It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2/3rds of the Angels Stood by us, do you appreciate that?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is really a thread just for believers, to non-believers consider it my attempt to discuss the morals of a fairy tale if you must.

In the bible it says that 1/3rd of the angels rebelled against God; but, that means that 2/3rds did not and actually care about us and are willing to have us above them, that is pretty amazing considering all the harm we do. Here are my questions, why should they believe in us becoming better and do you appreciate the fact that they trusted in us enough to stick it out and not rebel? What side would you take, or better put, would you do the same for us, do you love your brother that much that you will put up with his mistakes while he grows?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian and I have totally have a different view of angels. Are you referring to Satan and the angels who followed him in the Christian bible? In Judaism Angels do not rebel against G-d. So, I'm confused when Christians bring topics like this up.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Maybe 1/3rd of the aliens rebelled against the more powerful alien, whose rules maybe were there to protect humans. That's the way I interpret that.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Dear ManOfGod267,

Well put and a good question, no, my question is really just for Christians who do believe that 1/3rd of the angels rebelled. If you do not believe that then I don't know how you would answer other than to say that you do not buy the premise and I am okay with that. Consider it a hypothetical for those who do or can accept it as a possibility.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

I kinda like that idea too... but I'm looking at all angles here

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Pretty obvious that is what it is about. Why respond if you don't have an opinion?
I would like to think that I would try to forgive and help my fellow brothers and sisters understand certain things, but, I don't know that I am correct so how can I do that?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't think they were choosing us per se, it was their alliegence to God and his light within us that chose.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Hey, just curious. Christians have different views then I do.
would like to learn for fun.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

What I would like to know is why an all knowing omnipotent god didn`t see it coming .

Riddle me that ....

edit on 10-8-2011 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
I don't think they were choosing us per se, it was their alliegence to God and his light within us that chose.

Dear TheThirdAdam,

Do you then see angels as mere robots with no free will and no understanding that we would be above them?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I guess another way to think of that is... one third.. rebelled? So that means two thirds stayed with God (the good guy), and one third went with Satan (the bad guy)..

One third: 33.3
Two thirds: 66.6

Why does the percentage that stayed with God come to number... that is supposed to be the number of the Devil?

Im sorry.. This is my first time trolling... aaaahahahahahaa...not really. All angels..ANGLES! All angles.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Well, maybe he did see it coming, but couldn't rightly punish the bad guy
if he hadn't really done anything.. o.O

link   

What if Satan didn't have free-will till he ate from the Tree of Good and Evil? Do you think Adam and Eve were the only ones?

link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Dear UmbraSumus,

Nice picture, I like Mr. Gorshin, he also did good imitations of others. I have known Rich Little's wife since I was a child and think Mr. Gorshin is almost as good.

Now for your riddle. Who said that God didn't see it coming and if he didn't then that means he allowed free will, do you like free will?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sounds like your typical election cycle

1/3rd stand against the current person, 1/3rd stand with him, and the rest sort of just sit on the sidelines and watches to see who offers the best stuff.

Anyhow, the quesiton is, what was lucifer going for overall? I read that he actually was a fan of man, hense why he spends soo much time with us verses an absent god.

Who would I stand with? none of them, this seems like an internal managment issue, why should the grunts (whom didn't even exist yet) take sides over some sort of crysis...

Here is a better question...Why did God give Lucifer a cushy job, then tell him he was demoted because he is making something more interesting.

And since we can learn from history...what will happen when we as a species are told by god we will be demoted to basic servants to roachmen or whatever his next invention is because he got bored of us...

Its all a bit silly, isn't it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i believe that WE are the one third that rebelled and our life on Earth is our chance to be redeemed. That is why we suffer and .......

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I don't really see how this question is relevent to my post, but no, i don't see them as robots. If they had no free will then how did they rebel in the first place. those who serve God follow his will, and though i do not think that angels are the same in type of being as humans, they still love and serve God by doing his will by their own choosing... You almost sounded as if you were calling me a spititual racist?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Just replace angels with aliens and this thread makes more sense

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardyWhite

I guess another way to think of that is... one third.. rebelled? So that means two thirds stayed with God (the good guy), and one third went with Satan (the bad guy)..

One third: 33.3
Two thirds: 66.6

Why does the percentage that stayed with God come to number... that is supposed to be the number of the Devil?

Im sorry.. This is my first time trolling... aaaahahahahahaa...not really. All angels..ANGLES! All angles.

Dear HardyWhite,

That is very funny, I do hope you see the humor, 666 is what Satan hopes to become, he doesn't get there. The Devil is a moron, he forgets that the game ended before it began because he refuses to learn and people do.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
As somebody who studies the bible. And many other belief systems around the world. And someone who gets his information other then google/youtube.

I can't help but wonder if the christian satan is the sumerian EA and the christian god is the sumerian Enlil.

If that is the case then EA being the serpent created us using dna because being the "enlightened one" means that he was a scientist. Enlil was like your modern day general. So with that being said it's obvious the 2 didn't get along especially since these gods were brothers of a ruler. And both were entitled to the throne.

A long time ago and even to this day warring alien factions have fought over mankind. It would not surprise me if these angels are in fact aliens. As ancient man would not be smart enough to know the difference between alien and god!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join