It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with the Chinese?
They are so backwards I can't be nicey nicey about it anymore, those people are nuts.
then again, everyone is freakin out of their minds.
This is a world of S*** and we are bein takin for a ride

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by Jay-morris

urgh! and how many people choose to spend their money being mindful of various issues?

what would you know???

I am one of those consumers!! I try to buy recycled products AND recycle. I spend money supporting various causes...

there are a lot of people who are principled out there so don't label people hypocrites. All of my friends care about these things and they are not hypocrites. That is a Freudian slip that you have made...

YOU are the hypocrite...

Did you read what i said? I said most people, if not all people on this thread. And you really think i am wrong about this? So, you do by cards then? It does not matter if you recycle them, that does not help the animals that are in trouble because of all the tree's they are cutting down. How many other pointless bits of paper do you use, but feel ok about it because you "recycle them"?

Yes, i am a hypocrite when it comes to certain things, but at least i can admit it. I love animals, but i eat meat, and yes, that makes me a hypocrite. But we all are, just that some don't like to admit it

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENTJa
So many people say oh chinese medicine is so advanced and ancient. Pure BS looking at this story. To hell with China! we should be trading fire with these witch doctor jack holes and not products. Need to use up a few big nukes, not the tactical ones. The dirtiest nastiest ones we have. This kind of crap needs to be wiped from the human consciousness and existence.

Its uneducated and hateful people like you that makes this world such a bad place. Its people like you that make me feel ashamed to be human!
edit on 11-8-2011 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

anger is a motivator to change things...

compassion allows a person to feel sad without changing anything = it is sad and that is it...that is the end result.

anger, rage passion etc can be a very good driving force to change things... anger is raw energy...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

The issue in this thread is not killing animals, which can be done humanely. The issue is animal abuse. That has little to do with eating meat and wasting resources, so I fail to see hypocrisy here.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I don't always make the right choices but i strive to.

I am happy where I live... why? because I live in a place that recycles, imports and labels products for people to make an informed choice. I work for a Company that is dedicated to zero waste. I am in the process of implementing an entire operating system that does not use paper...electronic trans only and I even stick it up the EPA.

The majority of people at ATS do give a stuff...that is why they are here...reading and educating themselves...

IMO the majority of people who are hypocrites are UNEDUCATED.

Long before ATS, my educated friends were telling me off for having 'gorilla wood' in my house. I felt dreadful once I found out...but I can assure you... that won't ever happen again. Why? Because I know about it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Anger is often blind...misguided, and is responsible for alot of pain in the world.
Anger is derived from Hate, which is opposite of Love...

Actions done in Anger often do more harm than good, for it often acts rashly, with only half of the Truth and no pity for the misguided...

If a blind man tramples your garden, will you then beat him sensless in your anger, or in an act of "knowing the full Truth", show Compassion, and remove his blindness that he may see?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I don't agree with Bile Farms but neither do I agree that animals are capable of suicide. I don't believe animals have the comprehension and mindset to decide and take their own life.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The amazing thing that I can see is that these bears are showing the same emotion and reasoning skills that a human might. Something before now was unheard of. I always knew bears were smart, I did not know they could actually reason in this manner. It is a sad way to learn something. And the practice should be abolished imediately and this line of research should be pursued, we may be sharing the earth with more than one other self aware species.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

that is not the best example...if a blind man tramples my garden... I would set out a path in which he could feel his way....

as for the blind man....he has the advantage because he knows he is blind! Sighted people think they can see but they are in fact blind... Amazing Grace is a song that illustrates our blindness....

Anger is not the cause of all the terrible things in the world...
Greed is...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Life has always been cheap in china and the rest of the orient. Animals are cheaper. The chinese believe that witches brews of animal parts will cure certian diseases. Some people believe that the chinese have come into the 21st century but the truth is they are mired in the 14th.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I hate animal cruelty it boils my blood. But I don't believe this story. Come on, a bear thought it should kill it's cub and then commit suicide because there life was horrible. I've just never heard of this in the animal world. sounds like some idiot worker/writer making up a story for a quick buck. Or maybe this was there way to bring attention to that horrible industry.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

The issue in this thread is not killing animals, which can be done humanely. The issue is animal abuse. That has little to do with eating meat and wasting resources, so I fail to see hypocrisy here.

Oh, ok. So its ok to drive a species to extintion, but its not ok to mis-treat animals

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

I don't always make the right choices but i strive to.

I am happy where I live... why? because I live in a place that recycles, imports and labels products for people to make an informed choice. I work for a Company that is dedicated to zero waste. I am in the process of implementing an entire operating system that does not use paper...electronic trans only and I even stick it up the EPA.

The majority of people at ATS do give a stuff...that is why they are here...reading and educating themselves...

IMO the majority of people who are hypocrites are UNEDUCATED.

Long before ATS, my educated friends were telling me off for having 'gorilla wood' in my house. I felt dreadful once I found out...but I can assure you... that won't ever happen again. Why? Because I know about it.

And you think everyone on this thread is like that? You think that some of these people who are saying "poor bears" don't eat meat, or don't buy pointless products that destroy the planet and drive animals to extintion?

How many people on this thread, maybe you to, buy xmas cards, birthday cards, get well cards, hell, even news papers and mags. All these things you can do on the internet. You can buy e-cards, you can get all the news you need on the internet, but how many people are still buying these pointless things.

Oh, there are many uneducated people on this thread, aslo many people who are using this thread to spread their hate propaganda with China.

At the end of the day, the whole world is responsible for the way the world is today, not just one country.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's China...I would expect no less.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

things like this really do get to me more than a suffering human

Me, too. I can hardly stand to read any story that involves cruelty or suffering of animals. I cringe every time I see roadkill.
I suppose it's weird, but I feel more sickened about that than people suffering. Wonder what that's all about.
This story reinforces my opinion that the Chinese are truly a sick society.

(And any member who decides to call me "ignorant" or "soulless" or "psycho" and flame me because of these feelings need not bother. I won't respond beyond saying that I am an educated, curious, and studious person with decades of research, thought, and consideration - with an open mind - of many different subjects.)

edit on 11-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rcanem

also that bear had a lot of gall

link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

things like this really do get to me more than a suffering human

Me, too. I can hardly stand to read any story that involves cruelty or suffering of animals. I cringe every time I see roadkill.
I suppose it's weird, but I feel more sickened about that than people suffering. Wonder what that's all about.
This story reinforces my opinion that the Chinese are truly a sick society.

(And any member who decides to call me "ignorant" or "soulless" or "psycho" and flame me because ot these feelings need not bother. I won't respond.)

A sick society!? It's posts like this that annoy the hell out of me! Have you been to China? Have you travelled to China. Why portry a whole country as the same, when its a few that do these things.

America has started pointless wars and killed thousands of innocent people. Does that mean that all Americans are evil, bad, terrible people? no, it does not. This post just goes to prove my point that people just don't have a clue!

link   
Animals have souls too , she did the right thing , but I would have taken out some of the jailers in the process before killing myself

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eDrinker

That is a very uneducated thing to say. Research it, some craturs like termites deliberately destroy themselves to kill other insects who are attacking their hive. Some dogs have been known to commit suicide and when saved try to do so again right afterwards.

Animals are not so dumb and we are not so so smart. Suicide has existed for a very longtime in people and animals who are suffering, i#its instinct to survive, but to end awful suffering often is a stronger emotion, like taking your hand of a burning stove when its such intense suffering you will do anything to escape it, its a natural instinct.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join