It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2/3rds of the Angels Stood by us, do you appreciate that?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by AgnarDaGr8

Dear AgnarDaGr8,

I have never understood this. GOD is all powerful. All knowing. Why allow 1/3 of your angels to rebel and cause chaos on earth influencing MANs decisions? Why not just "not create them in the first place" if you know they are going to kill and maim ...

Interesting question, why allow any of your angels to rebel against you; but, you did not supply any attempt at an answer, can you think of no possibilities, if not then you would be unable to understand any answers.

There are many answers. But none of them make any sense. Either GOD is all powerful and all knowing or he is not.

It's very simple.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Dear AgnaDaGr8,

Try all your answers so that we can address them one at a time.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Dear AQuestion,
What an interesting point you raise. Seeing as though you are here on ATS, denying ignorance (supposedly), you are posting about the biggest deceit in the history of man.

I'm sorry, but I can't take any indoctrinated religious people seriously because, simply put, you're ignoring the obvious and more than often, you (the global you) never bother to educate yourselves to realise you are deceived.

Be well in your ignorance of the truth!

T

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Pages upon pages of speculation is the only result that this thread can produce. With that said, we can never know each individual reason of the 2/3 who remained.

-What percentage stayed for humanity's sake?
-Which remained it out fear of God's wrath?
-What amount were simply impartial?

No answers can be found here. Okay, said my piece. Moving along then...
edit on 06/14/2011 by 2x Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Dear AgnaDaGr8,

Try all your answers so that we can address them one at a time.

Ok am a list them...

1) He is merciful. Wants to let everyone live.
2) He is trying to test humanity.
3)He cannot tell the future.
4)There were never any fallen angels or a devil... That is made up by man.
5)He likes to see pain and suffering.
6)He takes pride in humans begging for mercy.

All i can come up with off the top of my head.
edit on 11-8-2011 by AgnarDaGr8 because: Being - *begging

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Dear AQuestion,
What an interesting point you raise. Seeing as though you are here on ATS, denying ignorance (supposedly), you are posting about the biggest deceit in the history of man.

I'm sorry, but I can't take any indoctrinated religious people seriously because, simply put, you're ignoring the obvious and more than often, you (the global you) never bother to educate yourselves to realise you are deceived.

T

Dear torqpoc,

So nice that you tell me to be well in my ignorance of the truth, I wish you better than to be happy in your ignorance and we all have ignorance except you according to you. No, I never bother to learn anything, if I learned anything, how could I come to my own understanding? There is no free will according to you.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Dear MollyStewert, So you believe that God works by duress, by fear. Why would you worship or accept such a god as God? I would deny such a god as you describe and I am a Christian, I do not accept your god and you are not a Christian if you do not believe in true free will.

I don't know where you got the idea that God works by duress or fear from my response. That is a middle aged religious notion. I accept and believe in a loving, forgiving, compassionate creator. The Angels of course made a choice and therefore have their own will as I suspect does most life of intelligent design.
My response was that 2/3rds of the Angels stood with God, not with man. They obeyed God, not man. 1/3rd disagreed with God, not man. Man was simply the argument. Nowhere in my original response did I say I do not believe in free will. I am not going into my personal belief with you as it seems you like to be rude with people for their responses and pass judgment on people you don't know.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

that is pretty amazing considering all the harm we do

Hi, I'm a non-believer but I'll try to take it in the way you suggested, as if it's just an analysis of a story. What makes you think that the loyalist angel's motivation had anything to do with the human race? Maybe they just didn't see things from Lucifer's point of view or perhaps they were just too loyal to God. Indeed it was the fallen angels that seemed to have a stronger interest in us, a group of angels known as the Watchers actually begins mating with human women in the Book of Enoch (not part of Biblical canon) and teaching us astrology, metallurgy, etc. This results in a race of giants known as the Nephilim being born, some sources suggest they were evil cannibals, others that they became heroes of legend (Genesis, in its brief mention of Nephilim says they were 'men of renown')

Anyway I'm reminded of the film LEGION in which Michael the archangel is so confident that mankind has redeemable qualities that he actually disobeys God. I'd say that for those 2/3rds of the angels that remained loyal they were actually taking the path of least resistance. After all staying loyal to an all-powerful being doesn't carry with it much risk.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Dear AgnarDaGr8,

Ok am a list them... 1) He is merciful. Wants to let everyone live. 2) He is trying to test humanity. 3)He cannot tell the future. 4)There were never any fallen angels or a devil... That is made up by man. 5)He likes to see pain and suffering. 6)He takes pride in humans begging for mercy. All i can come up with off the top of my head.

Believe whatever you will, will you allow me to believe whatever I will or do you seek to have relationship only with those who agree with you and thereby become your God?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc

Dear AQuestion,

T

Dear torqpoc,

So nice that you tell me to be well in my ignorance of the truth, I wish you better than to be happy in your ignorance and we all have ignorance except you according to you. No, I never bother to learn anything, if I learned anything, how could I come to my own understanding? There is no free will according to you.

I understand both your points.

1 - torqpoc is assuming you are just as indoctrinated into your belief system as lets say a jihadist. Making it very difficult to put any type of idea or inkling of truth.

2 - Aquestion you seem to be clouded on the facts of the scripture you follow... For it has been proven past a reasonable doubt that the bible was written by men that never witnessed what they were talking about.
Bible Proof

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Dear AgnarDaGr8,

Ok am a list them... 1) He is merciful. Wants to let everyone live. 2) He is trying to test humanity. 3)He cannot tell the future. 4)There were never any fallen angels or a devil... That is made up by man. 5)He likes to see pain and suffering. 6)He takes pride in humans begging for mercy. All i can come up with off the top of my head.

Believe whatever you will, will you allow me to believe whatever I will or do you seek to have relationship only with those who agree with you and thereby become your God?

No plz don't get me wrong. I believe in GOD ... I don't believe in the BIBLE... for it has been manipulated to manipulate peoples spirituality thus manipulating peoples behavior.

The pheonicians worshiped the sun... and the sumerians invented the modern concept of religion. To many facts to continue to believe in a book that has been messed with for 2k years.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

why should they believe in us becoming better and do you appreciate the fact that they trusted in us enough to stick it out and not rebel? What side would you take, or better put, would you do the same for us, do you love your brother that much that you will put up with his mistakes while he grows?

I could be wrong, but 2/3rd of the angels were loyal to God and carried out His will. Not because they trusted in mankind or had any special love for mankind...

My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

This is really a thread just for believers, to non-believers consider it my attempt to discuss the morals of a fairy tale if you must

So why do it here on ATS ? Why don't you take it up on a christian website or go to church and discuss it with your fellow chirchgoers ?

Where exactly is the conspiracy in your thread ?

It's good to see you aknowledge it's a fairy tale though

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

There are many answers. But none of them make any sense. Either GOD is all powerful and all knowing or he is not.

Or imaginary, which is the most logical answer

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
how about if 1/3rd of the angels rebelled against God, 1/3rd the angels were with God, and 1/3rd remain neutral, nonduality?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Dear AgnarDaGr8,
I wouldn't go so far as to say a Jihadist, since that is extreme Islamic belief in a specific holy war.

I just don't have much belief or respect in anyone who follows a "set" religion, as all "set" religions are pretty much fabricated hogwash based on previous stories, pretty much all dating back to the Sumerian epoc. What irks me more than anything is:

1) They come on ATS posting claptrap about the Bible, the Qu'ran and what not and then en revanche, refuse to even read anything which is posted back at them from educated, enlightened people trying to at the very least make them see that there are other versions of man's history which pre date all of these concepts.

2) The very same religions discussed time and time again are, without a shadow of a doubt, the biggest pest and virus on this planet. Without them humanity would finally wake up to the realisation that indoctrinated belief is THE problem.

Regards,
T

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The 2/3 stayed in heaven because when Christians die and their souls go to heaven, the remaining angels slow roast their screamin souls over an open fire. They then liberaly baste them with angelic bbq sauce and feed them to Jesus, the Devourer of Souls. After he eats your tender, flam broiled soul, he #s out the soul residue, collects it in a mason jar, and ships it to his mortal prophets on earth so they can continue to spew their bull# unabated.

The other 1/3 left because they got tired of all the god farts associated with #ting out stupid cooked christian remains.

It's the truth, just like there is a great spirit in the sky that judges you when you die. Seriously though, if you believe in messianic folk lore, your a tool.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
when an angle meets some one in the bible.
they say “be not afraid”
why? because angles usually kills lots of people,
even babies?
why did Morning Star, turn on god?
he new the power of god better than any.
maybe he was sick of the killings of the human race.
even god had admit he had a problem with killing his toys.
after the grate flood. he made a rainbow
and promise to stop killing.
that sounds like some one with a problem!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

He did, so riddle yourself something else

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ray1850
Just replace angels with aliens and this thread makes more sense

I have yet to see existence of either, so no it wouldnt

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>