It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the single most important issue in the history of the world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
With just a fast google, I found these sites that give some answers to our questions...

quantumpranx.wordpress.com...

[url=http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/09/effects_of_an_emp_attack_or_se.html]http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/09/effects_of_an_emp_attack_or_se.html[/ url]

No this doesn't look good at all...Maybe this is why the elite are all ready to hide under ground

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Nasa have been warning about another carington type event in 2012-2013 solar maximum.
Using recorded sunspot data from around 1600, tree rings and instuments such as SOHO
scientists have built up a near complete picture of the suns behavor over long periods of time.
So when nasa repeatedly warn of a risk from large x class flares over the next few years,
you would be wise to listen to them... unfortunately these warnings have fallen on death ears
in washington and other governments around the world because the solution to protect against
such monster solar storms is very exspensive. The point about nuclear plants the op made
is a valid one, but the idea to just shut them down is not. The best solution I think, is for
governments to force plant operators/owners to re-wire all there electronics to withstand
even the most ferocious solar storms 'it's not like they lack the funds to do so' and the
consequences if a few of these plants were knocked out is unthinkable.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Even if we shut them all down right now, haven't a lot of rods already been produced that will need cooling for the next however many hundred thousand years? So even if we stopped now, we still need to cool what has already been produced. We gave ourselves a job that needs to be done, no matter what, for the next hundred thousand years or so. It would be nice if we could just launch all this stuff into the sun or something... Maybe we will figure out a way to teleport them into another dimension. Hopefully they will pick a dimension with a timeline where all humans already went extinct due to nuclear weapons or something. Ever seen Family Guy? "One poop removal"

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
We must ask the UFOs that shut down the nuclear sites. Time and again they have done that. Does this have a symbolic meaning? May be they know something that we don't?

Sun is going to go haywire. Time to shut your nukes down.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind shutting down all the nuclear power plants this week and suffering with out power for a bit and using good old wood stove and candles or using wind mills and solar cells for electricity. We don't need nuclear power but use it because its a fast reliable source of power, until something happens and your power is shut down and some radiation poison leaked out to go with it. People make payments on 60,000 dollar cars that are worth less every year. So why not invest in something that will be much needed someday and will save you money every year? Humanity has always amazed me but i feel they lack the confirmation of a secure future.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This is an overreaction, the CME's cause damage to the grid because the grid and its substations are unshielded. Control circuitry in anything highly sensitive (from military vehicles to nuclear reactors) are ENTIRELY shielded. The circuitry wouldn't even know there was a CME.

Do some research before posting fear-mongering threads.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
OP you are correct. And frankly, even if not the flares, then there are quite a few other scenarios where various grids could be taken out leading to multiple meltdowns - from natural disasters to terrorism. You simply can't plan against worst case scenarios, and nuclear power is built to fail from mining through to waste storage.

At least the thought of 'elites' buried in silos plotting against each other is kind of amusing. I give em a few weeks to reach lord of the flies status. I'd rather fry on the surface thanks.

BTW dont mind the trolls, they have some amazing imagination at work.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This thead is spot on. the biggest danger to the world is nuclear power. s &f and always has been since its conception. They did not ban atmospheric testing for nothing. They knew how dangerous it was. Research the Doomsday bomb, That will scare you. Research Neutron bombs, that will scare you. Then ask yourself this. what if aids is caused by radiation,did we give the africans bad food? what if b.s.e is caused by radiation.. the rise in alergies, the drop of birthrates? the rise in diabetes? asthma?alzheimas? foot and mouth? and last by no means least cancer. i know this is a conspiract site but this may be the biggest ever. im too lazy and scared to research this so if someone would like to take the batton then be my guess. just have a look over at B.A.U.T threads on fukishima where workers in the nuclear industry debate topics. they claim hydro electric is more dangerous than nuclear. and it took a dumpling to point out to them that fukishima was a level 7.

By the way i have thought that fukishima is an e.l.e without the solar flares of which the o.p is entirly correct.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If what is being discussed in this thread is even half true and we do experience a solar max and large flares that significantly penetrate our MF then there will be serious consequences! Do TPTB know this already is the big question and how do we find out before it happens?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Take it any way you want to. Lots of non speculators are aware. From my fb page.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The same thing could happen across the East Coast if the Canary Islands should slip into the Atlantic!

The same thing could happen if the New Madrid should snap wide open!

A pole shift would certainly put a damper on anyone enjoying the weather!

The thing is that "they" anticipated all the outcomes when they proposed this technology; they knew all the "real life" scenarios and obviously this one was considered "acceptable", at the time.

I think we have been getting irradiated from the get go; that none of this is completely containable. The Truth of what is in our atmosphere, on our soil, and in our water is within the Mammary Gland! Whole Milk! This is why the Feds have gone "whole milk" happy like storm-troopers!

I say it is time that all State present a chemical spectrum analysis on all Whole Milk across the board. No hiding the facts, no illegal search and seizure, just present the findings publicly with no Law to obstruct the Law! What are they hiding? Monsanto Madness? Nuclear Holocaust to our Chromosomes? Feminization of a Species? What could be worse than the Truth?

Most of the Nukes plants are under scheduled repairs. I say that as each facility does a scheduled repair, then begin the process of reverse engineering. Take the damned things apart, they are unsafe and kill biological ecosystems! We are obviously the people who built them, we should be the people who take them apart.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Just Google Hydro-Quebec and solar flare /and or blackouts. Since Quebec's hydro power feeds a lot of the North American grid, it's linked to so many systems. Scientists are trying to diversify the grid more, but I don't know how far they've progressed.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Bottom line....there are a collection of things that are coming up that could lay the ground work for a major event.

1. Elenin is being watched for a much different reason than the current speculation. Its trail of gas and charged dust particles will lay down many, many miles of electrically conductive material between us and the sun.

2. The fluff cloud we are passing through has the potential to amplify electrical conductivity of already present dust and particulate in the empty portions of space.

3. Slowly degrading magnetic field of earth is offering less protection than ever before.

4. The sun has a huge amount of energy stored under its surface from the last minimum.

The real danger isn't getting hit by a comet or asteroid. Its a Flux Transfer Event.

This is shaping up to be the perfect storm....in space.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You are a couple of years late with this doomsday scenario. The NRC is requiring emergency backup generators, either diesel or gas turbine, at plants like the Mitsubishi Nuclear Energy Systems’ Comanche Peak plant.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Please not again...How many times does it have to be repeated on this site that this solar cycle is WEAKEST in over a CENTURY.
The only thing Nasa is saying is that we are moving towards a solar max which means solar flare activity will increase and so will the likelyhood of power outages and such. The chances of this happening is still lower than during previous solar maximums when nothing overly bad happened...

I agree that we need to do something about the nuclear plants though, but this hysteria around sun is really just bull.
If this was a normal solar cycle we would have had a average sunspot number well over 100 sunspots at all times and sun would look like this: link instead of this: link
edit on 12-8-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

No, I am not trying to be dramatic,

Yes you are.

but this issue does need the attention of everyone.

No, it doesn't.

We have a loaded gun pointed to the head of humanity.

What you have done is take a novel risk - nuclear meltdown caused by massive flare - and have presented it devoid of all of the facts that blow it apart and a rational analysis for such an event, in some sort of sick way to gain attention from people who don't know better. That's what you have done.

"People learn to live with risk and their perception of risk is inversely proportional to the novelty of the risk not the facts and not the probability. Like in everything: familiarity breeds contempt." - DV82XL

I could come up with a scenario where a fire at a petrol station burns down an entire country. It's not hard but because I don't include the word meltdown nobody will give a crap irregardless of the actual risk that it poses.

The loaded gun is the over 400 nuclear power plants and 250 research reactors worldwide.

Many or even most of the research reactors are pool type which cannot melt-down if all power is lost indefinitely. Furthermore for all >400 nuclear power reactors to be effected a solar flare would have to effect power grids all accross the planet which is even less likely, for example the March 1989 geomagnetic storm mainly only caused the collapse of the Hydro-Québec's electricity transmission system. It did not cause disruption to Gentilly Nuclear Generating Station in Quebec. So not only would many of the electric power grids have to be taken down (unlikely) it would have to be those with nuclear plants connected to them and with all diesel generators unable to be refueled.

Now think of this: NASA has already warned us of what the sun WILL do. They've already told us that we are entering a period where the likelihood of major regions will lose power and the grid will be inoperable for an indefinite period of time.

NASA has not said that such an event will occur, and have suggested that Carrington type events occur are once in about 500 years. Once every 100 year events are considerably smaller and are far less likely to affect the entire planet.

That time period could go on for years.

Complete restoration could take months or years, however there is no reason to suggest the grid could not operate in a degraded state significantly before then.

Now, what's going to happen when the inevitable CME hits Earth and knocks out some, or all, of the world's electrical power grid?

Even if the grids went out then the reactor would shut down automatically within seconds. ECCS in existing reactors is dependent on a power source, the grid is one of several which can be used. Geomagnetically induced current tends to effect large electricity grids rather than relatively small scale backup systems such as those employed at nuclear power plants, ECCS function would therefore be limited by fuel supplies, however given the fuel supplies themselves would not be destroyed, there is no reason they could not be refueled. ECCS is only required for long enough to bring the reactor to cold-shutdown state where-by defueling can commence. Completely refueling a reactor takes about 7-10 days from shutdown.

releasing incomprehensible amounts of radiation into the atmosphere.

Assumes that containment would be breached which is only highly likely with an old Boiling Water Reactor.

As you all know, the effects are not local for even one reactor -- such a meltdown would affect a large part of the world. Several reactors melting down would spell near-extinction ---

We already have had several nuclear reactors melt down. Even though Chernobyl did increase cancer rates, age standardized cancer rates in Ukraine are still significantly lower than they are in for example, the United States. Cancer in Ukraine is still mainly caused by for example, smoking and other factors. Fukushima is not likely going to be worse than that. Several reactors melting down would probably be the least of our problems in such an event - probably one of the biggest would be an massive increase in poverty due to lack of wealth, for example, as when electricity stops the economy stops.
edit on 12/8/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I dont agree with the CME nonsense, because on a list of potential hazards to nuclear power plants i could put on A LOT, and a CME would probably be all the way down on the bottom of the list.

Excuse me, this is as retarded as worrying about neutrinos which might hit a computer, cause an error and start WWIII.

Ironically, there are very real dangers when it comes to nuclear power plants, and no they have not just "been proven real recently"...i assume you were not even born when chernobyl blew?

Yes there are earthquakes, terrorist threads, tsunamis, potential war/attacks.

So..all i can say: CONGRATULATIONS you start worrying about the dangers of nuclear power plants - something we Europeans do since the 80s already. (And yes i met Americans who never heard the name "chernobyl" in their life)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
del
edit on 12-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Actually there are two most important issues. 1 is nuke and the other is another man made dangerous poison, religion!

These two combined are probably in time to come a lethal combination if we dont get rid of both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
when nasa can explain how the sun works (and incorporate that the center is black, and cold) i will listen to what they have to say. if we have an example of thinking we know it all in OUR solar system, what does that mean for the rest of space?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join