It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dont believe the media version of the riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
hi american friends
ive i have been watching the riots since it began
and seen trouble brewing before it happend
but on sky a few minutes ago it was an american broadcast
and initialy it was like watching a news bulletin from robocop
so twisted is the story
dont believe everything, there is more than meets the eye
you are beaing shown half bits here and there twisted together
i absoloutly hate whats going on
but the media are twisting it very well
dont fall for the propaganda
regards
dave

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

What's the whole story?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Certainly Dave.
But what do you know that I/we don't.
Fill us in ok?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Certainly Dave.
But what do you know that I/we don't.
Fill us in ok?

Ya man please elaborate... Canada is watchin too

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I haven't witnessed any of these riots, but I do recall back in the 1980's small market town, saturday night, pubs had turned out. I sat down with a friend, on a bench, enjoying a hot summers evening. I was expecting a baby any day, had been out for dinner and a chat, possibly for the last time.

So, I sit down, to rest for a few minutes, there were about 10 or 15 lads on the otherside of the shopping area, making little noise, just chatting as usual, before they went home. Suddenly a couple of saloon cars screeched to a halt, about 8 men jumped out and started to talking to the group of lads. No shouting, no disturbance, the lads jumped up and started running down the road, one lad lagged behind, (I found out later, he had climbed out of his bedroom window when his parents were sleeping). It was clear this boy was very young, much smaller than the others, one of the men chased him, grabbed his arm and twisted it so far up his back, it snapped! I heard the scream from quite a distance away. The next thing I knew, a man was stood in front of me and my friend, threatening to arrest us. I hadn't realised the screeching cars were full of policemen!!!!!!

My friend spoke, mentioned her father, ( a well respected professional in the area with clout) I started to walk away, didn't want to get into whatever situation was building, the policeman pushed me, I didn't actually fall to the ground, but it was close. 9 months pregnant, totally polite and well mannered, but was pushed hard on my arm.

I left asap, stunned, didn't know what to make of the situation, it was like being in an alternate reality. I found out later, the copper responsible for breaking the childs arm, got a beating from the older lads.
A minor riot started at that point.

This was caused by a group of special police, who had arrived with no number on their shoulder, wearing black trousers and white shirts. Nothing more.

My father didn't believe me when I told him what I had seen, not until he heard from my friends father, who pulled strings and made a complaint. My father too was stunned!

A couple of nights back, while parts of london had no police presence, my local city had 50 riot police in the middle of town, waiting........! They had a long wait, nothing happened, but I did wonder if they were highly visable to attempt to actually start something off, after my experience with the police, nothing would suprise me now.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is all well and good, however as the other posters in this thread have asked could you fill us in. There is so much anarchy and conflicting info being spread about this situation online and all of the threads here about it have basically turned into race wars and being multi cutltural I'd prefer not to read it. Many thanks

Trowa

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
hi
sorry i went straight to bed after posting

the media have done a good job of twisting from theiving thugs
to a racial issue with the muslims in certain areas
i find out things because i have friends all over britain
if anything else surfaces i will let u all know
cheers
dave

top topics