It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any ACTUALLY smart girls ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RevolutionSpeaks

If you need reassurance that there are smart women out there just open your eyes a little, take a deep breath, and look around you.

I would consider all of my female friends as being smart, but they aren’t all smart in the same areas - that would be boring. Not all are the “smart” that you are looking for. Some would consider the “smart” that you are looking for as “dumb”. Does that make them stupid? I don’t think so... But if you go around calling a portion of the female population stupid just because they don’t agree with what you think is important you may possibly end up pissing off the “smart” that you are looking for. And how smart would that be?

lol
edit on 10-8-2011 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
silly post
edit on 10-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevolutionSpeaks
HAHA I know that once again I made my title harsh on purpose to get as many people to comment possible

I'd like to remind you that there are Terms and Conditions to follow while participating here. You can't start an admittedly by you trollish thread like this, and then overreact at the responses you get, thinking that's ok.

You reap what you sow. At this point, you've sown some fairly inflammatory commentary. I strongly suggest you either modify your approach to responding, or elect to not respond at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Define smart. Define educated. Define "dumb". Each one of us may have a different idea of these words' meanings.

On average, male and female each have a certain niche, a function in which their biological constitution facilitates.

For example, men are more likely to be better at spatial reasoning, while women are more likely to be better at multitasking. Also, men are more likely to be better at physical activity, while women are more likely to be better at being in tune with their emotional side.

There is nothing wrong with these differences. Each have their pros and cons. They are what define us as humans and when they are used in harmony, we reach the highest state of our collective abilities.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Dont want to seem bitchy here... but....

At sixteen you have barley scratched the surface of what you will experience in life...
i know you and probably other younger members will argue the case but its true...

the things i like, the people that were my friends, the places i went to, the things i have seen and the women i had "spent" time with all changed as i got older...

just because a lady doesnt like conspiracies doesnt make her stupid...
my wonderful girlfriend who i have a beutiful baby boy too thinks im border line mad... you know due to being on here....

she however is a motor bike riding, semi proffesional fisherwomen who has a strong love for campinology (bell ringing) and thats just the first three things i can tell you about her.....
she is very interesting... and beautiful with it... definetley a decent catch for me (no pun intended)

Point being... go with the flow... be sixteen... find people with common interests and find palces that cater to your tastes... as they change the people you surround yourself with will too... then you'll meet someone that feels right to you... sometimes it'll work, sometimes it wont....

just enjoy living life and having experiences...

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

The comments thus far seem to be mature and understanding. The OP just needs to understand that the word "smart" can vary in meaning from person to person and the people can be "smart" in different areas of life.

No need to overreact and close the thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If there are any girls that understand this PLEASE COMMENT because as I stand now every girl I've ever met was either stupid and/or totally blind to all of this.

Are you talking to these women, or just giving out wolf-whistles and asking for digits? Don't kid yourself. Women are wily and cunning creatures.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

The comments thus far seem to be mature and understanding. The OP just needs to understand that the word "smart" can vary in meaning from person to person and the people can be "smart" in different areas of life.

Did you step in before or after the mod bleeped out the OP's rants?
This thread has been one long argument with a teenager who hasn't liked what most have had to say in reply to his post. Quite a few curse words and over the top responses...humorous to watch unwind.

I completely agree with the people who say, who is to define what smart is?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My boyfriend doesn't buy into everything I believe and that's ok!
If he doesn't believe in everything I believe in, it certainly doesn't make him stupid...it means he thinks for himself!
I don't want to be with a mindless drone who will just agree with everything I think! He and I have open discussions and friendly debates. I have opened his eyes to some things, and he has helped me analytically study certain topics.
Its pretty great actually!
edit on 10-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'd have to say that every single one of my Ex GF's were smart.
They all got out when they could.

I'm the stupid one.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Are there ACTUALLY any smart 12 year olds out there?

I'm 16 ? I don't know if you count that anywhere near .. How old are you are you smart ? (as in my definition)

Well there's the issue...

You will meet more people with common interests the older you get. Yes, even females. And yes, there are plenty of "smart" ones believe it or not.

Another thing that comes with age/experience (in most cases.. hopefully yours included) is a deeper understanding and therefore deeper respect that you will develop for the opposite sex.

My girlfriend is very intelligent on lots of different subjects. We learn from each other.

So why not try to share some of your ideas/beliefs with a female friend of yours. If she doesn't completely agree, ask for her ideas/beliefs on the matter and keep an open mind. You might learn a thing or two.

Good luck
-Dean
edit on 10-8-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Obvious

If there are any girls that understand this PLEASE COMMENT because as I stand now every girl I've ever met was either stupid and/or totally blind to all of this.

Are you talking to these women, or just giving out wolf-whistles and asking for digits? Don't kid yourself. Women are wily and cunning creatures.

Yes I'm taking to them ?? I've asked a retarded amount of girls about these topics and they all either ignore me or don't really care And I just don't understand how you can not care about this and I understand some are just not interested and I respect that and shut up

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities

Did you step in before or after the mod bleeped out the OP's rants?
This thread has been one long argument with a teenager who hasn't liked what most have had to say in reply to his post. Quite a few curse words and over the top responses...humorous to watch unwind.
I completely agree with the people who say, who is to define what smart is?

There are loads of ways to determine how smart an individual is. Just by how they post and what they post should be a complete indication. In the speaking world you must monitor speech patters, phrasing, pronunciation...much harder on ATS

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanGI5

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Are there ACTUALLY any smart 12 year olds out there?

I'm 16 ? I don't know if you count that anywhere near .. How old are you are you smart ? (as in my definition)

Well there's the issue...

You will meet more people with common interests the older you get. Yes, even females. And yes, there are plenty of "smart" ones believe it or not.

Another thing that comes with age/experience (in most cases.. hopefully yours included) is a deeper understanding and therefore deeper respect that you will develop for the opposite sex.

My girlfriend is very intelligent on lots of different subjects. We learn from each other.

So why not try to share some of your ideas/beliefs with a female friend of yours. If she doesn't completely agree, ask for her ideas/beliefs on the matter and keep an open mind. You might learn a thing or two.

Good luck
-Dean
edit on 10-8-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

I have and half of them know nothing about what I'm talking about and the others just laugh at me and say I'm crazy

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
In my experience there are no smart girls, just crazy girls.
Seriously...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
In my experience there are no smart girls, just crazy girls.
Seriously...

Even though i just said about how wonderful and interesting my other half is...

i absolutley agree... all women are crazy... they get you with nice and lovley feminine ways... but they are all secretly crazy... and when they become mothers... they get worse

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

no. girls are dumb. so you should turn gay.

or...wait until you don't have a bed time to worry about finding your soul mate.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

yes. they are all raving lunatics!

i mean...if i knew that having sex could (and statistically would) lead to 9 months of discomfort, irritability, pain and self-sacrifice...followed by 2-18 hours of excruciating pain...and then 18 years of solid, undeniable responsibility that i could never run from and statistically would probably have to endure alone...i would never have sex. so yeah...mom's are crazy! they had to be to get pregnant!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

but are there any smart female conspiracy theorists

There are plenty of quite intelligent female posters on ATS. (and more than a few female mods). Then of course, there's always our own Conspiracy Chicks...who are not only smart, but beautiful to boot...

Man...just can't please everyone all of the time...hehe...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

you should personally know better: your world view does not dictate your intelligence. your thread title is misleading. it should read, "people who share my world view are smart like me" :

or are you fishing for statistics to prop up some other argument you have?
edit on 10-8-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join