It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any ACTUALLY smart girls ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My girl is pretty smart, problem is whenever I mention ATS or any of my crazy conspiracy stuff she just thinks I'm a paranoid lunatic. God bless her, my voice of reason

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That is quite an odd way to classify intelligence. As a matter of fact, the title itself is unintelligible. Why am I wasting time commenting on such trivial and nonsensical rantings of a lonely basement dweller?
edit on 10-8-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well now, where do I start? On the first page of this post I read that someone believes you can tell the females from their avatars, backgrounds and the way they write. Not so. I believe the first thread I ever replied to that elicited responses , was that everyone on there was referring to me as dude, bro, etc. No one, for a second thought I was a female, and yes I am. I do not have a girly background or avatar, I come here to lurk and throw in a line every once in awhile. Do I type like a female? you would only think so if you knew I was a chick. So I don't think your perception has anything to do with girls being not "smart". I think its more of a biased assesment. It is possible that maybe when you know you are conversing with a female, especially one who may not agree with you, that you may tend to assume they are "stupid". It has been my experience that if someone doesn't agree with something a person says, they are deemed stupid and if it is a female disagreeing ,well, then they definitely must be stupid. I think what you really want to know is if there are chicks on here that think like you and agree with you.
I also noted someone stating that girls lack depth? As much as i would like to disagree, I cannot. I am 33 years old and I still have only two real friends, mostly due to the fact that almost every female I meet is ignorant, and self centered. The idea that the world does not revolve around them befuddles many. But I believe that is nurture , not nature. I find it difficult to make friends with females due to the lack of conversation and things I can relate to. But on the bright side there are some very intelligent , in depth females out there who could run circles around you and many men on here.You just have to know where to find them and they are not the ones with glittery avatars..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Right!!!!
Ugh speaking of "smart"....What is it with kids these days! They are absolutely grammatically illiterate!
I know a kid going into high school this year who makes straight A's but can't write a comprehensible sentence to save his life! I blame spell check and Word...How are educators letting them get away with this?
When I was in high school we turned in papers hand written and you better know how to spell and use punctuation otherwise your paper was coming back soaked in red ink with a big fat F on it!
No wonder he can't find a smart girl....among other reasons.
I just don't think most kids his age have it in them to understand broader idea's and most have not gotten to the point of thinking outside the box yet.
I used to be a teen and I remember just eating what I was fed so to speak...then you grow up and your eyes are opened. You can either choose to keep them closed, or start digging deeper.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

i know early teens that cannot do basic math without a calculator.

it's as if the schools these days are teaching kids to be dumb and lazy. i mean...i know that would never happen. they want us to be smart, edumacated people so surely they are doing everything they can to make sure that kids are getting quality lessons.

yeah kid...i don't think you need to be too worried about an ACTUALLY smart girl. i think you need to worry about getting a damn tutor!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The word is actual ...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RevolutionSpeaks

Just the fact that you are prepared to tell a woman, "Shut up, you dumb b###," is the only clue I need to realize why smart women may be avoiding you. Smart women like men who like women, for the most part, anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

AH, ignorance at it's finest, now that's a painful fact.
Deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

while there may not be any scientific data to back it up...i think it is undeniable that as a general whole, men are more logic based and women are more emotional based, ergo...men are "smarter", in a sense. and yes...black americans were genetically weeded out for their brains and selected to breed for their physical attributes.

i would LOVE to see a side-by-side analysis of a large group of male and female IQs. i think that the men would have a higher average IQ than women. i really do. there are some very intelligent women...no doubt. but women typically don't get involved in mental activities as much as men. maybe it's just a product of social constraints. i don't know. but i know a lot of guys who do a lot better at trivia games than women. i bet that you would see more male winners on jeopardy than female.

it does sound sexist. ok. so what? i'm waiting to be proven incorrect. it doesn't mean that women are incapable of achieving "mental prowess" or anything...but typically women don't exercise their intellect as much as men. i see it all day, every day, every where i go.

this also begs the question of what is "smart"? who decides what smart is?
edit on 8/10/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Proven incorrect:

Source

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

did you read everything i wrote and everything you linked? i think not:

"NEWSWEEK: Many studies show that men score slightly higher in IQ tests. Is this significant?
Adrian Furnham: Universally, men tend to score higher on certain specialized skills, such as spatial awareness. In the real world, that means they might be better at reading maps or navigating. Women score higher in terms of language development and emotional intelligence. But most experts agree there is no real, important overall difference when it comes to gender and intelligence."

wow. almost exactly what i said. but nice try!

are you a man or woman? just curious...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You'll find your answers when you seek why the IQ test was invented and by who.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

notice how at the end of my post, i said, "this also begs the question of what is "smart"? who decides what smart is? "

yeah. kinda thought of that part already.

i will say this: every man i know constantly complains about how women ask so many stupid questions and can't seem to figure out how to get through their day without asking someone for help 20 times or more.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Just saying exactly what people overlook, at least you acknowledge that.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
No, the smart gene is only present in the Y chromosome.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

yeah. men are dumb in other ways. the ego plagues men way more than women. in fact...i just posted on facebook this evening about how men are retards for trying to compare their manliness amongst each other by how hard they work. they brag about who is a better slave.

granted...i am far beyond average intelligence (and have the IQ test to prove), nor am i very "manly". i mean...i'm covered in tattoos and survived years in prison...so i can be tough. but manly...manly is a fu..ing joke. i am also a published poet. so i don't really fit many stereotypes. women are often considered better communicator. i myself...have met very few people (male or female) who communicate better than me. i am very verbal and have an ability to relate to and convey ideas effectively to most people. so i have this huge ego about myself that i am intellectually superior to 99% of people...which in turn, makes me ignorant, in some ways! ah...the ego...

i think that by the typical definition of intelligence...men are more intelligent. in reality...men and women both haver strengths and weaknesses that compliment each other well...if men would get over themselves!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Some of the smartest Girls on the planet, even the ones with cooties...Are members of ATS.
I "know" many of them here....Meaning I know of them, just not personally.
Go hang at a coffee house, or library..You'll see.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
Define smart. Define educated. Define "dumb". Each one of us may have a different idea of these words' meanings.

On average, male and female each have a certain niche, a function in which their biological constitution facilitates.

For example, men are more likely to be better at spatial reasoning, while women are more likely to be better at multitasking. Also, men are more likely to be better at physical activity, while women are more likely to be better at being in tune with their emotional side.

There is nothing wrong with these differences. Each have their pros and cons. They are what define us as humans and when they are used in harmony, we reach the highest state of our collective abilities.

After all these posts and still yet no real definition of what "smart" means. The op and everybody else is all on different pages and are all talking about different things all together. So can somebody at least put in writing what "smart girls" is supposed to mean.

What are we talking about book smarts here, and the knowledge of a bunch of useless facts.

What are we talking about the whole conspiracy angle thing, because that can mean many things, one of which is that you spend to much time on ats.

So far and nothing has been said on what "smart" is supposed to mean.

So how does smart and girl fit together, people. And really what does smart and girl have to do with each-other?

Given the extent of natures programming it's obvious that even if most females would not be able to spell there own names, it would not really matter at all, because the males will still call them smart if it gets them in there good graces or laid, or at least in the cliche. As can be seen in any male and female situation such as in a club or even a website.

So op and everybody else what the funk is smart to you.

Because when people say smart it means many things, for instance when a woman says this guy is smart or what not, or you need to be more smart, it usually has something to do with money, control, or social standings.

And when a man says so and so is smart it usually means he knows stuff, or is read up on stuff, or is rich or is in the know, or gets laid a lot, and such.

Can somebody please quantify this "smart" thing for me, since as you can see I have no time for ego banter, nor the energy to dive peoples minds to find out what the hell you all talking about.

But I am going to guess it has to do with the ego and personalities, and the will to power. Of which most things fall in to those 3 categories.

Define the definition for defining smart in the context of female to male, is what I am asking?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS

The word is actual ...
I should have known that it would take a woman to point this one out!

Star on you, good post.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join