard to argue that they have any particular responsibility towards us; are human morals and ethics applicable to aliens? An interesting question.

I don’t believe in alien visitors. I certainly hope we never have any unless we invite them here ourselves. Extrapolating from the above line of argument it is easy to conclude that aliens’ interest in our planet and ourselves is surely bound to be in conflict with our own interests. Conflict would be almost inevitable.

An empty sky is a safe sky.

edit on 13/8/11 by Astyanax because: of aliens.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

There has to be a cover-up involved. If there wasn't there would always be the chance that the secret could be revealed through some means whether it was civilian or government based. I don't think there would be reports from military personnel claiming to have been given orders to shut up about what they've seen or reports of threats being issued to civilians and government personnel or claims of evidence being confiscated.

The extraterrestrials are doing their part to maintain this secret, but its not just them that are trying to hide it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

It's not hard man. You know what Dark Matter is right?

Immune to the effects of EM, S. Nuclear Force, W. Nuclear Force. The only way to probe that level of reality is to use quantum gravity. Unfortunately detecting gravity waves might be beyond the capability of a civilization grounded in physical science. Kind of a catch-22.

However, notice that all the evidence they leave us almost compells us to TRUST our fellow man. In other words, they have set us up in such a way:

If you aren't even going to trust and treat your fellow human beings well, why the hell would we want to meet you?

Makes zero sense.

This has always been the message for mankind has it not? Did Jesus not say the same thing?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

I believe religion would just adapt to the new information. There's been things over the years that have shown religion to be wrong such as the carbon dating of the Shroud of Turin and proving aged less than a thousand years. The facts rarely got in the way of established mythology.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I for one believe in aliens. And I believe they played a role in our evolution from simple primates to homo sapiens. I believe that if one looks through religious texts one can see the aliens. The same figures over and over. Enki, Prometheus, Lucifer. God, Enki, Zeus. I believe religion was our ancestors way of explaining events that they could not explain with their primitive understanding over the universe.

They have been with us always. But why are they hiding?

I believe they fear us and they really aren't all that much more advanced then we are. Mostly, I attribute to being immortal or close to. When one can live forever, motivation is sapped, and technology matters little. What does it matter if it takes you a little longer to do something?

They fear that we will go out to explore the universe and due to our greedy and violent nature we will wage war on them. They can't reveal themselves openly because that would drive us to reach them.

All these crazy alien abductions and experiments, I think they are creating an army of alien/human hybrids. They will eventually launch an pre-emptive war, and return us to our primitive ways. They will strip us of our technology. They will cull most of the population to return us to a less threatening state.

And they will wait for us to evolve beyond our baser instincts. And when that day comes they will greet us as equals.

This is mostly want I hope is true, not necessarily what I believe is true.
Its mostly just an exercise in speculation, a pointless endeavor.

As I stated before I believe aliens exist. But the first objective should be to prove aliens exist, then one can decide on their attributes.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There is one possible fear/ fact
that ALL world governments would unite on without exception,
in that if they did not co-operate with what ever the et agenda might be, including non-dislosure and coverups,
and that is the threat of extermination of the human race in it's entirety.

If this were so, it would pretty much get everyones attention,
particularly if an example of the threat had been carried out
to prove they were not bluffing.

Now consider what so called natural disasters spring to mind
which may fit this hypotheses?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In addition, the ET's may have shown what they are capable of by giving TPTB a view of a near miss of an asteroid nudged in our direction prophesised on a particular date. A mile or so of rock/iron travelling at ballistic/cosmic velocities could be mighty persuasive.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What would you think about a contract, that is about to expire? Like our government made a deal after capturing the one at Roswell. To get their hands on more tech. they sell out the people as nation wide survey for Alien medical procedures. Ergo the abductions are real. But this contract is set to expire soon, and we should have solved the conflicts by now, and the time of arrival has come. When they just start landing everywhere, parking in orbit, like on that show V. But not saying they will be violent, or they wouldn't have even made a deal, they would have just took the ship back.
Or they could be waiting, until the change comes to man. They could be here observing the effect of lining up on the galactic plane on our Sun. They surely have known about us longer than 70 years. The Mayan knew of them 3600 years ago. Inca knew also. Lots of civilizations have known about them. Maybe they are watching to see if we can pass it from an 0 to 1 civilization. Maybe we have to be at that point to warrant full contact?
I'm sure we will find out soon enough. I'm with the contract part myself. :-)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Does Frith happen to be your surname? Send private message if you dont wish to confirm in public.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

I think that if we have been visited by a civilisation that could be millions of years more advanced than we are, the meeting of our minds would be to much for us to be able to take handle, the visitors will know exactly what would happen due to having made contact before in a different situation and watched the place implode on its self, therefore if we have been visited we have been visited by thoughtful beings, the ones that do visit and make contact may not be so thoughtful and behind the big dazzling eyes and smiles, dark plans could be getting plotted, hmmmm scary

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join