It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother bear kills cub then self at Chinese bile farm

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I dunno. I know I'll get flamed for having no facts to back me up...

but this just doesn't seem real...

I think someone is protesting bile farms (rightfully so) by making up a heart felt story.
I don't think a bear could kill itself by running into a wall.
I also don't think bile farm workers are unarmed... at least long enough to watch mother bear attempt to free her child, fail, hug it, strangle it, before running into a wall that killed it...

I believe in aliens... I don't I believe this...
edit on 11-8-2011 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Did you ever doubt that animals have feelings, emotions, selves...minds? And hearts?

Doubt no more.

Only the coldest could doubt after this story.

This is a sad day for humanity. We have truly failed in our mission to be stweards of the earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I'm not sure if I'm willing to believe these things in they're in China. The state uses many tall tales to shift markets or punish economies. Not that I'm endorsing this sort of crap. It's sickening.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I hate human beings and I detest being one of them...

reading this makes me want to just go and kill myself.

Nature is beautiful and look at what we do and how we treat the planet and the other species that live on it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hell... they probably killed the cub by accident and are blaming it on the Mom. This story is far fetched. The mother would have just charged these so called doctor's and try to f*** em up as much as possible. I know bears are smart to a degree, more so than most people would think I would assume. A Mother bear though will do her cub NO harm and only attack the agitators in this case. I know momma bears do sometimes turn on their cubs once in awhile but for very specific reasons. Anyways it just sounds like the chinese are trying to save face on this one. I live in bear country if that helps at all. I have no sympathy at all except for the bears themselves.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Novatrino because: adjusted

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

True wouldn't you say?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Key-Minder
Snap out of it.

Just be thankful human bile isn't being extracted from you, while you sit in a cage gnawing on metal.

Thank you bears for having bile for Chinese loonies to eat, so they don't poke people's bellies instead and get their bile to market.

And not only that, have some compassion for your fellow human. It's posts like these that drive people to kill themselves because people are more concerned about animals than they are people.

We got you all out of your damn cages and now your crying over the bears being in cages. Are you kidding me?!

Animals suicide? Well, yeah. And? Human suicide? Shed tears please over that and keep up the crusade against that before I hear another friggen thing about the animals.

You all are the same people that think someone cussing you out would deserve a good kick in the gut, or a good bile extraction, but you all have nooooooooooooooooo clue about the terrible things the bears say about humans. They don't like any of you and never will no matter what.

Oh dear Jesus put some sense into these people.

I like bears but I like people better, even though they are difficult has hell.

Personally I prefer animals over humans for the most part. They don't commit murders for pleasure, riot and torch peoples homes, exterminate other cultures for fun and profit, and pollute and p#ss in their own backyard.

Maybe I'm funny that way.

Animals are very innocent and child-like, and in many ways we have a serious obligation as the most powerful species on this planet to protect them in any way we can. The Chinese treatment of wild animals, many of them already endangered, is quite simply disgusting and vile.

'Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novatrino
Hell... they probably killed the cub by accident and are blaming it on the Mom. This story is far fetched. The mother would have just charged these so called doctor's and try to f*** em up as much as possible. I know bears are smart to a degree, more so than most people would think I would assume. A Mother bear though will do her cub NO harm and only attack the agitators in this case. I know momma bears do sometimes turn on their cubs once in awhile but for very specific reasons. Anyways it just sounds like the chinese are trying to save face on this one. I live in bear country if that helps at all. I have no sympathy at all except for the bears themselves.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Novatrino because: adjusted

I live in bear country too, and have had many encounters and observations of them over the years - both Black and Grizzly.

But...

Around here, at least as far as I know, none of the local bears are being kept in cages and tortured on a daily basis - so I think it's impossible for us to have any idea how a mother bear would react in such a horrific situation.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I'm not sure if I'm willing to believe these things in they're in China. The state uses many tall tales to shift markets or punish economies. Not that I'm endorsing this sort of crap. It's sickening.

It's true alright.

This stuff has been common knowledge in the West for decades.

Google is your friend.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

I agree that is a valid point. I respect your opinion and this could very well have happened. It just would have been nice to see some video though.

peace, Nova

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
it makes me so sad that these animals have to enter the realm of this kind of thinking. but then again, with the darker innards of humanities thinking i cant blame them.

were entering dark times people, and animals are recognizing this, maybe well more than the majority of humans are. god bless you poor things.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DROKKR
I'm at a loss for words. What sort of life does an animal go through for it to develop and act on suicidal thoughts? This is so very sad.

A life amongst humans...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

And you STILL believe that mankind gets rewarded "pretty soon" by "ascending into the 5th dimension"?

I hate to tell you, but there is a LONG WAY to go until alleged Aliens would even remotely start to make contact with a species as primitive as humans.

As for china, isn't this the same nation which kills millions of cats too....not only for eating but mainly for selling their fur?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Did the mama bear get hold of some depression/anxiety medication?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

True wouldn't you say?

Moon Bear Rescue Centre, Chengdu, China
www.animalsasia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This (amongst other things) breaks my heart. We human beings have much to learn about how to treat each other and our fellow species on this planet. I am going to make it my business to try to stop this indignity. S & F for bring this to our attention OP.

link   
Sad thing and very, very disturbing.

However, think about what men can do to men and then you won't be surprised about what men can do to (other) animals. We are just another species of animals - in a biological sense - and the power of reason we were gifted by Nature leads us to all sort of things, from magnificent achievements to the most horrific thoughts and actions.
We are driven by the same instincts like other species: to eat and to fu... sorry, to mate, in order to perpetuate the species. All what we do is directed to these two things and there will be no change in our behavior, ever, unfortunately.

link   
the Chinese have always done things in the cruelest way possible, look what they do to sharks capture them and cut off there fin and dump the whole shark back in the sea to rot, God help the planet if these idiots do take over,
Cant image a life worth living with out you tube and Facebook lol, i think the chinese people need to riot, im suprised there hasnt been a uprising

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I hear THAT! Disgusting to say the least. Too bad she didn't attack the bastards who were doing this. I don't know about the "hugging her cub" before killing it part (these stories trying to apply human thought processes onto animals) but it makes no difference....*sigh*

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Your point of view is directly derived from propaganda. Did you know I regard fishing as cruelty to animals? I don't like seeing an animal get hooked in their cheeks, and dragged through the hook. But hey, since Fish are not animals, then it must be a different story.

The propaganda war between the West and the East is unjustified for. If you are gonna make a claim based on propaganda then at least admit that you derived your conclusion through propaganda, and without having to look at the full picture.

It is odd how the West calls whales being killed, as an animal rights abuse, but the same hypocrites enjoy torturing fish.

Please, have a broader perspective. Being narrow minded only helps those with political agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join