It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any ACTUALLY smart girls ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I could get with alot of different hot girls I just wanna try and find a girl worth keeping

Find one worth keeping, like what, a pet?
Oh never mind. This is silly. I'm following Partygirl outta here.
Bye.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
I think this thread is going to be closed pretty soon! LoL

Why would you say that ?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RevolutionSpeaks

I have heard that they exist, but I have never seen any. So I think its just a myth.

Depends on what you call "smart" I guess. What someone calls smart another can call stupid, really its all just perspectives. And from a heigh enough vantage point all of life on this planet is really not considered sentient, merely half sentient. Or as some say, just hairless monkeys, throwing there verbal feces at each-other.

Anyways the majority of females as in 99.999999% like there world nice and peachy, to expect them to understand the bad in the world is really expecting to much of them. And like you know conspiracies are so cool now a days, and cool things are hip, and popular.

The fairer sex among us are like flowers, that is to say they are there in the summer when all of nature and the birds and the bees are around at there peek, and they sure smell nice, and look nice, and are pleasant to be around.

But once winter comes they will all disappear, and like flowers when the snow and ice comes they become totally useless. So don't put your stock and faith in something that is only there seasonally, and only under certain circumstances.

Beware the harsh circumstances that will come down op, because when the ice and snow begin to fall for a length of time, well... watch them all disappear.

So love it or hate it, it is what it is op.

But one important thing, before I stop with the writing.

Being smart is overrated, and really not all that its cracked up to be. It is much better to just be happy in whatever your lot in life is.

And no matter what they say ignorance is bliss in a lot of things, and if you were to look you would see that anytime you were at your happiest, you were unaware of a lot of things that were going on around you, hence there is always ignorance involved in any moment of bliss.

But ignorance can only be bliss, as long as you clear the way to enjoy your self in your ignorance.

And ignorance is one thing females are pretty good at, there pretty good at living in there created illusions, but only because others have cleared the way usually. And that to tell you the truth everything has its place, and like there is a summer and a fall and a winter for a reason. So to there exists ignorance for a reason. And at least for some of us it is indeed a great skill that we wished we had.

Because knowledge will weigh you down.
"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow....Some book I once read, I think it was called The Book."

And so that's were the wo-men come in to the picture. Have you ever listened to some of the stuff they say and actually believe in, it just makes you go wtf, your so dam cool to actually say that, and believe it, what planet do you come from, because I would want to go there.

edit on 10-8-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: I no so smart...Alright I'm just to lazy to spell correctly.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I mentioned this post to my boyfriend and he laughed. He said "That's because I think you aren't really a woman. Your purse is a tactical pack, you hate shopping, you would rather wear a wooden ring than a diamond one. I'm lucky because I got one of the only hot intelligent women out there!" awwwww It's true. And nothing drives me crazier that gossip and idle chatter. So - yes, we exist... and yes, I cook very very well, clean more than I probably should, dress nice and look good. Guess those mormon teachings didn't completely go to waste. But on top of that, I work out, own my own business, do my own taxes, fix problems with the computer that my boyfriend can never figure out.... I shoot handguns, rifles and shotguns with amazing accuracy. And my survival storage is pretty good if I do say so myself. Not tooting my own horn - just making a point. My views on life have always been "Anything you can do, so can I." I'm not the only woman with the same mentality. You're young - you'll figure it out.
And yes - the title definitely attracted attention.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Obviously we exist. Finding others outside of this site and others like it, is slightly more difficult. People are less likely to talk about these things at work or social events. You should try finding someone that meets my criteria. Not only do they have to be aware of whats going on in the world, they have to be cool with the fact that I won't live in a home with a t.v., and that I won't cook or purchase processed foods, and only buy organic non GMO food. So guys who like potato chips with their beer are off of my potential partner list.

edit on 10-8-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ
I mentioned this post to my boyfriend and he laughed. He said "That's because I think you aren't really a woman. Your purse is a tactical pack, you hate shopping, you would rather wear a wooden ring than a diamond one. I'm lucky because I got one of the only hot intelligent women out there!" awwwww It's true. And nothing drives me crazier that gossip and idle chatter. So - yes, we exist... and yes, I cook very very well, clean more than I probably should, dress nice and look good. Guess those mormon teachings didn't completely go to waste. But on top of that, I work out, own my own business, do my own taxes, fix problems with the computer that my boyfriend can never figure out.... I shoot handguns, rifles and shotguns with amazing accuracy. And my survival storage is pretty good if I do say so myself. Not tooting my own horn - just making a point. My views on life have always been "Anything you can do, so can I." I'm not the only woman with the same mentality. You're young - you'll figure it out.
And yes - the title definitely attracted attention.

Haha your boyfriend sounds funny and you are proof that what I'm looking for exists THANK YOU for helping me I won't give up on finding a women worth marrying

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Okay, it's time to pull out my absolute proof that women are dumber than men...

There was a time not too long ago when women didn't have to work; they just had to stay at home, clean, cook, and take care of the kids.
Thanks to the brilliant feminists of the past, now you have to work, clean, cook, and take care of the kids.
What did you get out of this brilliant trade? Well, now you can vote. And of course, you always vote for men, so your vote was irrelevant anyways.

If men were ever in that situation, we'd just sit back and enjoy our comfy life. We wouldn't go around yelling, "Let us work! Let us work!"

I'm only half-serious. Eh, 10% serious.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Because people are starting to get out of control! LoL

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Of course there are, but perhaps your not looking in the right places. If you can't find a smarter girl then you may consider looking at yourself. What is it about you that attracts an unintelligent girl who doesn't care about the things you care about? Do you maybe have some short comings of your own that are preventing you from being with someone smarter?

I have found that there are stupid people everywhere and gender has very little to do with it. It is how we are raised plain and simple. Now to be fair there are plenty of people who are just born with an innate ability or aptitude, but for the most part it is how we are raised and educated.

For every stereotype of stupid women, I could give you an example of a stupid man. It isn't a fair generalization nor is it accurate. However your opinion is obviously tainted by your own experiences. I suggest if you want someone who is smarter and interested in what you are that you look in different places than you typically would. Don't look for the type of girl you normally would. Don't look for someone to look up to you as an intelligent man, but then be disappointed that they are not as intelligent as yourself. Einstein said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Instead do something different and perhaps you will attract a different sort of woman.

Another thing I feel the need to mention is that men and women both discount each other far too much. My husband for example is an incredibly intelligent man, but he is book smart. He jokingly calls himself a fountain of useless knowledge. Me on the other hand, while I like to think of myself of above average intelligence, my intelligence is different than my husbands because our brains are wired differently. I am more intuitive to people, not some wacky psychic intuitiveness, but intuitive to people physically. The way people speak, tone of voice, posture, facial expressions, mannerisms, ect... I do try to keep up with things going on in the world because it is important to do so. I can keep up to date on current events just as easily as anyone. I can sit and have an intelligent conversation about what I have read and regurgitated just as good as any man.
Can't very well complain about the world if I don't know what the hell is going on to begin with though.
I would never say my husband is stupid because he is oblivious to people and lacks in social skills, it just isn't his area of intelligence. Everyone has their areas that they have more knowledge in and that's fine because that is how we balance each other out. I once read that women tend to be emotionally intelligent while men tend to be analytically intelligent. There of course are always exceptions and both men and women can be a bit of both, but it's so easy to discount the intelligence of another simply because it isn't the same as our own.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Because people are starting to get out of control! LoL

haha I know but I really hope it isn't closed

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Okay, it's time to pull out my absolute proof that women are dumber than men...

There was a time not too long ago when women didn't have to work; they just had to stay at home, clean, cook, and take care of the kids.
Thanks to the brilliant feminists of the past, now you have to work, clean, cook, and take care of the kids.
What did you get out of this brilliant trade? Well, now you can vote. And of course, you always vote for men, so your vote was irrelevant anyways.

If men were ever in that situation, we'd just sit back and enjoy our comfy life. We wouldn't go around yelling, "Let us work! Let us work!"

I'm only half-serious. Eh, 10% serious.

"absolute proof' eh? Sounds more like absolute short sighted opinion. This had nothing to do with brilliant feminist, this was about being able to choose what they wanted. Not every woman wants to stay home, cook clean or even to have children. Some women wanted a different life, why is that so terrible? Being a mom who sat around cleaning and cooking does not appeal to all women, but it isn't even so much about the motivation, it is about having the ability to choose for themselves what sort of life they would live.

I greatly appreciate the ability I have to vote and when I vote it has nothing to do with gender. I make my choices on who would best represent me, if it happens to be a man then so be it. Even when women do get into politics they are shot down and disparaged based on their gender and not because of their political stance. Hell I'd get into politics, but there are too many politicians. Here is where I admit I have a very low opinion of politicians and thing most of them are nothing more than corrupt men looking for power and money, but I digress. My point, although long winded, is that it isn't irrelevant to be able to vote just because women may vote for men. Maybe it's more that we simply don't have any other choices to vote for, short of jumping into the ring and giving it a go ourselves.

All of this coming from a woman who chose to have a family and be a stay at home mom. Who now is moving on to going back to college so that I can move on with a new part of my life outside of being a mom. Why would I do that? I do it because I want to expand my mind, I want to help others, I want to grow personally and not be restricted to just how well I can cook a meal, clean a toilet or wipe a snotty nose. Because I can choose to have options in my life just as men have always done. Another view point is this: I know many many women who would love nothing more than to be a stay at home mom and do all of these things, but their husbands can't seem to provide enough income in order for them to live on just one income. Unfortunately for a lot of women, it is necessity that demands that they are in the working world and not at home being a mom like they want to do. So is that to be blamed on the men?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Just hold back on the reptilian agenda and how zee moon is really an ancient space station and you should be ok

At least until the 2nd date...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I'm not sure what age group you fall into, RevolutionSpeaks, you've just not met a girl with similar interests to yourself, smart or otherwise, that's all. Don't get too hung up on " Smart ".

Common sense is more appealing, and far rarer, and valuable. I was 35 before I found the right one....

Oh ! and don't get obssessed with good looks either ! Personality is far more important. You'll know when you've met the right one.

Good luck in your quest !

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
A funny observation, women want to be equal with men and all that good stuff and share the same benefits but when you go out with them, they still expect the man to pay their way! I am not sexist or a woman hater or anything like that, its just an observation I've noted on many occasions! More power to ya, sister!

edit on 11/17/2010 by TopherWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Humor is a good one to aim for - laughing is great!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

I'm not sure what age group you fall into, RevolutionSpeaks, you've just not met a girl with similar interests to yourself, smart or otherwise, that's all. Don't get too hung up on " Smart ".

Common sense is more appealing, and far rarer, and valuable. I was 35 before I found the right one....

Oh ! and don't get obssessed with good looks either ! Personality is far more important. You'll know when you've met the right one.

Good luck in your quest ! [/quot
I know all about how personality is more important trust me. and once again My tittle was harsh and was mostly just meant to grab people's attention

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

A funny observation, women want to be equal with men and all that good stuff and share the same benefits but when you go out with them, they still except the man to pay their way! I am not sexist or a woman hater or anything like that, its just an observation I've noted on many occasions! More power to ya, sister!

This is anecdotal at best! Most women don't exactly want to be equal so much as they don't want to be viewed or treated as less, but this idea seems to get lost in translation. If I invited my boyfriend (now hubby) out then of course I didn't expect him to pay his way, I did that because I invited him. Heck even now if we go out I will pay for it, not that it matters since the money all comes from the same place. LOL

If a person has enough love and respect for another then it is never about male vs. female or societal gender roles. But I guess it is just easier to sit around finding differences in each other rather than being different enough to overcome stereotypes. (this not directed at you personally, just generally speaking)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

A funny observation, women want to be equal with men and all that good stuff and share the same benefits but when you go out with them, they still except the man to pay their way! I am not sexist or a woman hater or anything like that, its just an observation I've noted on many occasions! More power to ya, sister!

Not totally true... I absolutely hate it when people pay my way. Financially or career "paved". I've had to actually sit back and stop because some guys get offended if you don't let them pay. My boyfriend and I split everything. I pay rent, he pays food and bills. We go out to eat - he pays then I pay the next time. Not all women are like that. But the ones who get angry when a guy forgets his wallet? Those ones should be ashamed of themselves. I've heard too many stories similar. It's sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Could'nt agree more, watchZEITGEISTnow....

Old English proverb: " Laughter is a fine tonic - don't bottle it "

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join